News report. (Securing firearm training very important)

This is only one report within the past week here in our area that people leave firearms in their cars and the firearms get stolen.

4 Likes

I keep a lock box cabled to the seat under the seat if I have to leave my gun in my vehicle. I do not what to take the responsibility of knowing my gun had a place in a incident like this.

9 Likes

Bostick “had an extensive criminal history” that dates back to when he was 17 years old. Gualtieri said Bostick was arrested 18 times, including 34 different felonies and 22 different misdemeanor charges…

We see this all of the time. This guy had 56 strikes against him and he’s still out there.

8 Likes

Yep. Interesting. The news article read the officer was shot with a firearm that had been stolen by the perpetrator. That the car it was stolen from had an unlocked door.

Yes, I always lock my car doors, and on the very rare occasion I have to leave it in my car, I keep it in a locked box, and the steel box locked to the car.

Another option is to keep it unloaded, if locked in the car, and carry the ammo with you on your person. And or place an additional trigger lock. At home, other than my loaded EDC, I try to keep all my others with a lock.

Personally, I think laws which force us to have to keep it in our vehicles are actually not safer laws, as they can too easily be stolen.

In my state, the law states we are not allowed to CCW on public transit. Personally, I think we should be allowed to CCW on public transit and in more areas.

In my state, a few firearm rights proponent individuals got together with an attorney, and filed a legal motion to petition that the law be changed to please allow us to CCW on public transit. That motion was supported by the SAF. Last I heard, it’s still pending in the courts. I imagine it would be a tough right to gain, but appreciate and support the effort.

4 Likes

I think we should be allowed to carry anywhere there are not trained armed guards to protect us.

7 Likes

We SHOULD HAVE THE DEATH PENALTY FOR ANYONE THAT SHOOTS A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL WHEN THEY ARE DOING THEIR JOB AND NOT FOR KILLING THE JUST FOR TRYING TO WE NEED TO SEND THE CRIMINALS A MESSAGE :100: and you should have to pay the ultimate PRICE , with the DEATH PENALTY IF ANY ONE IS CONVICTED OF SHOOTING AN OFFICER THEY SHOULD BE PUT TO DEATH :bangbang::us::chile: Bobby Jean :100::100::100::latin_cross:

1 Like

We have L criminal Justice have the day :bangbang: we should be getting back to a life for a Life an this will STOP :stop_sign: PUBLIC EXAQUITED SO WE CAN TRUELY FEEL SORRY FOR THE CRIMINALS KAZ WE JUST BE HEADED THE MONSTER AND I WILL SELL POPCORN AND DONATE THE POCEADS TO THE FAMILY THAT LOST THEIR LOVE ONE AND I WILL EVEN GIVE FREE EXTRA BUTTER AND COTTON CANDY AND ROOT BEER AND FREE TISSUES TO THE PASAFOOTS. Bobby Jean :latin_cross:

2 Likes

Cars are not gun safes. I recall when the FBI SWAT team had their vehicle broken into and all their high tech weapons were stolen.

5 Likes

Does anyone remember the illegal immigrant who stole the gun out of a government vehicle and shot to death that woman who was on the peir with her daddy in his arms and every one was upset and now not even a whisper and he went free :question::question: that’s very sad and Congress was going to do some thing :100::latin_cross:

2 Likes

First comes anger, then apathy and then " didnt something bad happen".

1 Like