Ralph Friedman piece (CCM July 2021)

I was disappointed , although not surprised, to read that former detective Friedman only approves on non-LEO firearm carry if said citizens have been licensed and investigated by the police.

Sigh.

I’ll guess that he doesn’t cotton to the 20 permit less carry states.

3 Likes

@RicktheBear Welcome to the forums! Yeah I caught that too.

Yeah big surprise… what would you expect from New York.

5 Likes

Thanks, Kid.

1 Like

@RicktheBear Welcome, I would have thought a pic of a Bear :bear:. :thinking:

2 Likes

Welcome, hmmm oddest bear I’ve ever seen. Cute though…

2 Likes

Can you really blame him for feeling that way? Look at what his career involved. I’m not going to down him for his feelings on the subject. His story is quite impressive when you read into it.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @RicktheBear

1 Like

@RicktheBear >>> Rick, what’s up for Saturday & Sunday :question:

2 Likes

Not much. Why do you ssk?

1 Like

One one hand, given the NYC environment where very few non-LEOs have permits, I can understand his perspective. And, being retired LEO, he is still part of the Only Ones who can carry anywhere.

I would have hoped that his perspective has adapted to most of the rest of the country, especially with now 20 states being permit-less carry, and realized that police shouldn’t be the gatekeepers of who can and can’t carry.

As an aside, I have his book and disliked the tone. While he had a very impressive career, his stories seem to brag a bit much for me. In contrast, Jim Cirillo’s books have more of a humble tone. Just sayin’.

2 Likes

I don’t know why I picked a kitten instead of a bear cub. I’ll have to fix that. :smirk:

3 Likes

BS! The Constitution does not define which environment you live in. This guy is nothing more than another bully cop. NY Leftist. Well meaning, is not in our Constitutional protections.

2 Likes

I’m so glad I’m not the only one that picked this up. Responsible gun owner is the new key word for obedience!
Even the USCCA is in on it.
So, the poor, undereducated irresponsible guy/gal doesn’t get open and free 2nd Ammendment protection?
The point of the 2nd Ammendment is full and free protection. Not bound by Government overwatch.
I’m for one disagree with any law that even speaks of inhibiting that right.
The whole point is to allow free portion, no matter what. The non gun owner takes that on him or herself. They are the ones crying about gun control. And the Government is using those tears to their advantage.
Ralph is a tyrant!

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Scott355

While I mostly agree with the point I think you are trying to make, No I don’t think that irresponsible gun owners deserve to have their rights protected. If a gun owner proves beyond a reasonable doubt that they are a danger to others through reckless and criminal actions then I have no problem with them losing their rights. If a person’s actions pose a direct and immediate threat to others, those others have rights as well.

2 Likes

You know why you chose the kitty. You liked it . keep it. Take a stand for kitten lovers everywhere.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family @RicktheBear and you are blessed to be here.

I also retired from the same LE Agency NYPD but this gentleman was before my time and although I didn’t read his book I read the article in the July issue of CCM. He had an impressive career and was highly decorated. I am a firm 2nd amendment supporter and I feel that even though you are a civilian and don’t come from a law enforcement background, if you can legally carry a firearm then you should. We all have that God given right.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Scott355 and you are in the right place at the right time.

Thank you.

1 Like