Never used a gun

My name is Trigger, I’m new to USCAA but I love everything about this organization already. I come into the USCAA with a goal of gaining the self defense skills that I need to protect myself, my family, and my community members from the numerous threats that the 21st century poses. I have never shot nor operated a gun before, however, I’d like to learn everything that there is to know about weapons and become a professional operator of such. I think that I’ve come to the right place for sure. Thank you very much!

19 Likes

Welcome to the community @Paul148

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Paul148! Let us know what questions you have! We love to help :smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome aboard Paul. You’re in the right place.

3 Likes

Welcome! What kind(s) of gun(s) are you wanting to learn to use?

3 Likes

“Fire” off a few questions to get the discussion started!

4 Likes

Welcome.
You are in proper place to learn the theory.
Read, discuss and ask questions.

@Paul148
I come into the USCAA with a goal of gaining the self defense skills that I need to protect myself, my family, and my community members from the numerous threats that the 21st century poses.

Look for live classes with Instructor. Start with basic and find the path you wanna go.
USCCA has great defense classes you can attend once you know your firearm and are comfortable to operate it.

:+1:

5 Likes

Hey Paul welcome to the community and God bless you and your family brother.

2 Likes

Thank you all so very much for your warm welcoming, it’s much appreciated, thank you. Primarily I’m seeking weapons training, self defense training, mental strengthening, and familial protection, however, I plan on learning as much as I possibly can in order to be a better man, family member, and American. I’m interested in weapons systems of every possible kind and defense in many arenas as well. Thank you very much! I look forward to becoming acquainted with some of you, ditching all my old friends, so, there is n better place than here to start making new ones!

5 Likes

What did your old friends do wrong? (We’ll try to avoid those things!)

3 Likes

Welcome Paul - you have come to the right place I am also fairly new and the knowledge I have gain from this group is outstanding

3 Likes

Oh, nothing at all. I’m just at a point in my life where I’m moving on and starting a new network and meeting new people and making new friends.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply sir, I share your sentiment, I’m absolutely sure that I’m in the right place.

2 Likes

Welcome to a great community- you’ve chosen well. It’s a firm foundation from which to begin your new journey.

2 Likes

Paul welcome to the community.
God bless you

3 Likes

Thank you very much Jane, I trust I’m amongst the finest!

3 Likes

Everyone at some point had never fired a gun. You’re just smart enough to learn about it first instead of learning the hard way. Welcome!

2 Likes

You found the right place, sir!!

Personally, I don’t think any other organazation would not only teach you ground up, but also treat you like family!

1 Like

Start with two books.

1. “In the Gravest Extreme” by Massad Ayoob.
  2. “Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals” by the USCCA.

Second, don’t buy a gun until you’ve had the opportunity to shoot many different guns. Step one, research. Step two, shoot a bunch. Step three, purchase.

IDK about your goal of becoming a professional operator. I assume you mean ‘accomplished’ or ‘skilled’. If you’re going for professional, the Armed Forces are always a good bet…
I’ve been a student of the gun for 45 years, and still don’t know everything there is to know.
It’s a journey, brother–not a destination. Enjoy it!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes