Tucker Carlson on our civil rights being gutted due to Capitol Hill rioting

You have a very interesting way of defining that word. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This seems like it is not even the beginning yet. I strongly disagree with the riot at the Capitol Hill. It should have not gotten to that point but here we are. Times are indeed very scary now, with the threat to our 2A rights as well as other rights. It truly is sad this country elected (or stole the election) these “terrorist like” leaders.

If only people would take the time to understand guns, then maybe many minds will change.

2 Likes

Here’s another turd on the table…
Not saying that it’s true, or false, but that you should ask your self who would benefit from the story being told and what the desired end state is for them.

3 Likes

Hey @Michael779 , you dont need to go away. Just stop saying things like the quote above and then going ‘dooooh, I didn’t break any rules’ if you actually intend to communicate and hold a dialog.

3 Likes

That would be Biden/Harris.

4 Likes

And that matters how? You espouse ignorance and bigotry. If you are a member, you are a disgrace to all firearm owners with the attitude you are projecting here. It is amazing you want a government that has made it quite clear you are, as a firearm owner, a persona non grata.

5 Likes

Sounds like a threat. You had better hope you do not have a red flag law in your state.

3 Likes

I see the same things coming up over and over in our forums and others. One big group wants to drive toward the constitution and its related documents. The other group want to alter improve (in their eyes, not a criticism). Both groups think that they are right. They are…opposed.

Combine that with some nameless folks on each side who “won’t give and inch!” and you get what we have. Zero compromise=zero movement/progress. We could have that arguement over and over but what’s the point?

An old friend told me one of my favorite jokes many years ago.

If you put a priest and a rabbi in a room, regardless of how long you leave them in there, at no point will either stand up and yell, “I convert!”

Me? I think that if we could get people to spell and use words properly…we’d have a big win. (including me…) And don’t get me going on using the “like” button instead of posting ANOTHER 2"-4" “I agree” in a forum format. I think that someone better lay down the law. lol

This was a bad look for conservatives. And I think everything they were hoping to accomplish got thrown out the window. Most (all?) of those who were going to object changed their vote. They have given the incoming administration ample ammunition (pun intended) to push for more harassment of conservatives.

1 Like

Isn’t that the same on any topic? Certainly true for firearms. Absolutely true for motorcycles. Much muddier for politicians, as what they “believe” in changes minute to minute, like the new culture we’re building. How is anyone expected to know what right/good are when the rules are being made up all of the time.

1 Like

Pretty much summarizes the post, as well as the content of the character of a poster.

3 Likes

There is a small percentage of people on the right and left that seem to think violence is the solution. That is why large gatherings can be so dangerous. Sometimes it only takes one person to jump of the cliff in order to get the rest to follow before they realize what they are doing. Instead of a few thousand angry protesters in DC, Portland, etc. I would rather see 10s of millions writing their representatives and telling them enough is enough. Then we all need to stop voting for people who keep telling us what we want to here and start voting for people who are willing to tell us what we all need to work on together to get out of this mess.

1 Like

A very good start, to be sure.

1 Like

We have been, and it has not been working.

3 Likes

I can speak only for myself. I don’t think that bloodshed gets us to an answer. I also think that it would put our country in a weakened position for outsiders to take advantage of. We’ve had enough of that already, no?

The bug, from what I hear from folks online and freinds, is that nothing else seems to be working. Folks have been at it for years. Trying to get us back to some kind of normalcy, and we just keep moving away from that. These people, and I suspect many others, think that blood is the only thing that will make a difference. That is sad and I don’t think that is a reasonable path. That so many think so is troubling to say the least.

I was surprised that they hauled everyone off of the floor yesterday instead of leaving them there to talk with their fellow citizens. I would have loved to hear Nancy answer honest questions on live TV.

1 Like

I am not sure if you are being serious, or if you just have not been watching any news for the past year or so? Literally everything in this paragraph is false.

Lockdowns in some states have literally banned gatherings (unless you are rioting for the correct cause), closed churches (several cases went to the supreme court with mixed success), you are only secure in your home until the mob arrives or LEO comes with a no-knock warrant, we havent been free from unreasonable searches since the Patriot Act or in any city/state with “stop & frisk” policies, and we can all speak our minds as long as it’s approved because otherwise cancel-culture is going to get you (altho to be fair that isn’t gubment, thats a [loud] portion of society).

If any of those 15 guns you claim are semi-autos, you better believe they are “suggesting new limitations” for you. Have a look at Biden’s Gun Control plan (on his own website, numerous interviews, and he’s promised to make Beto O’Rourke the head of his gun control), the DNC website, and of course the folks leading the charge which is Bloomberg funded groups like Everytown, Giffords, Mom’s Demand, etc. If you pay attention in the Legal category you will see numerous bills filed over the past few years, some defeated and some not, including an ever expanding definition of “assault weapons” to include semi-autos that are capable of holding more than 10rnds. And in the case of tube-fed like shotguns and lever actions the tube with more than 7rnds is considered an “assault weapon”.

4 Likes

Bolsheviks like show trials, with vicious crowds demanding “justice”, and the “guilty” people apologizing on their knees then sent to repent to a labour camp. But this is America, how will they do it to an entire family of billionaires? Pfft, not going to work!
A more likely scenario, in my mind, is there will be a very loud conglomerate of MAGA news services, likes of Newsmax, and future Trump network, alternative studios, like DeSousa’s. For the next 4 years, there will be daily reminders of the Great Steal. It is not going away. Given the enormity of challenges before the next administration, ranging from Iran to crumbling economy, and the enormity of incompetency in the next administration, any failures will be considered against the background of the Great Steal.
Will be quite a show to watch the next 4 years.

3 Likes

Have not seen the 10s of millions active on a regular bases aside from occasionally coming out to vote for the person who tells them what they want to hear and calling it good. There are always small cores of very vocal people who take action on their personal core cares. From personal observation I believe the vast majority of folks just want to be left alone to live their lives. Few are willing to be active learners or strong supporters of the entire system. That is what allows the small percentage of sociopaths to always rise to power and control things no matter what form of government is chosen.

1 Like

They will just blame Trump for the next few decades. I’m being 100% serious.

I agree this will be the case, but I think this is bad. We are already divided based on which news you hear and that divide will increase as the stories between MSM and MAGA-like media increasingly diverge in their descriptions of reality.

1 Like

They can blame, but it won’t be Trump closing down fracking sites and raising energy prices and telling people not to eat beef, and… and … and…

The alternative is to succumb to the left-wing narrative, because MSM is deranged. People who consume MSM will unfortunately have to hit rock bottom, like an addict, before they start to recover. It will be something like the former Soviet Union, when the Party news tells people all is peachy while they witness a nuclear disaster unfolding.

1 Like