The War Begins in New States; new permitless carry law

I love the police, in general. I was one. But when the police are the only ones with guns there is cause to worry. And none of their rhetoric has been born out any of the other states that have gone this way. Then again, it is Alabama (HA!)…

4 Likes

Well said. Omaha PD and its union just strong armed the legislature to exempt Omaha from the Constitutional Carry bill heading towards passage, yet they cannot come up with any example to support their baseless claims that THEY are in more danger-- never mentioned the public who they deserted during the past riots.

3 Likes

My understanding of his firearms policy statement by the Barbour County Sheriff is that he is short on facts and used the old "I support the second amendment BUT: lie’. The mission of the police is to solve crime and find the perp. You are your own first responder for your safety.

I would like to see a study by a reputable group that investigates the proportion of criminals that don’t use a firearm because of the laws against it.

He is correct that having a permit from your state is a good idea for traveling to many other states, but the easiest solution for that is national reciprocity. Colorado had the other good law, until recently, that made firearm laws consistent everywhere in the state.

2 Likes

Criminals don’t obey the laws and they know it. You’d think they’d work to improve support from like minded people instead of alienating everyone in attempt to appease those that cannot be appeased. I am glad to live where I live and would now never consider living in a blue city or state.

6 Likes

Agreed. One of the ways is for people with like minds to respond to and be open to serving on Juries. I myself am currently on “call in status” for a Jury pool this week. Haven’t been called in yet. But if I am I will serve if selected.

1 Like

I’m the same way. I actively support the police, but I also support citizenship. Generally speaking, I think that anything law enforcement can carry should also be available to citizens, and anything too dangerous for citizens to own should not be carried by law enforcement.

Before anyone tries to pin me down and find holes in that statement, let me make it easy on you. I’m a little inconsistent, and there are holes in my statement. That’s why I said “Generally speaking.”

3 Likes

We are all looking for a way and the only way I know is one fact at a time.

1 Like

It’s disappointing when I walk in at a LGS, see a nice looking handgun and find the little note that says,
“for LE only.”
I’m a 2nd class citizen.

3 Likes

On June 27, 2019, Kentucky’s Constitutional Carry law went in to effect. There was a squalor of those saying it would become the wild west and law enforcement would be put in danger. Just shy of 3 years later, The West is still tamed. There was no significant increase or reduction in crime. The only lasting complaint from law enforcement is that a tool was taken from them when they had probable cause to believe a person was armed and could A) request a permit and B) arrest someone who was carrying without a permit.
Keep in mind, Kentucky has been an Open Carry state for about as long as it has been a state. Police could only make consensual contact with a person carrying a firearm openly unless they had probable cause or reasonable suspicion that the person was prohibited from possessing a firearm. In the old days, you know when the west was still wild, open carry was considered normal and carrying concealed was considered as deceitful and only criminals would carry concealed. Fast forward a couple centuries and the world is afraid to see any type of weapon in public and Karen calls the Popo on anyone she sees or suspects is carrying a weapon.
Constitutional Carry has had relatively little impact on the safety of police officers. And frankly, every officer should approach every person as if they are armed and are armed better than the office happens to be.

11 Likes

Thank you, Mr. Mike for this information. It is needed to know, and this information is like
winning the lottery here in Florida. Communication with people, the nightmares in Washington DC,
and FEAR in many of our communities in Northern Florida. I have almost 6 years of USCCA
seeing the mess from people and I do not like Biden’s problems. Thank you again!

1 Like

When he says “heavily financially supported by special interest groups” he means the FPC and GOA. He failed to mention that the opposing side was more heavily funded by Bloomberg and Moms demand action. He is no supporter of the 2A rights of Alabamians.

I’m proud of our state officials who took their oath of office seriously and supported constitutional carry in our state. As for these sheriff’s, I hope their chair is filled soon by someone who is worthy of the office.

4 Likes

Thank you very much! I love hearing people’s feelings and thoughts, plus learning their opinions. We always face challenges and our home state can be the best and/or the worst place to leave in.

