The Warning about a Coronavirus Pandemic

Just so there is no confusion, it is NOT really my birthday but rather my 1 year anniversary of being part of and logging into this community everyday.

5 Likes

Well Poooo. Un-Happy Birthday then, and Happy 1yr. Anniversary then. :wink:
Word for the day…DISTURBED:crazy_face:

4 Likes

The City of Austin just banned among other things, church services starting tomorrow! I do not see how a government agency can ban a religious event! Misdemeanor crime punishable by $1,000 fine and 6 months in prison!

Now I’m pissed!

4 Likes

@DBrogue Correction then…happy logon day anniversary! :v:

2 Likes

Just the simple math… church services and religious events gather so many people that chances of Covad-19 spread out are big.
I agree with ban of any kind of people gathering these days. These who want to meet have to think about others, not only themselves.

3 Likes

It should be for the church or attendees to decide not The State.

4 Likes

Oh @Henry4 I’ll hit you back in six months no fuss no muss. The only vacation I have ever taken was to Florida when I was 12. I’ve been working since I was 13. This is another Flu bug just like every other Flu bug that comes out every two to four years. Every now and again we get something REALLY cool like Anthrax which is a BACTERIA!!! People are going to get sick, people are going to get better and unfortunately some will die but you have better odds with the Flu than driving on the roads between 9:00 PM and 4:00AM, just say’n.

Cheers,

Craig6

Edited to fix my Virus / Bacteria faux pas

6 Likes

Are the powers that be unaware that they cannot interfere with the church?

4 Likes

Sometimes The State has to decide if people don’t think correctly.

Do you think people would stop travelling between USA and Europe because it was dangerous for mankind? I don’t think so. Fortunately somebody had balls to shut the flights down.

I’m following pandemic saga in Poland. The Government has shut down schools, theaters, concerts, soccer games, restaurants… everything what could help virus to spread out easily.
Unfortunately for this particular scenario, Polish Church is independent from Government.
Instead of canceling public Masses, Church decided to limit amount of attendees… which actually doesn’t change anything to help to stop epidemic or pandemic.
So… what’s the point? The Government is doing everything what can be done to protect people, and other Institutions are doing opposite things. It’s wrong.

So being here, I’m glad The State decided.

3 Likes

The constitution speaks for itself, I need not.

• freedom of assembly is a First Amendment right guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution. First Amendment right provides that congress shall make no law abridging the right of people peaceably to assemble.*
3 Likes

Here we go again…
I won’t comment it anymore.
If your right to die is more important, please die alone and let the others live.

2 Likes

I need to go get some of this :grimacing:. I don’t think the Dos Equis is working

2 Likes

This is really interesting. I’d imagine in a state of emergency this would be considered a choice made to protect the people. But they could also use excuses like this to take fire arms if they wanted to :thinking:.

I’m okay with this though because it’s purely situational, temporary and rational. I do wonder if it should be left up to the congregation. I am Catholic (I don’t want to discuss religion). Most Diocese have stopped public service, but some haven’t (I question those who haven’t.) People in good faith will go to church even though it is not wise. There is being a martyr for a good cause, and then there is putting yourself and others at risk for no good reason. I am young, if I go to church and get carona, I will be fine after two weeks… but my new born baby 2.5 wk old baby, or if I go visit grandparents… many people at church fit the High Risk category. I go to church EVERY Sunday. I am not a perfect Christian, but at the very least I go to church every Sunday. However, I will not for the safety of my family right now.

Again, I think this is rational decision, but this is something that we should keep an eye on and not take lightly. This is very much like mandatory vaccines. It’s what is better for everyone… but some people don’t want them… but if they don’t get them it effects everyone. Part of being a part of a country is social contract with the expectation of government protection. Very very interesting.

3 Likes

We’ll said, we did not go to church today. It was our choice to make.

New topic, I don’t want us all to get angry with each other. :slight_smile:

The Congressional bill coming forward on this will make all businesses if 500 employees or LESS, pay all there employees there regular salary even if all they want to do is start home because they’re scared. If I could not get any of my employees to come into work and had to pay them, I like the other millions of small businesses will go out of business.

Think about this 2 weeks at 100% and up to 2 months at 2/3rds!!! Out of business!!! Employees who are new and have been hired less than a month do not qualify.

The only solution I see to this to possibly prevent our business from failing is to terminate the entire work force.

A huge hit would be the loss of funds to pay people for not working… What would shutter ist would be no staff. Our business has 2 years of product to deliver, paid in advance. If we can’t produce and deliver that product on the contracted date, it’s over.

4 Likes

I think this Wuhan Flu and Pandalerium is going to cause many more questions than it is going to answer at least in the near future. Is it slight against your faith not to attend church in your “House of Worship”, I don’t think so but then again I have never believed I have to be in a specific place to pray or talk with God. On another thought: My church and many others that I am aware of, Pod Cast the sermons to reach out to house bound/infirmed/debilitated parishioners.

I’m not sure of the specific language of the bill from the House but for the Gov’t to require pay for no work will cause the end result that @Fizbin puts forth unless the Gov’t is going to pay those businesses to be closed.

The same politicians that are moaning about the bluecollar worker are the same ones that speak of the “Supply Chain” as if it is an inanimate object that will keep running w/o people. It doesn’t work that way. Send all your forklift drivers home and see how much product is moved around the country or delivered.

Lots of questions not many answers at the moment.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

I don’t even know how to respond to that… this is crazy. Like most crazy things it happened fast.

1 Like

The medical community is of the belief that China does not accurately report anything. I’m paying attention to Italy.
I don’t believe much written by lay people–they provide opinion, not fact.

3 Likes

Craig, Ebola is a virus.

1 Like

This is what I’ve come to realize. They started telling their people it was planted by Americans to (IF the news I read was factual). If they’re willing to lie about that, they’d certainly lie about how bad it is.

I also wonder if the CDC is anticipating low diagnosis rates in the US. I’ve heard stories of young people with flu like symptoms being tested negative for flu, being told it’s probably carona and sending them home for two weeks quarantine, but since there are limited carona tests they may not be documented as having the illness.

Like it was stated by Craig, more questions than answers and it will probably stay that way. It doesn’t help the media is playing this up bad like they always do. Makes it very difficult to know how to react.

2 Likes

@Aaron25 Ya know, you are correct. Now to figure out what the heck I was thinking of :flushed: :woozy_face:

Anthrax not Ebola

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes