Vehicle Window Stickers and Theft

Check the Federal laws, If I am mistaken, I just recently read “It is illegal to carry a firearm into a post office, as well as leaving it in your car!” Post Office /Federal property

4 Likes

Rule #1 of firearm ownership/carrying;
Don’t advertise !
That said, the place the stickers are noticed the most and where car break ins occur is in gun free zones such as sports arenas and local parking garages… especially parking garages where you may have to park in a simidark secluded area where the criminal can do his deed in relative privacy while you are in a gun free environment. A good example would be a sports arena in , … say Detroit…. Ya can’t bring your EDC into the Joe and you sure as heck don’t want to be in Detroit unarmed so you lock it in your car…
I used to have a lock box in my back seat and I have also locked my EDC in my wife’s trunk. The problem here is that on different occasions I have noticed people watching me place “something” in the back seat/trunk. To solve this problem I bought a safe that fits into the center council of my F250.
The lid on the s@fe locks securely and the lid on the council also locks… of corse I also lock the doors… the bad guys may still get my EDC but they will have to work for it … I don’t advertise & I do my best to be the
Gray Man

3 Likes

Well said!

2 Likes

Hey Mike, you need to scrape that sticker. I have an extra US Navy vet sticker to put in it’s place. Just looks better. :rofl:

4 Likes

I volunteer to be on the team.

3 Likes

I guess I should remove my USCCA sticker? Just asking. That’s the only sticker on my truck.

2 Likes

Would that include the USCCA sticker that I received when I joined USCCA that I put on my truck bumper? I never leave any firearms in my truck unless I visit the Post Office but if alone, I have an attached gun safe for those instances.

2 Likes

Do you park on Post Office property?

2 Likes

Street parking, not in the parking lot.

3 Likes

I have learned that stickers and logo t-shirts could draw unwanted attention to me. I want to go un-noticed…

4 Likes

I wear my flannel shirt untucked because I’m fat. I’m also carrying but mainly because I’m fat

4 Likes

It always amazes me to see how easily people make assessments and even offer derogatory opinions about other people when they know NOTHING about them except something as inconsequential as a sticker ON THEIR their car or an article of clothing they are wearing.

To each their own. And BTW it’s highly dependent where you are and the local environment. Years ago I stopped for a before hunt breakfast at a dinner in a small remote Vermont town. I was with my buddy, an older timer that had lived in this town forever. I locked the passenger side and he noticed and said, “Why are you locking the damn door?” I responded, I don’t want my rifle stolen. His answer…

Why the hell would they take yours?

I looked around and just about every truck/car had visible gun racks with rifles in them. All windows were open because experienced folks that are spending the day outdoors in sub20 degrees don’t want to start their day in a heated car.

Anyway it felt AMAZING to be back in América…

I don’t feel qualified to judge another base on tiny tidbits of information such as mode of dress or stickers on a vehicle. But I do feel qualified to say that the potential ACTUAL (not theoretical) consequences of those actions are so rare as to be statistically insignificant and barely worth noting in the big scheme of things.

8 Likes

I’ll see your Navy Vet sticker and raise a pair of dolphins and a zombie emblem!

I was thinking what the ramifications would be if I placed a coexist with my rifle family decal? Or…

Can’t argue that.
I just couldn’t…

5 Likes

Got the exact same dolphin sticker on my truck!

4 Likes

Happy birthday @TheKid and God bless you brother.

2 Likes

Thank you sir! The same to you and your family!

2 Likes

Happy birthday,

4 Likes

Thank you fellow bubble head!

3 Likes

I am also one that does not display any stickers on my vehicles. You never know who is checking out your advertisements.

4 Likes

Nancy was looking at political T-shirts. New Democratic slogan.
“If it isn’t broke, fix it until it is”. :rofl:

7 Likes