Vehicle Window Stickers and Theft

OK. I have been thinking about this question for a week now, I even made calls to people I have worked with and a former MSP Trooper. Now granted this search only encompasses the U.P of MI. and Shawano and Menominee counties in WI.
As a bit of background I was a Corrections Officer for 16 years in in these areas and booked in several thousand people into these facilities and read as many more booking sheets and L.E.
arrest reports. With my experience and the input of others we could not come up with one arrest for theft from a vehicle the was perpetrated because of any stickers that were gun related.
Now people who leave valuables within sight of the windows or leave a wallet or purse on the seat and or leave their doors unlocked or windows open far enough to poke a stick in to unlock
it (I did this to Nancy, I cut a stick along side the building just to show her how easy it was).
Any of the other COs, or LEOs have any other info?
So no, I do not leave any firearms in my vehicle not out of sight and secured.
So’ yes I have Pro Gun and political and Veteran stickers on my vehicles.
This was a good exercise and a trip down memory lane. Thanks. :+1:

5 Likes

Would never put a gun sticker on my vehicle, or front door. Just paints a target on you.

Not just for actual criminals, but for Karens too.

3 Likes

Great factual and experience based assessment. Thanks!

3 Likes

I would love to see the same type of information compiled from cities like Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Detroit, Boston, Miami, Los Angeles just to name a handful.

7 Likes

I have yet to put my USCCA sticker on my car. My concern is not over criminals recognizing it, but police. Chicago for me is the gateway to the eastern half of the US. I don’t want to find myself being pulled over in Chicago for some made up infraction because an officer recognized the sticker and thought it would be a good idea to find out what I’ve got on me. Am I being a little paranoid
 possibly.

6 Likes

Being a little paranoid is a good thing. Survival is often a by product of that spidey tingly sense that comes with no apparent reason. Best not to ignore it.

7 Likes

The question that I have is probably a bit controversial so here goes: Who are you trying to impress or convince with any sticker these days? I mean, honestly.

It could be a Biden/Harris sticker or a Glock sticker. Or, an NRA sticker or a PETA sticker. Hear me out 
 in this new world of social media driven character assasination where yesterday’s popular opinion on a topic can swing to tomorrow’s offense worthy of an electronically public pillory, who realy cares?

Honestly, who really cares whether you own a Glock or a Sig (I own both so please don’t beat me up too bad). And who really cares if you voted for Biden?

I don’t know. I guess I’m getting too old for this anymore. I don’t get paid by Glock/SIG/TRUMP/BIDEN to ruin my expensive vehicle with their plastic decals that were probably made in China anyway. You’re not getting paid to advertise for these companies or these people. The opposite is true in fact. You paid them good money (to purchase their goods or in taxes or both) and on top of it, you’re telling the world.

Me? I like to keep them guessing right up to the point when 
 Made you look!

My opinions are my own 

Stay safe out there.

6 Likes

I think everyone at Glock should have a @TheKid bumper sticker on their vehicles as much money as I’ve spent with them.

4 Likes

I like to add Trump stickers to Democrat’s cars!

10 Likes

OMG! Sounds like something I would do. Good one! :rofl:
And I have the perfect one just down the block. :+1:

5 Likes

@Edgy01 @BRUCE26 y’all some crazy and funny individuals.

3 Likes

I hope you put it right over their Biden/Harris sticker.

5 Likes

I keep a lock safe with cable lock in the car in case I have to leave my EDC in the vehicle. I do not have any stickers except “USN RETIRED”.

1 Like

I always carry but if I have to go to my doctors or some other criminal enhancement area either lock my firearm in a safe in the center console of my f250 then lock the lid on the console as well as the doors
 if I’m driving my wife’s fusion I have a lockbox with safety cable that fits under the seat. Both vehicles have alarms. I do not have any stickers on the windows

5 Likes

I definitely do not do stickers of any kind. I wanted a sticker that said ‘I’m not racist, I hate everybody’ (thank you Archie Bunker). My wife said it wasn’t PC, then I wanted it more! Decided I would leave my old Chevy unmarked by opinion tho. :joy:

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Anyone would assume that people who go to the range own guns. I would think the stickers would be more of a problem everywhere else. Having said that, I put no stickers on my cars, especially not 2A stickers. Using them is a good way to get robbed or have the cop pulling you over for drifting through a stop sign be nervous and prone to overreaction.

3 Likes

Nor do you have any control on how they will ‘interpret’ your advertisements. What’s rather innocent for you, may seem like an obvious invitation to them.

2 Likes

People get paranoid and love to talk that is not
Truthful, called gossip. Times are hard and Washington DC government does not help anyone.

Criminals do not care about legal matters or about
Life. They disrespect and disregard any laws that are
Suppose to be followed and it keeps on and on, getting
worse.

Putting a bumper striker on anyones property can
cause many problems and innocent people pay a high
cost for those problems. It is wrong .

1 Like

Happy Birthday brother @William_H and God bless you.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for this. I have not been on USCCA Community in several hours. Thank you!

2 Likes