Training with only 50 rounds

Not sure if you’ve all seen this, but I just found it. Lena Miculek going through various exercises and using only 50 rounds of ammo. Thought it was a good routine to use especially with the ammo shortage.

37 Likes

Awesome, could learn all day from her!

4 Likes

I believe the way she holds the gun by the trigger guard helps to reduce recoil and maybe a better grip for her. It is kind of an unorthodox grip but it does not impede her shooting.

3 Likes

Lol I like her… you can tell she is hyperactive, or just nervous. Her body has not stop moving from the beginning. It’s like she is dancing. The way she is breathing I would say she is in fact a bit nervous.
But I like her routine.

2 Likes

and couple of people are not happy about the firearm she is using… :sweat_smile:

1. Her father - face of S&W
  2. @TexasEskimo - face of Glock
    :wink:

Great video anyway… :ok_hand:

8 Likes

I enjoyed it.
Doing more with less ammo is relevant the way things are now :+1:

5 Likes

I was writing down a cheat sheet so I could use it at the range next time. I reduced some of the 2-shot and 5-shot drills and added strong and weak hand exercises.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Good video!

1 Like

That’s the way she is. Enthusiastic and loves to share knowledge. Plus she has a mentor from heaven. Follow them on Youtube, they have some valuable info on firearm related things and entertaining.

1 Like

Awesome drills!! Unfortunately I am in the constraints of an indoor range so would have to modify it some. I currently do a 50 round drill but I do 15 rounds with my primary hand, 15 rounds with my off hand, 10 rounds one handed with primary hand 10 rounds one handed with my off hand. I use a target with 6 individual bullseye targets on it so I put the first 15 in it’s own target the next 15 in the next and both the 10 round one handed sets in a third. This let’s me compared sets. If my wife is with me she uses the other 3 bullseyes to do the same with her gun so we get a little competitive. If she’s not with me I cheat and use her gun to do another 50 round set on the other three targets…ssshhh our secret! I usually run all these at about 7-10 yards. I might see if I can incorporate some of the sequences off this video into my current setup. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @PDA3, I liked it enough I typed out the sequence so I can print it and try it out next trip to the range :+1:

2 Likes

It goes to show how much you can do with 50 rounds. I’m going to start working on something that will suit me using 50 rounds and then will share it once it comes together. I’m sure people will have some great ideas.

2 Likes

I worked on something that would suit me fine with 50 rounds:

1. 5 rounds unsupported weak hand chest area/mid section.
  2. 5 rounds unsupported strong hand chest area/mid section.
  3. 10 rounds supported strong hand chest area/mid section.
  4. 10 rounds supported weak hand chest area/mid section.
  5. 20 rounds unsupported strong hand all head shots. 50 rounds total and practiced 5 techniques. All from 10 yards and 1 target.
3 Likes

really helpful video

1 Like

I like the emphasis given to the gun handling aspect.

1 Like

She also presents a 60 round rifle drills course of fire.

1 Like

Hello. Yes. It is hard to find 9mm. Yesterday I drove to Arkansas to my bank that Louisiana don’t have my bank. I looked up at gun store in Arkansas and found one store and they have plenty of cartridges. I asked them how many boxes do I need to buy. They said take as many as boxes I need. So I bought 8 boxes of 50 each.

2 Likes

I don’t really care what make gun she uses. I think she can make them all shoot good. :wink:

I don’t have a Glock. My son has a Glock 19, but I just don’t care for how it fits in my hands. I have several guns that I try to alternate taking to the range. For CF I shoot my RP9, R51, and Beretta 92G in 9mm, and my R1 in 45. I have one .40 Cal that I very seldom shoot and probably just should sell. About 80% of my shooting is .22 cal just to save money.

1 Like

A very well thought out drill. Since we’re all trying to conserve ammo right now, I would say this drill comes in pretty handy.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother and you are in the right place at the right time, be blessed.