The War Begins in New States; new permitless carry law

I fully understand every word. I stay trained and review and take training classes, I pass the required the
the classes and do the gun classifications tests, but still I do not know everything. I am Grateful for all the courses and training that USCCA, NRA, and PDN; plus that wonderful Situational Awareness Courses, all that you can take. Once more, I do not know it all and it gets rough and costly. The safety and state laws have to be known and best to be followed.

The criminals can careless to follow even the basics and they kill and destroy life’s and themself. Plus
you can not go take a leak without some govenmental agency knowing about what Your Back Ground is and your guns and ammunitions.

Thank you for your words and please stay safe,

Bill

1 Like

BeanCounter, out of curiosity, in what state do you unfortunately live. I’ve never lived there before, and I want to make sure I never do. V/r.

3 Likes

And thank you as well. Stay informed. I highly recommend John Lott. He has been up to his eyeballs in everything to do with firearms and the never ending attacks on our Second’ Amendment for many years. You can find him on line. He has presented much litigation against this continuing treason.

3 Likes

I’ve lived in Colorado for over 50 years. We lost our state in 2010. The “takeover” of my state was to use it as a “test” case by a bunch of far left multimillionaires who bought the “candidate” that ultimately “won” against our handpicked candidate for governor. The big prize for the leftist communists is the state of Texas. The really sickening part (and it’s all sickening) is that our guy was ahead BUT Tom Tancredo, supposedly a “true” Republican rode in on his black horse just before the time period to sign up to run for governor was over. Our guy was unanimously elected at state assembly. Thanks to Tancredo the vote was split and our guy lost to Hickenlooper…another bought and paid for leftist puppet who began the systematic destruction of our once blood red state.
Newsflash…no state is safe…and the lamestream “media” lies through their yellowed teeth.

5 Likes

Has the state had no elections the past 12 years?

1 Like

@BOD
I live in the belly of the beast, Sacramento, DPRK Democratic Republik of Kalifornia.
Northern California is pretty much red and putting up a fight but it’s an uphill battle.
Aso, Bay Area transplants threaten to turn Nor-Cal purple.

1 Like

Yes we have, just like any other state…but we’ve also been glutted with demorats fleeing California, New York and others bringing their ignorance and arrogance into Colorado. Politicians are bought and paid for like yesterday’s stale bread. California that used to be Golden but now is rusted tin has been the worst for ruining our state just like they turned California into a massive dump sight. Libs like a plague of rats have flooded my state like a swarm. I’ve had my own hate following for years as I’m in the probably 6 or 7% that actually try to bring back our state to what it was.

I have no doubt there is a “degree” of lucrative fraud (as was evidenced in our 2010 election) that has caused our demise…as I mentioned in my last dissertation it was a bloody “republican” who threw our state in the 2010 election.
The lib left is like a creeping cancer that gets more and more immune to truth and integrity.

Colorado is my home and has been for over 50 years. As Chief Joseph said when the army surrounded him after he and his people eluded the US Army for over a year…when I take my last breath “I will fight no more forever.”
Forgive me for sounding “dramatic” but I’ve fought this for 30 years. I’m frustrated, tired and fed up with the majority who whine about it but do nothing.

"In the beginning God…

"Despots may plan and armies may march, and the congresses of the nation may seem to think they are adjusting all the affairs of the world, but the mighty men of the earth are only the dust of the chariot wheels of God’s providence."

2 Likes

Colorado used to have a strong libertarian streak that frustrated both the Democrats and Republicans. Does that still exist? I’m not surprised that one party or another wins in Colorado, but it seems unusual that either party should hold on to power for so long.

2 Likes

We have some folks farther up north who’re still fighting to prosecute a county who flat out has been proven to commit fraud in the election. Fraud is so wide spread it’s sickening. I have no doubt it’s rampant in Colorado.
The presidential “election” has been proven to have been flat out crooked. The sad part is that only two news stations had the backbone to show videos taken from polling stations all over the country showing suitcases filled with blank ballots being pulled out after regular poll workers were sent home. Newsmax interviewed many poll workers (some who weren’t for Trump) who signed federal affidavits charging fraud knowing they could go to federal prison if signed fraudulently. One truck driver in an eastern state (can’t recall which one) was told to load his truck with thousands of blank ballots and take them to a neighboring state.
The left are liars, cheats, thieves and everything else to make sure the conservatives are defeated.

