Weekly Target Feedback!

Walk back drill, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 yards, 5 rounds at each distance, under a second a shot. The new Canik TP9 9mm and I are finding our groove… no stovepipes!
20190612_195902
@Nathan… heres my update!

4 Likes

@Zee - Nice! Glad to hear that you and your Canik are playing nice. Here’s my target from a modified set of SIG Pistol Instructor qualification drills. I scored a 96. 80 is the minimum score to pass, and anything “in the white” is a DQ.

PS - I shot this with my G19 lol.20190610_185900

4 Likes

@Nathan Dude! Nice work!! 96 is a pretty nice score.

2 Likes

@Zee - I was pretty happy with how I did. It wasn’t exactly what they do at SIG, but it was a pretty good set of drills. That G19 and I just work well together!

2 Likes

As well you should :grin:
Personally, I think the G19 likes you. :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

I finally got to get to the range. Due to my wife’s longstanding illness it has been 1 and 1/2 years since I shot at all. This picture is my AR15 (Ruger 556) right after I got the AimPoint Pro sighted in. I shot at 25 yards. Our indoor range is only a few feet longer than 35 yards.
oAJ49dLtTyaIAedtMtCmhQ

4 Likes

This is after getting reacquainted with the kick of my pistol I shot this target with my Glock G19.
P2cn0Cw2Rva121tzT%25J2lw

3 Likes

This is after getting reacquainted with the kick of my pistol I shot this target with my Glock G23.
bNebOXIeSC6m8032FB0diw

And this was my newest pistol, a Glock G43 with a 2 round extension. I had a little trouble with the head shots but the body shots were pretty good I think. This and the other handgun targets were shot at 15 yards which is about the distance I would need to shoot inside my apartment in a defense situation.
3crNLdQuQyKgROOlqqB%20AA

2 Likes

Good range day @NJStraightShooter!

I’m so glad you got some range time in, @NJStraightShooter! Some great shots there!

I’ll keep your wife in my prayers. And I’ll throw in a prayer for a little more range time for you as well :wink:

2 Likes

Walk back drill 3 to 13 yds, 5 shots at each yard as quickly as I can reacquire. Canik TP9
20190619_193816
Only one stovepipe. Definitely the elbows.
@Kerryman71

5 Likes

Walk back. 3 to 15 yards, 5 shots each, fast as I can reacquire, about 4 seconds for 5 shots. Canik TP9SFX , no stovepipes

One handed right 5 yards, no stovepipes

One handed left 5 yards, 3 stovepipes in 20 rounds

2 Likes

Bragging on my granddaughter… shooting my hubby’s Glock G22 40 cal… she learns well. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Only 3 yards, but a very pretty group.

4 Likes

My Springfield xdm9mm at 7 and 1/2 yards out. The first three shots I was off after that I was locked solid. This was my group therapy session after 2 days prior I was rear-ended and my car was declared total.

6 Likes

Nice @Roberto! that group should make you feel better :smile:
sorry to hear about your car, hopefully you’re ok even if it’s not!
Welcome to the community!

It looks like I need a new range shirt… Sig p365 @ 7 yards.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Roberto!

YIKES! How are your neck and back? I hope you’re OK!! Car accidents stink!

1 Like

I don’t shoot to kill; I shoot to live.

Regards.

2 Likes

What was your biggest challenge with the dot torture?

1 Like

Trying to find the happy balance of accuracy and speed. Missing quickly vs hitting slowly,

2 Likes