Tucker Carlson on our civil rights being gutted due to Capitol Hill rioting

This is important—

10 Likes

Yep, we must watch less TV.
What do you think will be the charge against the thug who murdered this unarmed harmless woman?

5 Likes

Tucker Carlson is a mouthpiece for the very thing he tries to decry. Our civil rights are not under siege. Nor have they been. And our response cannot be what he says. It won’t work. The woman who died is no more tragic than anyone who died of useless civil violence in all the years prior.

4 Likes

Quick question. Have you been living under a rock? I’m not trying to be rude here. We have been slowly losing our rights for the past 20 years. It’s just been happening faster since Obama was in office.

Us losing our rights starts with the media, the cancel culture, the radical left who calls the right racist bigots.
We can no longer freely say anything without being destroyed on media. If we defend ourselves, we are now murderers.

Don’t be naive, we are losing our rights. After Biden takes office our second amendment rights will be gone as well.

20 Likes

“What do you think will be the charge against the thug who murdered this unarmed harmless woman? “

Probably “Aggressive Jaywalking”

5 Likes

All of us, we all, continue to have the right to speak our minds, to gather together, to worship, or not worship, as we choose, to petition the government, the right to be secure in our homes and in our persons, to make choices about our lives in privacy, to be free from ‘unreasonable’ searches and seizures of our stuff, to be entitled to the same protections under law, to publish our views freely in the press, and to keep and bear arms. I have 15 guns and I don’t see anyone is suggesting any new limitations for me.

No, I haven’t been living under a rock. I have been right here, doing what I do, thinking what I think, posting on blogs or not posting, as the case may be. I have not been exposed to this level of discussion about guns, and legal arguments about guns until I joined USCCA. I didn’t know it would be a political discussion.

Some of what happens here reminds me of the great feminist persecutions, well-off college professors talking about being victims. Well, we here are not victims any more than the feminists are. We are some of the most fortunate and free peoples to ever walk the earth.

Our rights are what they have always been. Yes, they’ve been kicked around some, but they have held.

1 Like

Do you predict it be mandatory our registered firearms will be required to be returned in the future?

That is the extreme… sad thought.

3 Likes

Yes I do. All you have to do is watch any interview with Biden or Kamala Harris and you will see what they’re going to do to our second amendment. They have openly spelled it out. They have not been quiet about wanting to take our guns away and our rights away. After the runoff election they’re going to own both House and Senate. Which means the power will land and stand with the Democrats.

I don’t understand how so many people can be blinded considering the fact that Biden and Kamala have not been quiet about their agenda towards our second amendment rights. Like I said, if they own the house and the Senate and the presidential seat there’s pretty much no stopping them from at least forcing a registration, getting rid of high powered rifles (AR-15s and AR-15 pistols), there’ll be no carrying guns across state lines for sure.

I’m just telling you the facts. Those facts come straight from Kamala Harris and Joe biden’s own words through dozens of interviews over the past 2 years.

8 Likes

To skirt their way around 2A they will use the health department. The Michigan Gov was caught abusing her authority with Covid lockdowns so she said that she would find another way to keep her way going.
Add Red Flag laws on top of Gov Cuomo’s health internment camps, poof!

6 Likes

Food for thought… in recent decades most of society was disintrested in politics and voter turnout was typically very low.
Now, In this environment and once riled up (mostly by polarizing MSM and a polarized leadership) tens/hundreds of thousands descended upon washington and quite frankly achieved what no enemy in history has. They took the capital in a matter if mere minutes. They were veterans/patriots, sons, daughters, mothers, and fathers, - mostly terms now disallowed on the hill (think about that) ■■■■, antifa spent weeks, or months throwing themselves against barriers at a federal court on the left coast without breaching.

Now, if this is the response of a population when they ‘thought’ an election count was compromised (rather it was or not doesnt matter) what do you think the response will be if someone tries to literally take their personal property and means of defense (enshrined as an inalienable right granted by the creator)???

I watched most of the proceedings and much if the MSM coverage from all sides after people took their walk through the capital. Their incredulous behavior and demeanor (combined with not to little showmanship) reminds me that they still have not owned their part in this. So while today’s events may act as a bit of a pressure relief for a short time, the issues are still real and I fear that this is only the beginning from a people pushed to far.

10 Likes

I totally agree with you @Greg35. This is just the beginning.

5 Likes

So when a lone person on the beach gets arrested for not wearing a mask, with no scientific evidence it does any good, or when small businesses are told to close, sending half the nation toward financial ruin and hunger - is that an example of how our rights have always been? I guess so.

6 Likes

No lockdowns or churches closed by the government in your country?

5 Likes

BTW… the next step is not likely to be 2A, unless it is as a distraction and inflammatory action.

Next will be a rewrite/redefinition of hate crimes that further criminalizes traditional values and your humanity itself (masked as truth & reconciliation, gender/morality equality and race measures, etc). Think about it, you wont even be able to discuss it to argue against it on the hill (and eventually in public) as gendered terms are now not allowed in congress.

3 Likes

Let’s not start going down that path.

Ashli Babbitt might disagree with you. Oh, wait. She can’t.

4 Likes

From the forum guidelines: “NO name-calling of anyone in or outside of the Community - including public figures and politicians.”

4 Likes

Systems change… dont get too comfortable or smug…

3 Likes

I would argue that our constitutional rights have been under steady attack at least since 9/11/2001. The patriot act allowed for the illegal surveillance of all of us. Established a 100 mile buffer around our entire boarder where we can be stopped and searched for no reason etc. Then add no knock warrants for minor possible offenses, stop and frisk, civil asset forfeiture by law enforcement without any due process, the cancel culture shutting down free speech through online mob rule, the list goes on and on. We are living in “1984”. I personally feel that the storming of the Capital was repugnant. I don’t believe in the use of violence to intimidate people no matter how just the cause. Most of the people in that chamber are corrupt beyond repair but in this case they were following the process mandated by the Constitution for the peaceful transfer of power which is the cornerstone of democracy. If the mob’s goal was to restore freedom and fairness, they have almost certainly failed. Adopting Antifa tactics will only succeed in loosing the support of the masses and increasing the likelihood of the USA becoming a completely fascist state. Authoritarians love a good crises and we are giving them one.

6 Likes

This has been my biggest concern. I don’t encourage anyone to storm the Capitol, but this will be used to repress opposition. There is one, unchecked party in control, and that always makes me nervous.

If this follows history, they’ll use this to villianize any opposition, which will only fuel opposition. I hope calmer heads prevail, but history is full of examples that spin out of control. And the powers that be are not using calm rhetoric.

3 Likes

This was fun to wake up to…

1 Like