Vehicle Window Stickers and Theft

Interesting thread. As a female type, I consider my USAF and MC decal, along with my ProLife license plates AND Sig and Browning stickers to be the first level of deterrence to any scumbag who is considering criminal acts. I proudly wear my 2A and Pro Life shirts daily, and conceal carry every day.I train at the range weekly. I do not go anywhere that doesn’t respect RKBA. There’s always some other option. Carry in church. I am not going to be a statistic. NEVER keep firearms in my vehicle, duh.
If SHTF, and its time to bug out, things change, run deep. In my struggle for daily existence, wary of all the human waste that is crossing our borders and getting bussed to our sanctuary county, I am definitely not worried about offending some Karen who doesn’t like my message.
That’s my answer. God Speed to y’all.

25 Likes

I live in Arizona where both open and concealed carry do not require a permit, although most people who conceal carry have a permit. The primary reason being is that it expedites firearm purchases.

Having said that, 25 years ago it was common to see people “healed”. Not so much now. Those people now conceal for the many reasons discussed here.

I used to have stickers, wear certain T shirts and hats, but no longer.

I don’t think auto break ins are as common as the car being “keyed” due to a particular sticker, which is a bummer.
BTW, I black out the address on my registration, especially any vehicle parked overnight at the airport. Should the police stop you, they can verify via computer. However, if you take this step I strongly encourage that the address on your driver’s license is the same that is on your registration.

4 Likes

In the 70s, a highly targeted item was car radios. I read about someone who put a sign in their window stating, “No radio.” A jerk broke the window and left a note saying, “Just checking.”

7 Likes

Personally I do not have stickers on my Truck. I do have a lock box with cable that I keep under the passenger seat because it has more secure metal to wrap the cable lock around.

3 Likes

I have a collection of stickers that I keep at home. I have been tempted to put a few on the truck but thought otherwise. I try and live a unassuming life when it comes to my love of firearms. The element of surprise is priceless.

4 Likes

The only stickers I have on my car are the USCCA “Born to Protect” sticker and my USAA 40 Year Member sticker. (Unfortunately, most folks have no idea what USCCA is, and those that do are unlikey to be bad behavers.) In my T-shirt collection, I do have a few Molon Labe shirts, but this and any other T-shirt specifically mentioning firearms are ones I only wear around the house now. Anybody coming to the door or into the house with any brains should damn well know I’m ready to protect my home and family. I do have patriotic and religious-themed shirts that I’ll occasionally wear to appropriate venues where I’m likely to associate with folks who feel the same, but NEVER wear them to events where the main aim might be to provoke hostility.

I refuse to be silenced in my free-speech rights by those who might be “offended” or hostile to them, but I do not ever try to use any means to deliberately antagonize hostile groups that might threaten my actual safety. It’s admittedly hard to strike a balance here at times.

8 Likes

No stickers, no branded or affinity T-shirts or hats, no guns left in the car unless in a secured lockbox. Honestly, untucked flannel shirts, tactical pants and Salomon boots are as suggestive as brand labels. I can look around and guess who is probably carrying. I want to look like the guy who probably isn’t.

2 Likes

I used to proudly display organizations that I’m part of. No more. I will blend in with the rest.

5 Likes

I never leave firearms in my vehicle but I do have stickers. I’m an army retiree and I have a sticker that identifies me as one, a USASMA sticker and my unit of affiliation sticker, mainly to identify me to other retirees, veterans and active duty personnel.

6 Likes

I fail to see the benefit of concealed carrying in the first place if one has his entire belief system splashed all over his vehicle. Stupid, in my opinion, if not a bit arrogant.
And, the last time I was a member at a gun club, whenever I went downrange, I did not leave an unattended gun back on the bench - I took it downrange with me. I have a modest phobia of being caught downrange and having to fight against my own gun.

6 Likes

When I was driving older cars, I always had stickers on them, all New York Islanders. Everyone knew it was my car. I finally got my dream car (Dodge Challenger) and I can’t mar it with a sticker of any kind. For one thing, starting in 2016, it became socially acceptable to vandalize a vehicle with stickers you disagreed with on it. For another, they just look ugly. I do have a license plate frame with the Islanders on it, but that’s all. As long as I’m not in NYC, no one will vandalize the car for that!

I have never left a gun in the car, even though car break-ins are relatively rare in Northern Nevada. If I’m going somewhere where I won’t be able to carry, such as work (I’m a teacher and coach), I leave my gun at home. I hate doing that, but I don’t want to risk leaving it in the car.

3 Likes

we have armed security at the gun range I go to. They check membership cards coming in and stop the stupid people before they even get on property.

2 Likes

Sad that only the Marxist liberal groups get protection from law enforcement. I know people will get on me for saying that but let’s be honest, people are afraid to say anything against blacks or Latinos or Asians or any other designation for fear of being called a racist and or cancelled!!! The left owns this country because they have everyone backed into a corner. Pretty soon the Shits gonna hit the fan and these lefty’s are going to learn a very hard lesson. Those who don’t learn from their history are destined to repeat it. Oh and btw, if you have to put a “color” in front of “_____ lives matter”, then you are in fact a racist!!!

8 Likes

That gun safe in the trunk is a winning solution, Fish.
I have 2 stickers on my truck tailgate: Weird Load and DEFUND POLITICS
Anything else causes too much attraction for theft or vandalism.
Stickers are noticed EVERYWHERE by the wrong people.

3 Likes

The only “advertisement” on my vehicle is a US flag license plate with the blue line indicating I support the police. I do not leave firearms in my vehicle not even when I go to the post office. I guess others feel they must display their beliefs about the 2A the way I do about the police. The problem becomes where does one draw the line . . . which stickers are discreet and which invite retaliation from those who do not agree. I have chosen to be put myself out there in supporting the police and am aware I may be challenged or assaulted, or vandalized as a result. It’s a risk I’m willing to take, and perhaps the same kind of risk those who display firearm decals are willing to assume as well.

Is it any worse than the a-holes who put “I voted for Biden” stickers on their cars?

3 Likes

Happy birthday @Tom16 and God bless you.

1 Like

Does the church pay you or do you volunteer to be on this team?

1 Like

I own a Jeep and I have a boatload of stickers on mine. I can see from all the responses here that I would be considered in the gaudy category! That’s ok with me. I’ll do me and y’all do you. On that note the only way that a weapon goes in my Jeep to the range is either on me or locked in a secure safe on the way there and back home. At no time will it sit by itself. I know I’m gonna get roasted but ok. :man_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

I enjoy my window stickers and get favorable comments from people at stop lights or sidewalks on how clever or how they feel the same as I. I read all these other comments and I wonder what has happened to free speech and Americans with a backbone to say what’s on their mind. Granted, none of the sticker I have, advertised a type of gun, although I make it known I’m a member of the NRA and USCCA along with local gun organizations. I do have a safe bolted into my truck just to go to the local post office or public school to vote and would never dream of leaving my gun in an unlocked vehicle. (That’s just plain stupidity) It just seems to me from what I read on this blog everyone is so afraid to express themselves for fear of what others might think or do. Such a shame

7 Likes

I have an American Flag, US Army Vet sticker, A Damage Control sticker on my car.
DC

3 Likes