New to USCCA

Hello Everyone, signed up yesterday (platinum member). Reading the FAQs and watching the first few videos on what can go wrong in a justified use of force for a CWP holder opened my eyes to what we are all up against. As a retired first responder and 2A advocate living in the red state of South Carolina I am somewhat sheltered from a lot of the BS going on in this country, not to imply that we don’t have issues…. Anyway, I’m glad to be here and look forward to working my way through all of the training at my disposal and keeping myself informed of all things related to keeping me and my family safe

26 Likes

@B.Arnel Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

@B.Arnel - welcome to the Community :handshake:

5 Likes

Welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the Community sir

4 Likes

Welcome

4 Likes

@B.Arnel Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome to the self-defense community :blush:

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @B.Arnel

3 Likes

Welcome to the USCCA and our little group here. The USCCA training is fantastic, and you’ll be glad to be a part of this great organization. I hope you become a regular here in the forum.

6 Likes

Welcome sir. You chose the right forum for thoughtful responses, great information about technical questions and personal experiences.

6 Likes

Welcome to the club!

5 Likes

B.Arnel as a fellow Carolinian, I what to welcome you to the Thunderdome!

4 Likes

@B.Arnel Welcome to the community, and glad you are taking all the benefits that USCCA has to offer, so take all the advantage of all the materials available, you’d be surprised how great the learning and training materials are. Be active in the community as well, conversing with the rest of us here, from all across our country, great talks, sharing info, learning from each other, and any questions you have, just ask, there’s lots of experience and knowledge here, glad to have you onboard and if you have others that might like to join the USCCA, bring them aboard, as we are a growing membership!

8 Likes

Welcome to the community.

5 Likes

Welcome B.Arnel.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community. I live in the boonies. I am sheltered also. I don’t think I would want it any other way, given the stories I hear on the forum.

3 Likes

We come to the community SIR THIS IS A GREAT FAMILY .Love Bobby Jean and Debbie ann . And your over 8, hundred thousand family members . I am Bobby Jean . And I want to be the first to give you A Root Beer :beer: BROTHER SIR .:us::us::us::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::100::100::eagle::100:

3 Likes

While keeping yourself informed is good, practicing using your firearm is even more important, if you are fortunate enough to have a backyard range that makes it a lot easier, if not you need to see if you can find a range that allows drawing from a holster and shooting, they are kinda of rare and some require taking their safety course but it is a price well worth it.

Learning how to draw from a holster is a major part of concealed carry for self defense.

I consider myself to be lucky as I have a backyard range and the county has not placed any restriction on it other than no nighttime shooting, nighttime being after 8 PM until 8 AM, and that has to do with noise.

Now if you came out here on a Sunday you would be amazed by how much gunfire you will hear around my neighborhood, there are probably 30 backyard ranges within 5 miles of where I live and people out here are very 2nd supporting as is our Sheriff.

5 Likes

@Edwin69 Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like