Attracting attention

We’ve covered the t shirts, etc that we probably shouldn’t wear in case of an incident that produces legal scrutiny.
But has anyone seen the antenna for your truck/car that looks like a giant bullet? I do believe that is a serious attention grabber. It probably also is an attention grabber for thieves who would grab 'er.
It is sad when law abiding citizens come under more scrutiny than the criminals.

6 Likes

Yeah, my front sight generation t-shirt tends to be worn on range day.

2 Likes

I frequently wear a related shirt as an undershirt. I know it is there & no one can see it to complain about it.

3 Likes

I didn’t know there was such a thing :laughing: had to go look it up

6 Likes

LOL! I was about to do that!

There’s a time and a place for those types of things. On a show/old car that you don’t drive very often (cause we can all afford a show car… :stuck_out_tongue: ) In an area that would find this totally normal - an area known for hunting maybe?

I’m not saying you can’t wear the t-shirts, have the signs or door mats, or trick out your car with stickers/gadgets. You’re completely free to do that. However, everyone in this Community wants to be safe and to help others be safe so we want you to be able weigh the risks and make an informed decision.

How many people are walking around in condition white and will never even notice these things? :thinking:

3 Likes

Many, many more than we might guess.

4 Likes

I was checking out at Home Depot when the cashier asked me if I was a “big gun fan”. My quizzical look told her I didn’t know what she was talking about. She pointed at my black “38 Special Tour” t-shirt. I said you do realize “38 Special” is a band? She said “never heard of them”.

My wife said maybe I should just wear that one around the house – we’ve gotten old enough people don’t recognize our music :grimacing:

8 Likes

I love .38 Special!

2 Likes

Great Band. Silly cashier.

2 Likes

Lives under a rock.

1 Like

Makes me feel REAL old😏

4 Likes

Well, yeah. Their Greatest Hits album was released in 1987…

3 Likes

In all fairness, I couldn’t name 3 groups/performers popular today. I listen to my old MP3s or NPR after turning off most “music” around 1993. lol

3 Likes

In all fairness, take it from an old musician. There’s nothing much to listen to today. Most of the little that is good is covering older hits.
Maybe we’ll see a return to good music.

5 Likes

I find that the new music I like nowadays is stylistically similar to that which I listened to 40-50 years ago.

1 Like

Well there you go.

1 Like

And maybe we need to get loud and proud and wear and display whatever we want where ever we want.
Like VA this week.
Being silent and staying out of sight hasn’t done us much good up to now and lots of hurt.
I don’t think we received a USCCA sticker to put it on our range bag, preaching to the choir.

2 Likes

I don’t consider myself walking around in condition white too often, but a bullet on the hood of a truck with no gun would probably not register to me as anything to notice.

I do wonder if the kids of .38 Special will form a band called .38 Super(b). :grinning: :grinning:

3 Likes

Wow, didn’t expect that much response, at Home Depot or here :grinning:

I was in the “VIP” section on a stop on the 2008 tour:

4 Likes

Well @BRUCE26 We can be loud and proud without giving some prosecutor a free meal. It comes down to appearances many times in court. You won’t have the advantage of the jury containing any gun savvy second ammendment supporters. The chances are that there will be twelve people who have possibly never been near a weapon and are afraid of them…they will remember all the news broadcasts about dangerous assault weapons etc. I fight for the 2A, but I don’t want to be wearing a shirt the prosecutor can wave before the jury saying “See here? He’s one of those hot headed guys just waiting for a chance.” Which of course I am not.
Is it right that I, the law abiding citizen, have to be so careful while the criminal can go about however he wants and do whatever he wants and the jury is not allowed to hear or see of it? No it is not. But we the American people have sat on our voting hands and allowed things to get this way. The snakes are on the ground. Will you shout you have a right and walk right through the middle, or will you be careful so you can protect what you have left and work for more?
I don’t want to invite the snakes to strike me. Cleaning them out will be a big job.

3 Likes