USCCA Tactical Pen

Looking for some reviews and feedback on the tactical pen offered in the store. durability? writing quality? overall thoughts? Is it made in the US? For $10 my guess is that it probably is not. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Maybe you can score the free turkey shirt with a purchase. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::joy:

3 Likes

I tried not too, but I couldn’t help myself.

Most that I’ve seen have the clip that sticks out quite a bit. I couldn’t find any that didn’t. I use this and love it.

Columbia River CRKT Williams Tactical Pen Black TPENWK

3 Likes

These guys are happy with the tactical pen.

Johnnyq60

(Got some goodies from USCCA!)

@Johnnyq60
I have the tactical pen as well. I just figured since it’s primary purpose is for self defense and the pen aspect is so it would not legally be considered a weapon, the ink and roller would be a bit cheap. Man was I wrong! Turns out this is one of the best pens I own.

Johnnyq60
Regular

6d

Brother @Proverbs31.10-31 I love mine also and it writes well. I actually thought about getting another one just in case I lose it or someone gets sticky fingers.

4 Likes

I did not see the USCCA had a tactical pen. I was given a tactical pen for Christmas, and the people I know who have tactical pens were very impressed because it’s a bolt action pen instead of a screw on pen.

The problem with it is that it won’t write consistently for longer than a day and a half or so.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I have never actually looked into a pen, though Amazon has them made of Tungsten. I carry a tactical knife. I have found that if I need to break a window it sometimes means cutting a seat belt and a pen will not do that. Sorry I could not advise on the product you are looking at.

4 Likes

I ordered my tactical pen at the same time as I ordered my tactical flashlight and I have been trying them out and love them both. The pen writes well and that was the intention I wanted it for and in case you did need to break a window to get someone out of a vehicle you have that capability also. The flashlight serves it’s purpose it’s decent, I’m not looking to light up neighborhoods or anything. Most importantly I order them because they have the logo on them. People may ask what the logo stands for and you can draw in members also. I like ordering stuff from the USCCA because it helps support the people that will support you.

5 Likes

@Johnnyq60
Agreed. I would much rather order from the USCCA then ANYONE else! I have never gotten anything of bad quality from them.

3 Likes

@LordDeinonychus @pcloth2
I would strongly recommend the USCCA tactical pen! Like @Cobra quoted I did not expect much out of the pen feature. But, my expectations were far exceeded! Very strong design and it writes very well! I carry it everyday.

3 Likes

Another pro is members get free shipping so what you would be spending on shipping you can spend on more gear😉

3 Likes

You’re going to think I’m bias… but I’m not… ok, maybe a little.:wink:

I’m a total pen snob. I hate bad pens and this one is actually a nice pen with an added bonus of being tactical! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ok so i just don’t get it. Never carried a pen. Is this a suit & tie thing? Women have pens in their purse so useful for them. If they can find it.

3 Likes

Got the seat belt cutter covered.

3 Likes

Many moons ago, a buddy of mine got a fine from fish and game for not having a pen. He was salmon fishing in Puget Sound and wouldn’t have been able to fill in his catch card when he was required to.

I had my license checked by an FGO one time and had forgotten to sign it. The guy threw a wobbly, threatened to haul me to jail and take my gear because it wasn’t a valid license at that point.

Add insult to injury, he wouldn’t even let me use his pen to sign it there on the spot, and made me walk around the lake until I found one. :rofl:

Needless to say, I carry one everywhere, and if not…I have quick access to one. Just in case. :wink:

3 Likes

@David-65
The pen is a form of less lethal self defense. And, as you said is only good if you can find it.
MAKE it part of your body. You would not leave your house without your arm or head would you? (Absolutely NO insult to amputees!) If it is attached to you then it goes with you everywhere! Treat your pen like your favorite item that you always have with you, for most people it is their phone. Clip it to the outside of your purse, in your pocket or on your shirt. So, it is right there! Some buildings and or companies do not allow weapons (guns/knives) so this a good force multiplayer that is not going to violate the law or company policy. As for women carrying a pen or something like pepper spray most of the time they are ether not trained to use it or not mentally prepared to use it so, it ends up being more of a fashion thing.

3 Likes

Haha have to ask Dawn about that…

2 Likes

@David-65
Lol I would not want to meet @Dawn in an alley! She is most definitely not average!

2 Likes

Dawn is a sweet young lady who just happens to know how to take care of herself.
If she asked me to meet in a alley (or any other place) I would not hesitate as I am sure she would not ask me to go anyplace unsafe.

Don

3 Likes