The last of April, our great State of Florida has a great chance to join Open Carry and with great pleasure to not have a license to carry a firearm. Please stay safe
And please do not stop training in Conceal and
Carry of your favorite firearms.

Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

I certainly hope Florida finally realizes what “shall not be infringed” means.

3 Likes

It may be a bit controversial, but. . . I agree that an individual should have the ability to defend themselves, their family and property. No question. The ONLY part that I object to is you MAY have some people that are untrained with a gun, not knowing safety precautions, or in some cases how to even fire the thing. Carrying is a HUGE responsibility. It’s not a matter of pulling out a gun and shooting. You need to know state laws, so you do not end up in jail. Understand that a non-expanding round can go through someone and hit the person behind them, the same affect as a missed shot. The liability aspect is important. When carrying, my temperment is much more mellow, with a tolerance to avoid issues, realizing the responsibility of responsible carrying. YES, people should be allowed to carry, but IMHO, also be aware of the law and personal consequences for doing something stupid.

5 Likes

Thank you for your thoughts and opinions. Well done.

1 Like

I don’t care what you do with the government, it’s all about the money. To get a permit in most cases it’ll cost you close to $100 + and now to renew it’s getting close to $100. Like I said it’s all about the money and in this case loss of revenue.

3 Likes

Very true. When the Arkansas legislature held hearings on going to Constitutional Carry, the Department of Public Safety / State Police testified against it specifically because of the loss of revenue from the fees they collect for the CHCL and ECHCL.

3 Likes

Only $100 to get a permit? Only $100 to renew? I’m in a red state and it was still a couple of hundred to get the permit and every 10 years another $200, it averaged out to less than $100 per year, but fortunately we went Constitutional Carry a few years back. I still get the card though since I travel out of state. Not trying to start an argument, I appreciate you posting and agree with your premise.

2 Likes

In hostile California,
For new applicants: A non-refundable application processing fee of $20.00 and a non-refundable AB1297 fee of $50.00 , for a total non-refundable fee of $70.00 , is required to schedule an interview appointment. The $50.00 AB1297 application fee is a mandatory fee that is imposed by the California state legislature. The $50.00 AB1297 fee will not be refunded once the CCW application has been processed . These fees will be charged even if your application is denied.

4 Likes

When one truly thinks about “permitless or permit carry”…keep in mind only law abiding citizens will go to the bother of taking a certified firearms class, take their certificate of completion to the sheriff’s office, get fingerprinted, photographed, fill out “legal” forms and then “patiently” wait for their concealed “permit” to arrive in the mail. (I have been a certified fire arms instructor for 12 years) CRIMINALS FOR SOME ODD REASON DON’T BOTHER WITH LEGALITIES. The entire “permit” BS is to keep track of YOU. Every firearm you purchase has a paper trail. The leftist communists have for years wanted to force LAW ABIDING CITIZENS to show identification for ammunition…“so far” that hasn’t past the straight face test…yet.
A bit of history: our “justice system” is a complete and utter joke. It has been systematically dismantled over the last 30 years starting with comrade Bill Clinton (the one under who’s regime almost 86 AMERICAN men, women and children were burned to death by…the military, law enforcement, the ATF and a few others. The reason? Supposedly they had “thousand of guns and millions of rounds of ammo.” 51 days of torture and finally a horrible death. OOPS “what guns”?
Understand this folks; it hasn’t a thing to do with your safety and everything to do with their almost bleeding from the eyes mania to disarm you! But not criminals…they are a weak “reason” for the overload of “gun control” bovine excrement…read the histories of multiple nations disarmed in the last 100 years plus. First you’re disarmed, then you either live under their thumb and lap up the crumbs from their tables or you’re “eliminated”.
By the way kiddies, the ATF is compiling a significant data base on every legal gun owner in the nation…I e-mailed them about 2 weeks ago and inquired as to their reasons…surprise…crickets…but then I’m firmly in their hit file no doubt. Pay attention! This has nothing to do with crime.

4 Likes