In 2010 our group had a candidate for governor that we campaigned. The state assembly was in Loveland and the sports arena was packed with over 4000 attendees. Our candidate won the right to be on the ballot. Sadly one we thought was “one of our own” was a turn coat who signed up to run close to the dead line. As a result the vote was split and our guy lost.
If you’re interested in more detail on how to steal a state, there’s a video “Rocky Mountain Heist” that was put out in 2010 on how we lost our state. The website should still have it available.

"Despots may plan and armies may march, and the congresses of the nation may seem to think they are adjusting all the affairs of the world, but the mighty men of the earth are only the dust of the chariot wheels of God’s providence."

2 Likes

Sorry I am late getting back to you. I live in Florida
That is republicans but has some people that pay people to go their way. Money, but did not say
Bribing people. Not sure and unknown. Our gun laws are very kind to us. Election year ! Governor is doing his best to get laws written and passed for
Constitutional Carry.

2 Likes

In the state of Florida, and there are many differences
and opinions about Constitutional Carry_2A and
permit less carry. Many of Police, Sheriffs, other law Enforcement Leaders have written against our 2A
Rights, please note this that these well trained officers
Need support and they go to the trenches to fight and
stop major problems and guns of many types are
Used to Protect. This is why they are excellent instructors, training at its best. We must respect them
and pray for their safety every day.

Mid April 2022, the Governor of Florida is doing his best to get the votes needed to pass Constitutional Carry and he said he would sign it to law; Florida, State # 25 !

Some of the leaders have condemn the idea of this possibly being law in Florida, that it will cause more
and more Crime and Criminals. As we all have had training through our instructors and teacher, through all the years as Responsible Gun Owners and Carriers, we
must follow the other 10,000 Gun Laws and be the best
and show government / law makers, that we are
The Best. Criminals will never follow the rules, nor do they care.

This is 2022, not the 1800’s and I respect you, we are not irresponsible as blamed by all the people
that reject us and try to remove our Rights. Please
Remember, there are many more Amendments than the 2nd, and they too are in danger of problems .

Peace and safety to everyone, never forget Easter Sunday, the 17th.

1 Like

I truly think that it is arrogance and perceived self importance that drives their thinking. They truly have little if any concern for law-abiding citizens.

3 Likes

The Democrat’s and all the 2nd amendment opposition and gun grabbers act as if this throws all gun laws out the window, it doesn’t. You still have to go through a background check to purchase a firearm and all the laws that make it illegal for many to own a firearm are still in place. The gun grabbers act as if the ok is given for criminals to carry weapons, something they do anyway because, wait for it…THEY ARE CRIMINALS!

3 Likes

Which is the reason they should support our rights, not seek to infringe upon them. Since the 2A was written and passed, we have faced an unending barrage of laws, federal, state and local, that have infringed upon our RKBA. We have seen how this has done nothing, as claimed it would, to prevent criminals using firearms, just as knife laws have done nothing to prevent criminals using knives.

The longer I live, the less benefit I see in laws passed in the name of “[item] control”, from drugs to firearms. These laws are used for control, but not of crime. A knife, firearm, whatever, is not criminal nor evil; it has no intent. The person utilizing the item, rock, stone, brick, knife, firearm, etc., is the one that has the criminal, evil intent. That is what we need to prosecute, not use, or possession, of an object.

2 Likes

Virtually EVERY crime involves an automobile some how, yet, the dumbocrats in all their lack of wisdom have not tried to control or ban those… Newscasters, who use Freedom of the Press and Free Speech, have done more damage to America and caused more hate and deaths than guns, yet, those Constitutional Rights are not infringed upon (because they are in the pockets of said dumbocrats).

Police officers who want to rid me of my firearms and my RIGHT to carry deserve NO respect and I will not support such officers.

2 Likes

One day, if the law makers have there ways, we will not have any rights, wars will continue to rage on, people will continue be injured or be killed.

I seek only to leave encouraging words, but anything
written will be destroyed. We need to support the good people and never return bitterness and hatred.
That mess will never help anyone and a firearm will never stop a problem and I train on several firearms to
Protect and Educate. Criminals do not give a damn.

