Tattoos - whatcha got?

After the “is it discrimination” thread about being denied a job due to “visible” tattoos I thought I would start this.

My wife suggested I get some zippers to cover my lower back surgery scars as kind of a joke. It was tough to find an artist who will do zippers!

So my first was to support our local dog and cat rescue.

Then I found a guy who agreed to do zippers but wasn’t thrilled.

Then our yellow lab mix dog got real sick and we had to put him down suddenly due to multiple tumors. We are heartbroken. He was to young at 7. He was larger than life. 70 pounds of pure love. I called him many names but Mr Personality was one. He was a real trip, looney as they come. One of a kind for sure. My Lab Corgi mix is lost without him. The Vet did paw prints the day we had to put him down. My tattoo artist did a drawing of it and I got this yesterday.

10 Likes

8 Likes

I get tattoos as souvineers when I travel. I don’t think I have any photos I can post right now, but I’ll tell you I have a voodoo zombie from New Orleans, a pigeon from Puerto Rico, a Rooster from Grand Cayman, a Jolly Roger from St. Thomas. so many more. I’ll see what I can come up with to post later.

3 Likes

I have an ichthys and the Greek letters “IXOYE” on my right shoulder and my father’s initials in his handwriting on my left chest next to my heart.

More to come.

7 Likes

I have a list of the ones I want to get. A cooking phrase my mom uses in her handwriting (she’s a chef educator), a rose and poppy twisted together for my grandparents… I could go on and on… :wink:

2 Likes

That must have hurt. The one on my back was very painful. I have a surgical scar on my right foot and was thinking of a spool of thread and needle going through the scar. Not sure I can take that pain though.

3 Likes

It was my first tattoo so I didn’t know any better. The worst was the shading in the book and there are some leaves right over the bone on my big toe - that didn’t tickle. :fearful:

And my foot swelled the next few days. Luckily, no one gave me a hard time about going barefoot at work. I was even in a meeting with Tim that week and he noticed the tattoo but didn’t say anything about the lack of shoes. :wink:

9 Likes

None, just plenty of scars. You can buy a box of ammo, several boxes or even a case of same or a new firearm for what people spend on a tattoo.

7 Likes

The paw print cost me 2 Franklins with tip. My last case of 3250 22 LR federal auto match ran me $180 shipped.

3 Likes

And the tattoo lasts longer, right, @Sneezy? :wink: It’s a balance of where you want to put your money.

3 Likes

I think I am getting close to 15 now, and no, I am not doing pictures. All but one very tiny one is visible at work. Since I have to wear a shirt/tie at work anyway, no problem. I have been getting one here and there for over 30 years.

4 Likes

I have a group of roses on my left shoulder that was inspired by my beautiful wife, Karan.
She passed away, 7-22-2016. Many people do not believe in tattoos and it is bad. Try it and
yes it can last a life time. 26 years.

6 Likes

Glad you started this thread. While I don’t have any tattoos, I fully support anyone who chooses to have them. Years ago I had a thing for young people who were wearing hoodies. I just couldn’t stand them. Then during the 2016 presidential campaign I elected to wear a MAGA hat. I was hit with insults, threats, etc. What I learned from that experience is this. In America we have a Constitution which includes the Bill of Rights. The 1st amendment is just as important to me as the 2nd. Freedom of expression is sacred and is to be upheld for everyone.

8 Likes

I was 49 when I got my first, second and third… I don’t know if I will get any others or not. I don’t really want to make SWMBO any more upset.

2 Likes

SWMBO??? In so easily confused.

2 Likes

She Who Must Be Obeyed.

From the novel “She,” written in the 1880s.

4 Likes

Thanks! And I got one of those!

1 Like

You’re welcome - and me, too!

1 Like

I have a tiny 1/2" tattoo on the inside of my right elbow… it marks the spot you have to hit if you want to find a vein to draw blood.

I have tiny slippery veins that dodge when you poke them and I got tired of nurses and phlebotomists poking and digging around, on both arms, before they found one. Now its first time, every time.

Needs refreshing though… next time I get blood drawn I’ll use the spot to go get a new one.

1 Like

SWMBO made me think of HWMNBN … a Harry Potter reference.

2 Likes