Supporting Law Enforcement

The majority of police officers are very pro Second Amendment. The ones who aren’t are the new breed, more political than police. As you know most police chiefs are appointed by politicians, which means they are politicians too. Rank and file officers are subject to restrictions when they are in uniform or or identifying themselves as the police. For a long time the heads of some police unions were also political and willing to bend to appease anti gun mayors. That is changing as politicians call for defunding police and mandatory vaccinations.

There is an insidious push to demonize Local, State, County police. The push is to give the federal police agencies more power. As we have recently seen with the exception of the Marshalls Service the federal police agencies are all political and mirror political beliefs… The very troubling result of federal consent decrees and defunding police is that most seasoned police are retiring. Those are the guys who were hunters of criminals and hunters for food and sport. There always were these “police families” who were also hunting families…No more…most retiring police officers don’t want their kids to become officers anymore in this environment. The dwindling pool of new police applicants are indoctrinated college kids who couldn’t get hired elsewhere and took the job thinking those old cops were the problem. Those guys who hunted criminals were “implicitly biased” veterans or hunting gun nuts…The new breed of cops see themselves like the Soros prosecutors not willing to go after criminals but more than willing to go after after other cops, and gun owners (especially those gun owners who dare to protect themselves). Old time cops know the truth if the politicians take your guns away, they will try to take away everyone’s. Think Venezuela or unfortunately now Australia or New Zealand….

3 Likes

Pretty sure not so in Louisiana.

1 Like

Someone who buttons up a personal opinion in order to retain their livelihood, I can have some consideration for. :anguished:

Someone who speaks out on a matter of honor or justice at the risk of employment, I treasure. (unless I think their values are criminal :thinking:)

Not every little swipe at the windmill is worth going to the mat over.

3 Likes

Routine in Oregon. No duty to inform. But running a DL will return CCL holder along with other information; running a tag may return the same information for vehicle RO.

Answering a query dishonestly could put one in a jam, so it’s pretty transparent who’s who. I don’t know if that information is usually available from out-of-state.

2 Likes

Duty to inform here, but pretty sure it is not tied to DL or license plates. I will find out Friday, I am curious now.

3 Likes

When applying and getting approved for a CCL including all information, fingerprinting, during the application process all goes into the data base, so running a license plate check may show CCL info cause of same assigned individual pertaining to the plates and DL as being all the same person including ownership of the vehicle.

3 Likes

Yea I don’t think they do in Utah either but I think if the cop asks they will tell them. I’ll have to look that one up.

2 Likes

I firmly believe in supporting all LEO’s and our military. I only have one comment about all this good cop/bad cop; I sincerely believe that if Law Enforcement had been policing themselves, things would not have gotten so bad. Just my two cents worth.

4 Likes

I have said the same thing on various forums and been christened a cop hater.

1 Like

That,s one of the questions answered in- https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/

6 Likes

I believe in speaking the truth, and sometimes it’s hard for people to take. It is a fact that had they been policing themselves,and getting rid of bad cops, a lot of people wouldn’t fear them. I don’t have any sympathy for people who run from law enforcement. If you’ve done nothing wrong, it will all work out.

3 Likes

I am retired from Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department and I am 100% pro 2nd amendment. When I was working I couldn’t say anything that the Sheriff didn’t approve of. You have to be very careful of the politicians (Chiefs, Sheriffs) otherwise you could be looking for a new career.
When I worked the jail and patrol I would come home beat, often working a lot of overtime, especially when I worked 2300 to 0700 and had to be in court at 0900 until 1700. I would lay my gun everywhere. We had two young girls and the department taught us how to keep them safe from the guns. L. A. Sheriff’s dept. has never had any deputies kid accidentally shoot themselves or anyone else. Hope this helps. Tim

8 Likes

@Timothy3483 Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. :us:
Yes it does, thanks. :+1:

4 Likes

How much did your GunVault cost you to purchase and install?

Do you believe that most families may not have sufficient disposable income, to follow your example?

In other words, only well healed folks should own a firearm and rely upon it to defend themselves and their loved ones.

That sounds a bit preachy to me. Maybe just a bit financially elitist.

What happens to the person who buys, say a used Taurus, because that is what they can afford? How much additional money will be required of them, to purchase the same kind of security system that you have?

Government overreach is ALWAYS a bad idea. i.e. Weimar Republic. It took 2 election cycles to leave everyone in the entire country vulnerable to the Nazi Party to begin confiscating personal firearms, which had been registered, by law. All in the name of “safety.”

“Those who give up their freedoms for safety, desire neither one.”
Ben Franklin.

You don’t believe that the Liberals in this country want to de-fang the American citizenry, so they can control you and me? If you believe that won’t happen, do you want to take the chance? The line in the sand was drawn in 1793. Why do you suppose that the Liberals want to oliterate that line? It absolutely is NOT for your safety.

How many people, died at the hand of their own goverment, in the 20th Century? Do a little research. You’ll be astonished.

Teach your children, the way the vast majority of us were taught at age 8 or 9. Firearms are tools. Tools for hunting to put meat on the table, for self protection and for the retention of your freedom.

3 Likes

I did not know it was linked to the drivers license. It is not linked to the license plate though. (as far as the Sheriff deputies in one parish, can’t speak to other agencies, like the state police, who issue the permits.)

2 Likes

I see you have a duty to inform also. WI has neither. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, we do. I think that is a good idea. All the interactions I have had with the police went very smooth, they pretty much said just keep it holstered.

I can certainly see potential for a problem if they noticed the gun on their own.

2 Likes

I love all first responders! LEO, EMS, Fire! All the best of us. Everyday heroes. Leadership is the key. With bad leadership a country can end up with gestapo.

3 Likes

Only well-heeled folks should own an underground bunker filled with $5000 guns. If I can’t afford that, I need to do something else. I don’t think @Tim.D_USCCA was suggesting everybody needs what he has — he described his solution, and he likes it.

If I could only afford a used Taurus, I would not aspire to Tim’s solution right away. I’d get a decent holster* when I could get $40 ahead, keep the gun on me whenever I could, and near me whenever I couldn’t. If you have kids, that’s another thing to figure out. I think most gun shops and police departments will give you a usable gun lock if cost is an obstacle.

You can buy all kinds of crap if you’re rich; you can’t if you’re poor. That’s capitalism — somewhat elitist, or at least stratified, it’s what we’ve got. As far as the political sermon… :roll_eyes: Some liberals will try to help you out, anyway.

*previously Concealment Express — works for me.

1 Like

New info, dispatch does not get info on CHL holders on a drivers license check. Again, my information is the Sheriff’s dept in one parish. No clue on other parishes and agencies.

2 Likes