There are some good people left in this world.

3 Likes

I had only read the title of this post and not the attached article. Then it hit me. With the increase in number of states not requiring permits, I had read someone’s posts months ago which suggested and asked that we look at the results from that, good and bad, transparently, I hope.

Now I think I get it; that with such a law allowing more to carry, the backlash may come from those against it. Kevin M. of the USCCA mentions that in this video. The title of his vid here includes the word “beware”. Leading me to think that each state can react differently.

I think it’s up to us to make our voice heard, and ask our legislators for help, vote accordingly, but at the city, county, and state level also. Never thought I’d be so politically interested, but our rights on these levels or branches, is on the line. For us all, no matter our stance. I’ll try to mitigate areas from being prohibited, that’s my area of most interest. But I also have concerns about “accidents”, and loss or theft of firearms.

2022 anticipations vid:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=kevin+uscca+michalowski+2022+predictions&&view=detail&mid=1386F48D5CF17C6E64251386F48D5CF17C6E6425&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dkevin%2Buscca%2Bmichalowski%2B2022%2Bpredictions%26go%3DSearch%26qs%3Dds%26form%3DQBVR

3 Likes

Thank you, sir, for this video and for your thoughts.

3 Likes

yeah, i’m not so sure about this. This brings to mind 15 years ago i was in a gun store. in comes a guy with a pistol with the muzzle stuck into his back pocket of his loose shorts. seriously, this was an accident just waiting to happen. there is no way he had taken a concealed carry class (unless he slept thru it).

i just think that if this guy had been required to and listened to the instructors, he would have treated the gun appropriately.

there are those that understand the responsibility of carrying, and those that need to be trained. it just seems risky to automatically assume that when someone picks up a gun that they really know what to do. a few hours of a required training class is much better than having some moron make all gun owners look bad.

ok, I’m sure that this post will be controversial, but think it needs to be said.

2 Likes

Thanks mark354.

I find your post refreshing and brave. You’ll be controversial here as you wrote; However, those who are anti-firearm will found you even more so.

I must admit, when I go to the range, I see risky behavior, I do have fears going and bringing my own family with me. I bring my own body armor, just in case I feel the need to wear it for more peace of mind or for my loved one I bring as a guest.

I have on occasion, had to point out behavior to the range personnel. I’m a life long student of safety and try to teach others. Accidents and unsafe behavior does so much harm to our community, that I have to take a stand to improve it.

Kinda surprised the more anti firearm groups have not changed the laws to support more vetting, tests, to weed out some of the careless.

I’ve seen posted a few times someone wrote “You can’t legislate stupid”. What does that tell me? Glad someone else said it first, not me. That line scares me, as it admits stupidity within the greater firearm community. I like to think I belong to that community. However, aren’t all laws really legislating against stupidity? When a law is broken, a mistake was made. If there is a background check, and someone fails to pass it, it was because they made a mistake in their life.

I read a background check checklist. If you meet all the requirements on it, then you have nothing to worry about.

One can even write a proposal on how to evaluate one’s level of knowledge and safety, from someone who has taken several tests for licensures and certifications, borrowing from other disciplines and professions. Kudos to many in this community, as many I hear have so much knowledge, I can tell they are safety intelligent. I’d advocate for making it affordable though, so that it’s more fair and equitable.

Was making one’s state permit-less a good idea? Was it worth it? Or will it end up having states create several more legal restrictions at state, county, and or at city levels - even further prohibiting our right to carry? Pay attention to any such fallout over the next few to several years. If one already had a permit or could have qualified for one, “Should we have left well enough alone”? is that what the primary start-author of this subject meant by “The war begin in the new states”? If so, that’s pretty clever - deep thinking. Glad he said it first, not me. Took me a while to ‘get it’. IDK.

I’m for more reciprocity, more freedoms in stores and businesses, but I’m also always looking for safety and responsibility. I would not ask or put something on someone a requirement I would not put on myself.

I’ll fight for our rights, but one has to know where to draw a line and know limits. Apologies for being too wordy on this one. Food for thought? Healthy debate? No love lost. :nerd_face:

3 Likes