USCCA sticker on my truck gets noticed

I try to use the negative comments as a teaching moment. Calm giving facts are always a good thing.

4 Likes

My wife and I both have stickers on our cars!

3 Likes

And since I’m going to be teaching, I decided to sticker up. In for a penny, in for a pound…
20190504_182627

5 Likes

I am very sorry that my post that you kindly replied to was some what destroyed and badly
edited out. Thank you for your note and reply.

William Smith

6 Likes

It would be good to have some emojis on the platform… :grin::+1::100:… For now I will use what is available on my keyboard app…

2 Likes

Working on a way to use something beyond just the thumbs up for different posts. Until that’s up, the reply option with the different emoji’s will still work :slight_smile: There are a ton of different options:

2 Likes

What corner of the Country are you in - curious, I guess. I live in a very BLUE Minnesota, but only because of the Twin Cities area…where I live, Law enforcement agencies are all for responsibly armed civilians! I understand the “no printing” thing (shoot me first), but if you are getting grief about a USCCA sticker on your door from law enforcement…2A still applies in this man’s USA.

1 Like

I appreciate your request. I live about 20 miles WEST of Jacksonville Florida. (Northern Florida) .
I do not have any grief from some great people in my neighborhood, but they do not desire to
have or own a firearm of any kind, whether its for hunting or self defense. I have my Pastor next
door and his family, I only told him and his wife that I trained, (Class Room, Computer Classes, and
in the Field Training) I was not going to say a word to more people, because of all the fear and
not desiring to take responsibility.

One night I came home and stepped up at the front door to work with the ALARM SYSTEM, and it
being NEW, I set it OFF. It would not shut down, I could not reset in the seconds and finally I was
able to shut down, but I was on the telephone call with police ( SHERIFF ). They sent a call out for
an Officer to make a house call. TESTING ! Good Job. It Works. (Registered Alarm System)

On my front door is my wonderful USCCA Sticker in clear view. I caught questions and the attitude
What, Where, When, Why. I have been with USCCA 3 years now and I carry. I communicate with
people that they need security, safety, and training especially first aid. I encourage to learn all they
can and if they choose not to have a firearm, I sincerely appreciate their time and be respectful
to all. My Pastor and staff have increased security by having Police Officers on duty at proper
dates and times.

See, talking does work and it is a being. USCCA is and has been the TEAM that helped supply
me with Training Videos and Books, plus my big mouth. I enjoy to help, make my friends
and neighbor safe. I am not police or military, just a neighbor that trains, learns, and owns/operates
firearms safely. That material is given to people to increase their safety.

I am a strong supporter for our 2A Rights and I thank you for your message.

Thank You for your time

Sincerely,

William H Smith Jr

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @fiznerpin! I’m with you - I’m not sure why the police would have an issue with someone who is clearly about education and training for their self-defense. Glad to know that @William_H is open to helping educate people what the USCCA is really all about. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am former Security Police, USAF, a hunter/fisherman (emphasis on hunt), and a self proclaimed (and everybody that knows me :laughing: ) gun nut. My background does not give me an official card in my wallet that says “trainer”, but I have brought a son and many, many folks up “through the ranks”…if I actually had a 1-900 number I could retire, with all the long gun/sidearm/reloading questions I get…and then there is the “I’m coming to your house if things go south” ( 8ish sidearms, dozen shotties, dozen carbines/long guns…gun safe size locker full of assembled ammunition…) OK. Now I’m rambling…at the end of the day, I spew “join USCCA” as I am showing folks which end of a pistol to hold and where to stick the magazine. THANK YOU Tim Schmidt.

6 Likes

-thinking also your little problem was not the views of the Sheriffs DEPARTMENT per se, just the views of the small minded deputy that was at your home.

3 Likes

I fully understand. I know my story had more than 2 sentences, but I shared information
to better the answer. You are correct and with full respect, thanks. I have been to
classes with Sheriff Officers ( SWAT Commander ) and Police Officers and you learn so much
and you get your question answered too.

Thank you,

William Smith

1 Like

:+1: I hear you

1 Like

20181001_193321
This is the one I have on my front and back doors plus I have USCCA sticker on my car as well.

4 Likes

Like a good question from a great person. Thank you for being with USSCA.

William Smith

2 Likes

I understand the not wanting to look like a target and not draw attention but sometimes and we’ll never know how often that it can be an effective deterrent also.

4 Likes

Most people ask what soccer team it is.

7 Likes

@Michael, My wife and I just got some new NRA clothing and started wearing them out. Now I live in New Jersey, one of the biggest Anti-Gun States around. Believe it or not, I have heard “That is a nice Jacket, Shirt, etc” and “I have a son in the Boy Scouts who is getting his rifle badge and we need to find a local range. Do you know of any?” and then the conversation goes on from there.

6 Likes

Very much concerned and would spend a little more time to seek
information, if this is wise. I was trained and told 3 times not to
mark any property that I own like this and I care about others as well.
The bad guy does not care because he/she does not have a heart or brains.

Thank you !!!

1 Like