Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Welcome to all of you responsibly armed Americans who are looking to learn and share with like-minded individuals! You’ve all got something special to bring to this group that will help others no matter what spot you’re at on your self-defense journey.

Gun-shy about talking about yourself? Here are some questions to help you get started!

• Who are you?
  • What got you interested in carrying and self-defense?
  • How long have you been training for your self-defense?
  • What formal training have you had?
  • What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten regarding your self-defense?
  • What’s your favorite gun?
  • How often do you train?
  • How have you gotten your friends and family involved?
  • What do you hope to learn from others in the USCCA Community?

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR SUPPORT. PLEASE DO NOT ASK A QUESTION HERE. THIS IS FOR INTRODUCING YOURSELF AND ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS ABOVE ONLY. Please post your questions in the appropriate topic area.

Housekeeping

• If you are new to the Community, please check out our Community Guidelines.

• Please be judicious with how much personal information you share. Remember, your posts on any social media can be used if you ever have to legally defend yourself after a physical self-defense situation.

• Please do not post any personal information on this forum. You share your personal information here at your own risk.

• If you are under 13 years old, you are not able to participate in this forum. You can find out more about that restriction here.

• You can change your username once you’ve logged into the USCCA Online Community. Here’s how!

19 Likes
New User Guide

I am a Marine veteran and also a first responder. I have been carrying for over a decade and whether open or concealed, carry for the same reason - I value life. I am a hunter and hunt deer and love the outdoors. I also do not get out there as much as I would like, as work keeps me very busy indeed. I carry a small 380 most times because it can fit nicely under a suit or in an ankle holster too. A nice, versatile weapon.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Community, DStubenrod! I’m so excited to see you here!

2 Likes

Hi guys and gals, I’m glad to be here. I’m from Cape Cod Massachusetts, been shooting competitively for about 4 years now, IDPA, USPSA,
3 GUN, and NDM. I’m a certified NRA RSO, and an IDPA certified SO. I carry everyday no matter where I go and have been for about 32 years, I shot my first gun when I was about 4 years old, (a bolt action mossberg .22, still have it) and I love the way of life that comes along with everything listed above.

4 Likes

Welcome to the USCCA Community @Steve-G!

Sounds like shooting is in your blood! Can’t wait to hear more about your competitive shooting in the discussions!

2 Likes

Welcome @Deril and @Steve-G !

We’re so excited to have you guys here. I’m in the very early stages of my self-defense journey and I can’t wait to learn from all of you here. I know I’m in good hands with this community and I can’t wait for the adventure.

5 Likes

I’m so excited to have you here, @shaunauscca! Any time you want to hit the range, let me know!! :smiley:

1 Like

hi, everyone! excited to be part of this community.

So - my name is Jonathan, and I’m from South Carolina. I work for the USCCA on the technology side. Carrying daily is new to me but something I plan to change this year. I completed a CCW permit class near the end of last year. I had been planning to carry my Glock 43, but I’ve had a rough time with misfires. As far as I can tell it’s due to my grip and stance. Need to train more!

anyways, looking forward to connecting

oh and @Steve-G, my wife and I were just talking about planning a weekend trip to cape cod. we’ve never been. also, the instructor of my CCW permit class talked a lot about his participation in IDPA. made it sound awesome.

3 Likes

I’m a massage therapist and a mom of three teenagers. I’ve been carrying for a few years now. Really started carrying regularly when I went on my own for massage.

I go into people’s houses to do massage - only by referral! But even then there are some unique people I’ve worked on who made me glad I had my holster under my scrubs! My patients don’t always know I carry - and some would be dead set against it. However, it’s for their protection as much as it is mine.

I’m looking forward to learning more about shooting - including competition shooting! - from everyone here.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Shawn I’m currently disabled. I’ve never been one to carry a firearm, I did however admire the people that believed in exercising their right to do so. After becoming disabled I realized I wasn’t able to protect myself or my family without owning or carrying a firearm. I currently study every piece of information I can and learn as much as I can about firearms and the functions of them. I carry a Smith and Wesson SD40 VE. Always keep a round in the chamber a full magazine and an extra magazine with me. I also carry a knife, and small flashlight. Nothing can be planned but everything should be expected.

5 Likes

Welcome @ShawnT!

Have you checked out all of our free reading material on your USCCA dashboard? www.uscca.com log in at the upper right-hand corner.

If you have, let me know and I’ll dig up more reading material for you! And be sure to check out your youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/USCCAtraining

So glad to have you here!

I read every one I get and start before recieving it using the dashboard. I’m also reading all of the back issues. I watch all training videos and follow into the fray as well. I’m planning a trip for this summer to come out to Wisconsin for a tour of the facility. I think the U.S.C.C.A is an amazing and vital part of my concealed carry journey.

2 Likes

Hi all, I’m Thad. I got interested in owning firearms shortly after Wisconsin started offering CCW permits. Prior to that at didn’t have a reason since I don’t hunt and, didn’t see the point to a handgun you can’t carry. When I first started out in 2012 I really didn’t know anything about what I was doing and, made the mistake of putting the cart before the horse. I got my CCW permit then my first gun. After my first time to the range I decided not to carry till I believed I was ready then spent the next two years learning everything I could about guns and, carry before actually starting to carry. About 2 1/2 years ago I went for the USCCA instructor program but, am not an active instructor. I can’t compete with the prices of other instructors in the area. I can’t really decide on a favorite carry gun since I have five different options to choose from that I thoroughly enjoy. I don’t get to the range anywhere near as often as I would like due to cost but, I dry fire train two to five days a week. I’m always up for learning something new.

2 Likes

Welcome @Thad! It’s always nice having a fellow cheesehead here!

@ShawnT, Im hearing impaired on my left side. I don’t let that slow me down and if someone has an issue with it, I’ll invite them to the range and let that leave them speechless. Hearing impaired, wheel-chair bound, limitations are only limitations if we allow them to be. I wont allow limitations to define me. I define myself in how I respond to them by not allowing them to get me down.

5 Likes

Yes sir, I agree completely. It doesn’t stop you until you allow it to.

1 Like

Hi,

I am pleased to be here too. I am partially deaf and lost my hearing on my left side recently. But that hasn’t deterred me in the least. But I am still active with shooting and plan to take part in a shooting competition this summer.

3 Likes

Hi Dawn. Stupid question. How do I post my initial”get to know me” post?

You’re in the right place, @Mike! You can either edit the post you tagged me in or reply to this one. :slight_smile:

Hi! I’d like to welcome everyone to the USCCA Community and introduce myself! I am a member of the USCCA technical/design team and also a newbie on my journey to being a responsibly armed American. I have always been a believer of the Second Amendment and am recently feeling the strong need, if not urgency, to be equipped with the confidence and knowledge to protect my family. I have a one year old son and want to know that he is always protected when he is with me. My first experience at a gun range left me a little shaky, so I’m looking forward to finding a partner here at the USCCA to give me the education and confidence that I need. I’m also really looking forward to hearing from all of our community members. I’m so encouraged to know that I have so many awesome resources at my disposal!

7 Likes