Gun friendly Sheriff

Wondering how many people know where their local Sheriff department and or Local PD stands on enforcing questionable policies.

This is not meant to trash LEO or political parties.

It is simply meant to draw peoples attention to their local politics and if they aren’t sure then take a moment and educate yourself. Local politics is where we can have and feel the most influence.

10 Likes

What’s the best way to find out where they stand? Is it just call up and ask to speak to a deputy or the sheriff directly and just ask?

5 Likes

Every year during the Sturgis rally they have a gun raffle. They have a booth on main street across from where they do the burn-out contest. I’d say we have a pretty cool Sheriff’s dept.

5 Likes

Mine has been pretty vocal about it. But if you can’t find anything on their website or social media, I would just send an email asking where they stand on the issues concerning you.

7 Likes

My county sheriff says “if you see a LEO under fire and you carry. Then it’s your duty to help.” he said “Just as you see a fire along side of the road, you better call 911 and try to put it out.”

8 Likes

In Shawano Co. WI. our Sheriff is Pro 2A. Nancy thinks our Police Chief is more liberal but he hasn’t come out
as an anti so far, she knows both thru the Republicans Women’s Club. :+1:

6 Likes

I would think we could have used the chief LEO sign off on class 3 weapons as a litmus, but that went away in 2016 (I think).

3 Likes

Two thumbs up for Sacramento Sheriff Scott Jones!
:+1:t3::+1:t3::us:

4 Likes

This is also where tyrants usually start their careers. Not everyone has an aunt like Nancy.

4 Likes

There’s some obvious truth to that. But I would challenge that, we as the people have failed to uphold our side of this.

Myself I have never been involved in local politics, the mayor could have walked right by me and I wouldn’t have known who he was or what he stood for. It may be too late but this attitude has changed. I have to own that I haven’t done my part to hold elected officials responsible. I also know I’m not the only one. My post was to draw attention to an elected position that will directly affect people’s rights and civil liberties. Hopefully that starts people down a path of researching their own elected officials and find how they stand on issues they are concerned about

5 Likes

Big shout out to Sheriff Bartoni, of Franklin County Illinois. Not only is he a pro 2A supporter, he is a Constitutional supporter. When our governor started issuing unConstitutional rules for the Kung Flu (C-19), he issued a statement saying his office would not be enforcing the non-Constitutional rules. He has a good relationship with the community. He sends his officers to the local gun stores to get duty guns, and equipment for the department. He’ll continue to have my vote for Sheriff for quite some time.

4 Likes

In my county we went from a capable, law and order, gun-friendly sheriff to a liberal BLM supporter. The new sheriff used the COVID scenario to stop processing CCW licenses and pistol purchase permits, then when a court ordered him to do his job correctly, he started “slow walking” everything.

No respect for his office or his oath to support and defend the Constitution.

4 Likes

I emailed my sheriff and he absolutely says he will defend the 2nd amendment, he is against red flag laws, and he is against gun buy back programs. He also says he expects his deputies to follow the same rules.

2 Likes

Our Sheriff here in Orange county, CA is very pro gun and has stated that he has no intention of wasting tax money going around enforcing lock downs or mask mandates.

2 Likes

I wasn’t liking your comment as it is written because of how your sheriff feels. I like you knew or at least found out.

3 Likes

Sheriff here is very pro 2A but he’s term limited and done in 2 years, the area has turned very blue over the last few years so who knows where we might end up.

1 Like

I live in a blue county where the sheriff has very little authority and the police chief answers only to the mayor. I expect that any new gun regulations will be vigorously enforced.

I’m keeping an eye out on other counties and states. We know that nullification isn’t allowed, and we know that secession leads to war. But what we learned in 2020 is that autonomous zones are perfectly fine, so I expect we’ll see some 2A sanctuaries pop up in 2021. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I live in a very democratic city and state. However our sheriff has voiced his opinion that he will not violate the constitution and he is catching a lot of flack for it. Our city police were investigated by the DOJ years back and it has turned most of them into less effective LE. i still back the blue but I know if anything happens the sheriff has my back. Way to go Sheriff Manny

1 Like

I thank the Lord that I have a 2A sheriff, living in a 2A county is nice also. I never thought I would be happy living in the desert.

2 Likes

Unfortunately our sheriff’s office changed hands last election. A long-term professional lawman was defeated (after falsely being labelled “racist” because he enforced immigration laws) by a progressive, liberal, social activist who is soft on criminals and crime. Including letting rioters go unchecked right outside his headquarters.