vaccine mandate

I guess I still don’t see the distinction- from the ethical guidelines we’ve framed this in- between being forced to take the COVID-19 vaccine as opposed to other vaccines like those for influenza, anthrax, etc. Yes, I understand that the COVID-19 vaccines were new and, at the time, only had an emergency use authorization. But the precedent for mandated vaccination was already there. If my children didn’t have x-y-z vaccines, they couldn’t go to school. If I refused any of the shots in that reception gauntlet, I would have been dismissed from the Army.

If we’re already accepting mandated vaccinations in some instances, what new ethical boundaries did we really change with COVID? It seems like the concern is that it was new and less tested. But that implies that if they had just waiting a few years, it would still be perfectly acceptable to mandate the vaccine.

So are we really discussing an ethical standard of forced vaccinations? Or is the issue at hand really just what the standard should be until we can force people to accept the vaccination?

Unfortunately, it has come to light that there is no proof that the vaccine stops the spread nor that it actually protects you. I’d really like to see the real numbers of how many vaccinated individuals ended up getting Covid anyway. I myself know many.

7 Likes

Good point. I do know many who caught it despite being vaxed, including myself.

I so respect those who chose not to vax, that at a family member’s funeral, I chose not to require it to visit and pay their respects despite not allowing food or beverage, per the law at the time prohibited food and drink if un-vaxed funeral.

Of note, I asked the funeral director if we could CCW, and the director said yes.

Still, I think about, what about those people who are not in good health, do I want to help protect them from catching Corona Virus from me. And should I ever get into poor health, do I want to reduce the effects of Corona Virus onto me. A sacrifice question for us all I guess. Can being vaxed help us be closer to one another physically and socially, like the days pre-pandemic?

CDC:

4 Likes

I find it amazing how quickly people dicount new research about the vaccine. Forv example, a Swedish study found that the mRNA may alter DNA in certain liver cells. The AP quickly came out and said “false”. Among the things said…“because the findings in the lab setting cannot be used to make inferences about what might happen in a human body.” Hmmmm.

4 Likes

Yeah, I found it funny throughout COVID how a bunch of kids could get hired as “fact checkers” and then censor Nobel prize winning scientists if their data didn’t match the accepted narrative. It was full-blown idiocracy; the fools were silencing the wise.

FWIW, I haven’t been one of the folks who complains that CDC guidance changed throughout COVID. I fully expected the guidance to change as we learned more about the virus. Similarly, I expect that we’ll learn more about the various vaccines and therapeutics for COVID. People who cannot accept new data should not be in positions to make decisions.

5 Likes

I was looking at my shot records the other day. spanning 20 + years. I should be good against anything lol :us:

9 Likes

thats what I was thinking when I went to the gulf war (1991). they gave us all kinds of stuff to protect us against nerve poisoning coming from Saddam. So I figure I’m good to go. :+1: :us:

4 Likes

Between the shots I got in the Army and the preservatives in my food, I figure I can’t die.
Instead of life insurance, I’ve been learning the “Thriller” dance.
michael-jackson-dancing

7 Likes

I will say it was way more than a couple pages on mine. :us:

1 Like

Didn’t you watch the news Jan 6. You have a new new president. You need to let it go.

Added another one to the ignore forever group…

3 Likes

I’ve reached the point that nothing is surprising anymore.

3 Likes

no my president is still president Trump. not the potato that was installed FJB/LGB

5 Likes

Charlton Heston is my president.

3 Likes

:joy:thanks for the good laugh today. anyone is better than the potato :fu: :poop: we have in there now

3 Likes

Even FJB stated he was running for Senator and calls “Heels Up” president. Maybe “Heels Up” is who the other is referring to as the current president. :rofl:

4 Likes

just read about this I know of several who had died shortly after getting the shot

5 Likes

More feel-good BS from our “leadership”. Proven wrong when it was determined vaxxed folks w/o symptoms could infect people they’re in contact with.
Before getting data on the science and reality of this virus and treatments, the psychological attempts at brainwashing thrown at us had me losing whatever meager trust I had in our leadership. The indemnity clause was a big obvious red flag. Nowadays I hear they’re on to what, booster 3, 4…I dunno, still trying to kill you without repercussion.
Vitamin D is good for you, as is social contact, so stay inside and isolate, you peons.

6 Likes

@Burdo Pfizer literally new it doesn’t prevent transmission and admitted it to the European Union.

The vax doesn’t do anything and it’s not unlikely the sudden deaths of people in their 30’s and early 40’s is linked.

5 Likes

There’s no grey area here. Either the Constitution is followed, especially when concerning the sanctity of the vote, or it is not. This obvious corrupt and criminal election can not be ignored because then it becomes consent."
THIS ISN’T ABOUT TRUMP!
To be sure there were many agent provocateurs interspersed among “Normal” people at the protest today. The news and casual observers are going on and on about what a travesty and the worst thing that has happened since the Brits took a second crack at us in 1812. You better believe that these were Honest, hard working Americans that spent their own money to get there to participate in a perfect example of American Political Rebellion. Typical middle America, the forgotten people, traditional values, ethics and pride. Their politicians won’t even have town halls when they are home to hear from their constituents, so the constituents have gone to them. Dems have no credibility! Antifa and BLM have spent the majority of last few years running wild under the guise of protesters. Aiding the rioters with Porta Potties, food, water, and pro bono lawyers to take over federal property and destroy private property and individual lives even more than the dems have been able to wreck with their lock downs.
We The People can only be pushed so far! Tired, Struggling, Fed up, Being ignored, watching their beloved country being destroyed. The Precious Process has been so bastardized that there is no faith in our elections. So even if it was Trumpsters, storming the gates it is a perfect example of how gruesome politics should be if people were as passionate as they should be! Politicians SHOULD live in abject terror of the ramifications of not following the oath. Politics was never meant to be this important but the politicians have made themselves indispensable in every minor detail of our lives! This is just the beginning and until the blatant criminal irregularities of the last many elections is cleaned up, we will never have another peaceful transition of power. But that is exactly what politicians want! Our precious elections is the only thing that separates us from every other third world shitholes.
No enemy has done more damage in as short a time as the dems have, in recent years.
In these days, every government agency has an adversarial posture with the populace. Whether it’s the VA, IRS, ATF, FBI, CDC, name it! They are all against you in everything they do.
This ain’t about Trump, we aren’t demanding that the results be flipped. All we want is a clean, honest count of valid ballots and to be left the hell alone!
Clean your guns and count your rounds!

6 Likes