DC Lockdowns

I’m sure we all know by now that DC is on lockdown with approximately 4X as many troops ‘in theater’ as there are in Iraq & Afghanistan combined.

So here is a hypothetical question.

What if all of the fences and troops are not to keep extremists out, but instead are to keep traitors and conspirators in and prevent escape?

Who do they answer to & how does that show end?

9 Likes

Da plane! Da plane! :wink:

8 Likes

That was good… A regular milk out the nose moment…

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

6 Likes

I have no idea what will hapen in DC over the next week, but an unplanned thought popped into my head yesterday. During the event at the Capitol last week, the officers seemed to do nearly nothing to stop the crowd, sometimes seeming to even help them move forward. What would happen if the armed forces approached this the same. They let in the folks who show up there to protest/be heard/whatever other safe constitutional ways to voice their feelings…in. Curious. I would love to see Kamala and Nancy directly answer reasonable questions from their fellow citizens, live.

I’m staying away from all of this, and hoping that no one shoots into the air or through my door with a shotgun (thanks, Joe…) anywhere near me!

8 Likes

They’d better hope Kurt Russell is there to help them escape.
:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

What if anyone showing up to protest gets let in, but doesnt get let out?

On the surface things would appear to be well channelized with numerous areas that could be used for containment… moooo

So many ways this could go…

5 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much about the protesters. It’s the politicians who get stuck in the swamp and never leave.

10 Likes

I think all is safe, until the tanks start rolling down Pennsylvania Ave. welcome to China US

3 Likes

You’re implying that the NG has tanks that aren’t deadlined? :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe a few, lol

2 Likes

Just saw video shot by a couple in an 18 wheeler in a DC area truck stop from last night as a convoy of FULLY ARMED APC’s rolling through the truck stop with armed foot soldiers covering rear and flanks. I counted 6 APCs and could see mounted 50 cals on turrets and M4s w/mags inserted at low ready of foot patrol, but you know some passed before they thought to video it.

They were freaking out.

4 Likes

Don’t show up to any “protest” going on anywhere in the country. Simple and easy to follow instructions.
You’re welcome

8 Likes

I second this.
The 1st Amendment is important, but I see no sense in going out in the cold when you’re expecting trouble.

5 Likes

Biden 03

Biden 04

20 Likes

Yeah just start bending over, perhaps the licking of boots is the new thing[quote=“Ouade5, post:13, topic:46186”]
when you’re expecting trouble.
[/quote]

& why should you expect trouble. Was there trouble for the folks being peaceful outside?

2 Likes

Not implying that at all @David-65, just stating the obvious. Why go looking for trouble? You missed the point of my response.

2 Likes

Hmmmm​:point_up::point_up::point_up::arrow_double_up::arrow_up_small::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:

I’ll delete this if we’re not allowed to talk about it anymore, but have there been any updates on the bombs that were planted the same day the mob entered the Capitol building? That seemed like a big deal to me, but it hardly got any coverage, and I haven’t heard about it since. I don’t know if it’s because they were bombs instead of guns, or if it’s because the loudest voices consider the targets to be acceptable. It’s just odd to me how some stories continue to linger while other significant stories just disappear.

2 Likes

If you would have stated " why look for trouble" perhaps I could have thought different.

2 Likes

The Capital Police chief said in an interview after he resigned that he thinks the pipe bombs that were found right before the perimeter was breached were planted to be discovered to draw police away from the capital. I’ll see if I can dig up a good link, he touched on a lot of topics and pointed fingers at the House & Senate Sergeant At Arms (who both also resigned) for not asking NG to be present or on standby.

2 Likes