The Warning about a Coronavirus Pandemic

Just a personal opinion here…

It seems to me, that the precautionary steps are more inline with slowing the spread, so as to 1. reduce the number of very sick, high risk patients to numbers that can be handled by medical facilities at anyone time, and 2. slow the rate of spread to give pharmaceutical companies time to develop related treatments and vaccines.

IMO, reduced public attendance, increase personal hygene regimens, and self imposed traveling restrictions seems like a reasonable strategy to slow the spread. Please keep in mind, that many of the deaths were people with lowered immunity who either didn’t receive proper treatment or refused proper treatment. Additionally, many of the people panicking might be those least affected by the virus, and more of a risk as a carrier to infect others with lowered immunity.

Unfortunately, we haven’t gotten much of an overall picture from the media, as they seem to focus on the more morbid, sensationalized, or politicized stories than in informing about the “end game” of the current quarantines, treatment, testing, affects (signs and symptoms), and personal hygene suggestions that might be more helpful to the population as a whole. Where are the PSA’s?

6 Likes

I think I read it can live on surfaces for 9 days

2 Likes

So let me get this right,

THIS YEAR the regular old flu infected 19 MILLION people in the U.S., hospitalized 180,000 and has killed 10,000 people IN THE U.S…

The WuHan flu has infected 1500 and killed 36 in the U.S. as of this morning and the whole frikking world is coming to an end PLEASE!

The numbers will go up for the next 2 weeks then drop down to nothing following that. The life cycle of the virus has already been established in China. Build up for a week spike for 2 weeks and decline there after.

This time in 2 months the world will have forgotten about the Wuhan flu (unless you died from it) and the stock market will hit 30K.

@Jane2 3 days on plastic and stainless steel. 3 hours on copper, 6 hours in an air chamber.

Was your hands, wash your A$$ and don’t let anyone sneeze on you. If you get the flu, drink lots of fluids, pound vitamin C (Personally I prefer getting my vitamin C from Spicy V8 and washing my insides with Vodka), eat chicken noodle soup, get some sunshine and get over it.

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

Again, it is going to impact the economy way more than peoples health.

Disney World closed today. Huge huge hit to revenue. Will they keep paying people?
The trickle down of this business alone is astronomical!

5 Likes

One - I LOVE Disney World and it sucks that it’s closed. :frowning:

Two - the economic impact is going to be huge. All of the people staying home from work/school/travel will have a huge impact on the economy.

6 Likes

Just imagine how the economy would be if it were not in the amazing and great shape it was in at the beginning of this!

FYI: We are watching Disney Cruise Line close, as we vacation with them a lot, watching for HUGE sales for sailing this fall and winter!

5 Likes

Ahem. I take offense to this… :rofl:

5 Likes

Exactly. This flu thing is the least of our worries. Government control is. Can’t take our guns, but they can crash the system. Folks, buy more ammunition.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. I’m not one to stay glued to the news and read the report I did a week or more ago.

2 Likes

That must be awesome that you can OCD like me and listen to the news! That’s the main topic here at home and in our family. (Yes, even some sleep has been lost over it.)

3 Likes

So, today HEB (Like Kroger only Texas owned and with no union) was a mad house from the pictures I was sent. Lines all the way back to the deli and meat departments.

Here in Johnson City, TX the local country grocery store had stocked shelves and not a lot of people shopping. When I went up to cash out at 1 of the 3 cashiers, there was no line at any of them.

They had about a 1/2 shelf of toilet paper, no other shortages.
For some reason when we American’s get the flu we most go to the bathroom a lot or something?!

4 Likes

@Fizbin OoooooMG, Nancy and I went to Aldis today and it was a bit of a madhouse. People rolling out two carts at a time just loaded up. (no big sales going on).
Same on the inside, people getting in each others way and more double carts, all 7 check outs were open, I have never seen that in the 8yrs. I have lived here.
And guess what? All toilet paper and paper toweling shelves were empty. :scream:
I am honestly disappointed in my fellow cheese heads at the panic. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

You and me both, and the government is playing right into all of this causing more panic.

4 Likes

I think this is being overblown to cover-up some nefarious deeds by various governments around the :earth_americas:. For example, my state has had reportedly 130+ deaths this year from the flu but it’s like nobody cares. To my writing of this post, nobody has DIED FROM THE CORONA VIRUS here. So, one must think… :thinking:

What’s really going on? Allegedly, several nations around the :earth_americas: are overwhelmed by debt & the proverbial bubble is about to bust. All I can think about is the trillions of dollars that vanished during 9/11. The art of distraction at work again, perhaps? :v:t5:

4 Likes

The left is definitely trying to gain some advantage from the panic on the back of the people and I am sure china(cap left out on purpose) is trying to deflect and gain any advantage and cover up anything it can.
From here on I will not buy anything made in china even if I have to do without.

5 Likes

The stores here in Florida look like there’s a major hurricane about to make landfall.

In other words, those who have no plan are panicking.

7 Likes

That’s weird,
The best plan is no plan at all. Just stay home and wait. No contact or limited contact with other people, wash the hands.
Once you have water and soap no reason to panic…
Every pandemic comes and goes away, it’s just matter of time.

5 Likes

@DBrogue Happy Birthday! :wink: And many more. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :birthday:

3 Likes

Happy birthday @DBrogue! I hope you have a wonderful day.

3 Likes

I posted this picture at another spot on the community, but think it fits here too.
At lunch yesterday I had some Virus medicine. I only had one dose, but maybe should take a few more every day. Noticed this was “Extra” strength virus medicine. Wonder if this is flying off the shelf too.

4 Likes