Weekly Target Feedback!

It’s definitely a slow a steady exercise. I shoot it every time I go to the range at least once.

2 Likes

Off hand at 5 yards, 30 rounds. There was some fatigue showing towards the end

20190709_190335

Primary hand, draw and shoot until empty, reload asap, repeat

3 Likes

@Spence niiice! Love it! :grin:

2 Likes

Walk back drill, TP9SFX 9mm, 3-8 yds, 5 rounds at each distance

Walk back drill, TP9SFX 9mm, 3-15 yds, 5 rounds at each distance

1 Like

Yeah, so, I went to the range this morning after too long away. You’ll notice there’s no picture, and the isn’t going to be one. Holy crap, do I need more regular practice! My trigger discipline is gone; everything flew wide left.

Maybe next time I’ll have something picture-worthy. I need to go watch some training videos now.

Regards.

2 Likes

I feel your pain, @David38! I have to get back to the range and knock the rust off!

1 Like

@David38 when will you get to go again? And can you work on some dry fire drills in the meantime?
If you need an accountability team or a cheering section, we’ve got you covered!

1 Like

Thanks, Zee. I appreciate the support. I’ll probably get back out within the week.
I’m coming around to the idea of trading in my summer carry pistol. It’s a Taurus 709 Slim which, while being a perfectly fine gun, is a bit small for my hand. I keep having to “re-settle” my grip after each shot. I was alone at the range yesterday and without the friendly distractions was really paying attention and noticing all the little things. I have my eye on Ruger’s compact Security 9 , which makes a certain amount of sense since my “main” pistol is the full size Security 9. (Better start saving my pennies.) I need to run up to Whittaker’s so I can handle one and see if it’s the one for me.

Regards.

1 Like

2 Likes

@Jason18 that’ll get it done! What are you shooting?

Glock 17 Gen 4 124 grain and Glock 41 Gen 4 45 acp FMJ 230 grain 15 yards. Ammunition is American Eagle

1 Like

Walk back drill 5 to 11 yards, 5 rounds at each distance, rapid re-acquisition, Canik TP9SFX

1 Like

Were you shooting with the left hand?
Just Wondering.
BTW - Nice shots

@Jesse - Yes, I shoot lefty, and thanks.

Here are some targets from yesterday…

This was 15 shots at 25 yards with my G19.

This was a clean “dot torture” run with the G19 at 10 feet.

This was a dot torture drill done with my SIG P365 at 10 feet. I shot all of these dots with a two hand grip.

3 Likes

Great, I know you were lefty. Nice shots!

1 Like

I bought a Springfield EMP4 in 9mm a few months ago. After shooting ~500 flawless rounds of FMJ, I loaded it up with JHP. Couldn’t get more than 2 shots without a nose-dive into the feed ramp jam. Returned gun to Springfield, they re-cut & polished the feed ramp and pinned the ejector. Went to the range and no change.

I started changing the extractor tension myself. Based on internet discussions I loosened it, made it worse! I have now increased the tension, and sure enough it shot multiple Barnes TAC-XPD (115 grain +P) and Sig V-Crown (124 grain) fully loaded magazines (+1) with no jams.!

I started the day with JHPs to see how it worked right after cleaning. Then shot 100 rounds of FMJ to dirty it up and repeated JHP testing. No jams all day! :+1:

2 Likes

Ok, here is one of my targets. All shots are at 7 yards.
10 core shot string from low ready in approximately 6 seconds.
5 head area shots from low ready approximately 5 seconds. Lowest shot was 1st round fired trying to fire as my arms got fully extended.
Thoughts from the peanut gallery?
Seriously, any help will be appreciated.

2 Likes

@John33 are you right or left handed? Type of firearm?

Right handed.
Sig P250 40 cal (DA only)

1 Like

You’re a little high left, which can be pushing the trigger a bit left at the end of the trigger pull. I’ve got a new sig DAO 22lr, and it seems like a very long, and rather stiff, trigger pull to me. (Compared to what I’m used to in my glocks).

What I find I do on that sig, because the pull is a long distance, is start with my finger on the trigger nearer the tip than the crease… but then when I get all the way to the end of the pull, I’m pushing the trigger a little to the left to complete the stroke. That nudges the muzzle left at the very end.

I had to adjust my grip a bit to get more finger on the trigger (closer to the crease) at the start, and that helped.

One more thought, one of my students has switched from right eye to left eye because of vision changes… with the lean-head-right action to get his left eye on the sights, he’s shooting consistently a bit high left.