New conceal carrier new uscca member

Im not the greatest for introducing myself but I’m gonna give it a shot.
Hello everyone, My name is Trey and I work in the county detention center. I’m new to the uscca and new to concealed carrying. I am 23 years and feel like joining the uscca has been the greatest thing I’ve ever done since I started carrying. I now feel a sense of safety for when and if I ever have to use my weapon in self defense. I can remember when I was in certification school for my job when I first heard about the uscca was was told it was a very good thing to have when carrying a firearm. Then was told evermore about the uscca when I took my conceal carry class from my instructor. Long story short I’m glad to be apart of the uscca community.

22 Likes

Welcome to the Community

2 Likes

Hey Trey,
Welcome to the forum, the folks here are super nice to talk with and there is a wealth of knowledge that you can tap into and learn from.

Where are you from as well, I’m in central Texas.

Cheers man and stay safe!

2 Likes

Welcome to the USCCA family Trey. Glad your here!

4 Likes

Glad your here with us… If you ever have any questions just ask thsts what we are here for!

2 Likes

Just some input from an old man, and if it works for you fine if not thats OK also.
May I suggest since you are new to the shooting world that you get involved with some shooting sport. It can be any number of avenues,e.g., trap shooting, defenseive pistol training IDPA, Steel challange among others. This will sharpen your skills and make you awear of situtions not found in target shooting alone.
You have many years to go, enjoy every second.
Larry

5 Likes

@Mr.Sanford

That was a pretty solid introduction. What decided you in CC your job as a Corrections Officer or the state of the Nation right now?

2 Likes

Welcome @Mr.Sanford, you’ve joined a great community. We are all here to be both teachers and students as we all have a lot to share and a lot to learn from one another.

2 Likes

Welcome @Mr.Sanford!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Trey, God bless you

I’m new to the uscca love all the information I have been taking them since I joined

3 Likes

Welcome Kevin and God bless you

Welcome to the community

1 Like

Great intro! We’re happy to have you and thanks for the job that you do.

2 Likes

welcome to the community I think you’ll learn a lot and get a lot of information from this like I have and I’ve only been at with it for a month

1 Like

Welcome to the community I am new also I believe I made the best decision of my life joining the uscca next to marrying my wife 27 years ago

1 Like

Welcome to the community y’all! There’s a lot of knowledge to pull from here!

1 Like

Welcome to the USCCA family and the Community!

1 Like

Welcome friend! Might I suggest taking some time and go through the various discussions on here, a ton of useful information.

1 Like