USCCA Still banned in New York? Updates?

Interesting. I guess I don’t think of USCCA as an insurance company, but I can see how an anti-2A state would take that approach. Is there a means for a New York resident to join USCCA as a member without the “pre-paid legal” benefit?

2 Likes

The USCCA is not an Insurance Company. It’s a member driven education organization that has purchased a policy for Self Defence Liability Insurance. Members of the USCCA become “Additional Insured” covered under this policy.

2 Likes

There is no way for a resident of NY, NJ, or WA to be a USCCA member at this time. CCM Subscription only

2 Likes

Wow. I can’t imagine living in a place that gets to dictate who I may and may not associate with.

3 Likes

Washington State is similar to NY. Would like to know any update for WA

2 Likes

No updates in 4 years, since NYS banned it.
No forward movement at all.

2 Likes

I’m afraid the state of New York is doing everything they can to go the other direction

4 Likes

I respectfully disagree, the way that NY State can keep USCCA out of NY is due to its classification as an insurance “provider”. Go to their underwriter and try to purchase a firearm policy from them without belonging to the USCCA; you can’t. You can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig…

2 Likes

Enzo_T is correct, though. USCCA is an association of members and it is focused on training and education, but, there is also the additional benefit of being an additional insured on a self defense liability insurance policy the USCCA purchased (from the Universal Fire and Casualty Insurance Company). And that aspect of membership benefits is the hangup with NY, NJ, and WA.

The insurance company in this is the UFCIC, and Delta Defense as the official service provider of the USCCA is a licensed insurance agency in all 50 states as well

3 Likes

So, to date, nothing is new from USCCA since I originally started this topic.

4 Likes

The states in question have not changed what they do and do not allow

3 Likes

Still in democratic control and getting worse.

4 Likes

I have a good solution, moving to PA on 1/1/2023. Happy New Year!

11 Likes

We need USCCA in NY I don’t understand why more people don’t talk about it. New York has unbelievable gun laws worse then they have ever been in 2023 and they were bad before!! This is a responsible thing to have as a gun owner so If god forbid you have to defend yourself or your family you won’t go bankrupt and potentially go to prison when your innocent but can’t afford legal fees. We live in a state that doesn’t want you to have the best tools to defend yourself. It’s sad .

5 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @gnipainting and God bless you and Happy Easter. Thats why I’m happy I left there brother. I am pretty sure a lot of people in NYC that are responsible gun owners feel exactly the way you do. Keep fighting for it brother and I hope and pray USCCA gets there soon.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @gnipainting

I can think of no legitimate reason for a State to deny a person access to a service like the insurance that the USCCA provides. Especially since the USCCA also potentially covers civil cases. This gives a much better chance for those lodging a civil complaint to actually get some money if the court finds in their favor instead of ultimately receiving little more than a bankruptcy notice.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @gnipainting
Couldn’t agree more, they should be able to cover each state

3 Likes

Yes, NY has unbelievably bad gun laws and they are getting worse. That is kinda why membership isn’t allowed there. And it’s not just USCCA of course that isn’t allowed.

Talk to your elected representatives.

3 Likes

I live in buffalo Wich is significantly less strict then NYC . I have the right to self defense I have a carry permit I don’t understand why uscca is not allowed. It’s unconstitutional to say the least.

2 Likes

Talk to your state representatives they should be able to explain it to you

3 Likes