Stupid TV/Movie Gun Stuff

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: yes!

I have seen so many bad TV productions and even movies were they use hidden propane tanks (I’ve seen the hoses) to create the illusion of automatic fire. How much does a movie budget need to be to use actual blanks?

1 Like

Those bright yellow BFAs would ruin the movie like they do Army photos. :grin:

1 Like

Hey Jeff; I watch several gun/action shows and I am too astounded how accurate the FBI, etc, agents are with their Glocks at more than 25 yds. and the bad guys are shooting auto 7.62 or something similar. It also amazes me how many bullets some of these guns have. I think I counted one FBI agent shooting at least 30 rounds without reloading or slamming in a new magazine. But what the hey, watch a good old Western: they never seem to run out of bullets! All in all you just have to enjoy it as entertainment. You can’t get too upset with Hollywood because you can’t fix STUPID!.. Have a great day and just grin and bear it! Also how fast can you reload a muzzle loader? Some Civil War scenes seem that they have auto loading rifles. HA!

4 Likes

Maybe we can get the Biden “administration” to go after bad guys and movie guys first…

1 Like

she’s still hot.Check her as the Good Witch on the Hallmark Channel.

2 Likes

As someone who lives in the area now and did when the series was filled, JAG’s locations that displayed on the screen briefly were wildly inaccurate. There is nothing that looks like JAG HQ in Falls Church, VA. A scene purportedly in Crystal City showed brick corporate buildings way back behind grassy tree lined fields, instead of high rise office buildings hugging highways and metros. But none of that has anything to do with stupid movie/TV gun stuffs, so I’ll go away and be quiet now.

2 Likes

Except to say that I watched the show for Catherine Bell, not because it accurately represented my environs.

4 Likes

How about Lethal Weapon 3? An armor peircing round goes through the bucket of a bulldozer, through the radiator, through the engine block and through the criminal trying to run down Mel Gibson, and that is out of the barrel of a Beretta 92. I have never fired an AP round, but a working knowledge of simple physics tells me that is quite impossible.

3 Likes

The Walking Dead has had some hilarious innacuracies. Andrea easily carries 100’s of rounds of shotgun shells, pistol and rifle ammo in a duffle bag as though it is as light as a feather as she runs from Herschel’s farm…

3 Likes

The Beretta 92 has a long storied history in Hollywood. Let us not forget Nakotomi Plaza!

1 Like

Still hot for sure. Will have to check that out! :heart_eyes:

Not an accurate depiction of many things. Stick around!!!

Interestingly enough their was a book that the movie Die Hard was based on. The book hero John McClane carried a Browning Hi Power. I prefer the Hi Power to the Beretta , thinner and better grip angle.

1 Like

My question is, where are they all getting that ammo because, I sure am having trouble finding it and there is no end of the world zombies and crumbled antistructure going on. I think!

3 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::heart_eyes::joy::rofl:

@Todd30
Just before I lost interest in The Walking Dead, they got one thing right: ammo production in the apocalypse.

1 Like

I only made it to season 2 or 3, but I started losing interest when I saw the never-ending supply of (product placement) new cars, gasoline, and ammunition.

3 Likes

In all of Clint Eastwood westerns, the bullet shot thru the hat in the air makes a ricochet noise and lifts the hat straight up and ready for the next several shots.

3 Likes

Ya’ gotta love those old spaghetti westerns. I remember one where a guy in the saloon was wearing a green baseball cap.

1 Like