Insurance is getting outlawed

I just read on Facebook on one of the carry concealed groups they were saying that handgun insurance are getting outlawed in some States I’m going to paste the link here let me know what you guys think about this??

7 Likes

@Rudy1 Good post, Thanks. :wink:

2 Likes

Maine is going a different route by thinking of making it mandatory. I’m 100% for that, provided it’s USCCA they choose.

That said, I hate insurance companies, in 99% of cases, I would rather not have insurance. All insurance companies are basically one criteria away from a pyramid scheme in my mind.

That said, I’m a USCCA member because it’s nothing like any other insurance company out there. They don’t seem like a scam. Seems more like a country club that wants to protect its law abiding members than insurance and I’m pretty sure that’s legal. :wink:

8 Likes

Ur welcome

3 Likes

You all realize what the USCCA does for us is NOT insurance correct? They do not sell insurance and what they provide members should not be thought of as insurance. It is a member benefit IF you are involved in a LEGAL self defense situation.

@Dawn can explain it much better than I can.

10 Likes

Yes I am aware that… if you read the article they’re trying to ban insurance for us gun owners…

3 Likes

The media considers it insurance because they back us up

4 Likes

The media also thinks that an AR15 is an assault rifle…lol

8 Likes

They can always try but won’t succeed.

As you know my friend, USCCA is not ‘insurance’ anyway.

5 Likes

To this point–how many times have you heard USCCA membership referred to as ‘carry insurance’? Words mean things, and we need to be sure we properly describe the organization as a group that provides education, training and legal protection --all focuse on concealed carry and self defense(for starters).
And really cool gun memes thanks to Rocketpak and others.

7 Likes

I don’t know that I have the same opinion on the majority of insurance products. I have been forturnate to have it when I need it to transfer risk–getting my car repaired after an accident, having surgery, getting my roof and house repaired after an ice dam…I’ve found it necessary and valuable.

3 Likes

We are 100% against them making any sort of legal protection or insurance mandatory as it makes it harder for people to carry when they are already struggling to make ends meet.

We should not have to have insurance/legal protection to exercise our Second Amendment rights.

21 Likes

Well we can agree to disagree. You have to have it for a car, right or not, people should be prepared. Hard to make ends meet behind bars, paying for a lawyer or hoping the free one from the state is competent enough is going to be hellacious. Furthermore if you can afford a gun but not the $13 plan, the cheapest plan you guys offer, I think they have bigger problems. I’m broker than broke and I still make sure I don’t miss a payment on my elite plan.

4 Likes

$13 a month is the difference between eating for a week and not eating for a lot of people. And yes, those people face a lot of bigger problems but shouldn’t be stripped of a right because they cannot pay for legal protection or insurance to defend themselves. Punishing someone who is struggling does not help them stop struggling.

The right to bear arms is different than the privilege of getting a driver’s license. One is protected by the US Constitution, the other is not.

19 Likes

$13.00 feeds who for a week? I can’t even get by on $13 dollars for just a pet. Clearly I’m not as frugal as I though. shrugs

2 Likes

I’ve worked with food pantries and those who have used their services in the past. I still volunteer there from time to time.

Some people get in those situations through no fault of their own. And it’s heartbreaking.

12 Likes

My father and mother ran a non profit to help the needy, up here in Maine for about 5 years, I’m aware of their plight. Kudos to you for your selflessness in your community.

5 Likes

In college I ate a lot of 45 cent burritos at Taco Bell, so $13 could feed you for a week easy.

6 Likes

My grocery budget not long ago was $20 a week. Lean times for sure.

@Dawn has it right though. As soon as you make something a requirement to exercise your right, it is no longer a right, but a privilege. I have said that a few times here. Do I believe it is a good idea for people to protect themselves by having a plan like USCCA; absolutely!

10 Likes

I don’t believe that outlawing insurance would/will be allowed by SCOTUS when such a BullSh*t case IS Appealed to it. Sounds very “Unconstitutional” to Me.
Anyone agree ?
Yes I Do pay, Gladly, for USCCA Legal help if needed !

7 Likes