Warrior Poet Society

Is anyone here planning on joining the WPS? I like John, but I’m not sure if I’m going to dish out the cash.

9 Likes

I have seen some of his training videos and he teaches some awesome stuff. I like the way he teaches because he breaks things down simple.

2 Likes

I signed up for WPSN. New content should be available on June 1.

7 Likes

Hey Scott good choice with WPSN. He has a lot of YouTube videos and training. I believe you will learn a lot from this brother. I am going to try to sign up for it.

3 Likes

I’ve subscribed to his YT Channel… and that’s enough for me…

9 Likes

Agreed, he puts out quality content and I’m looking forward to seeing the new videos.

4 Likes

$80.00 a year for I don’t know how much content is pretty steep for his new service. I may wait a bit to see how much content he puts out and what type.

Now as far as going to one of his training events. Oh heck yeah I would pay for that. But his training spots fill up fast.

4 Likes

I will say I’m tempted. I like that he’s trying to build something self sufficient off of YouTube (youtube is aweful to Gun channels. Reeves from TFB said they make they have over 700,000 subscribers and they still make the same ad revenue they made when they reached 100,000).

I do like his content. If the videos are good enough $80-100 a year could be worth it. That being said, I already don’t follow a lot of his videos. I don’t appendix carry, I carry 45, I have a Manuel safety on my firearm… I pretty much go against almost of his carry advice :joy::joy:.

4 Likes

That’s how I feel, some of his stuff is reviews. Other content that I watch and I’m bored by. I wish him well. But I don’t know if his content is going to become that compelling.

4 Likes

I’ve watched a few of his videos but I was never a follower. However, I like what he’s trying to do and everyone/everything started somewhere. For that reason I subscribed. Albeit I suppose the day could come when I’d rather have 400 rounds or a tank of gas.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to John, personally, delivering my H1 to me. Lol

6 Likes

Ha! I wish, that would be awesome!

2 Likes

I saw that hummer prize… I don’t know where I’d put it :joy:,

2 Likes

I signed up as well. Looking forward to what he puts out.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s massive. I’m thinking my driveway (doubt it would fit in my garage) with a light shining on it at all times :rofl:

3 Likes

Already signed up. He appears to be an excellent instructor and I would be honored to meet him and take one of his classes if I could afford to. Plus it’s another uncensored platform aside from YouTube so it has my support.

5 Likes

check out the difference between the way John Lovell and Ian Feildboy clear a room…If they were clearing the same room i believe you would have one dead warrior poet.

4 Likes

Thanks for the videos. I’m going to check out that 2nd video’s channel. He explained that lesson extremely well.

I fail to see what was wrong with John’s video though? Both videos where very different content wise. Johns was a 5 minute video just visually watching as he cleared a very complex sequence of rooms. The 2nd video was all at one door and very detailed (seriously, a really awesome video). Many of Johns obstacles did not perfectly fit the method used in video 2, but where they did, he basically did the same thing. It’s possible their philosophy’s are different, but I don’t think this video debunks John Lovell as an instructor by any means.

One man clearing anything is also not ideal. It may be necessary, but it is not ideal. There will always be openings unlike if you were working with a well trained squad. Instructors have different angles to scaffolding their lessons. Many instructors have different in opinions on certain things. I really don’t think the WPS video was bad. I did feel like it was more of an ad for his classes than anything else. I did, however, learn from it. I would not have to quickly look under the mattress like John did or walk over the mattress to get a better view of the hall. Again, there were moments where if a bad guy was hiding in a particular spot, John could have been killed I guess, but his rooms where a lot more complex than the 2nd video.

4 Likes

Park it on the front lawn, like you open the place, any place you want. Kind of similar to what my father told me years ago when I bought a Grizzly 50 cal. He said what the #@$& you gonna shoot with that? Promptly told him, anything I want to. Lol
Craig

5 Likes

$80 is a little below the industry standard for big names, Rob Pincus/Personal Defense Network is a little over $100/year unless you hold out for the specials and go through the hassle of handling and renewing. Likewise James Yeager’s LiberTV is $100 a year last I checked.

Industry standards aside, what it’s worth to you is really more important. I agree 100% I would rather train with him in person!

2 Likes