Smith & Wesson Connoisseur's, Anyone Else?

I have been shooting S&W’s most of my life. My wonderful wife and I started collecting, we both carry them. The 36 is my daily, the EZ .380 is hers. We also acquired a M&P AR 15 Sport II. The lone sheep is my FNX-9, my duty for armed work. Great kids!

8 Likes

My only S&Ws are my MP-15, similar to yours, and my tac pens. I love the brand, though. They know I’m a sucker for advertising; they’re always sending me ads for things I don’t need but must buy anyway.

2 Likes

I have a full size 9mm m&p and a 9 mm shield 2.0

2 Likes

My only S&W is a 1942 Victory model revolver. I have always found S&W to have too many moving parts to complete the desired mission . That being said would not turn down a S&W M-1917 in 45ACP with all the military markings.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

I have a few. Three of my favorites are my custom built, slim barreled .44 mags (4" Stainless-middle, 6" Blue-bottom) and my scoped 624 .44 Special-below. I also have a few of their 1950s K frame .22 and they are just amazing revolvers.

7 Likes

My main carry is a Sig, but I do have a little S&W Model 642 that I love.

2 Likes

My own “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Indiana Jones revolver. Except for a slightly different front sight this is an almost identical twin of the gun Dr. Jones used in the famous sword fight scene. The original is up for sale for a cool $5,000,000 and just like the original movie gun this gun was first chambered in .455 and has British proof marks and was later converted to function with half/full moon clips and to chamber.45acp ammo.

7 Likes

I think that I have one of each in the semi auto

2 Likes

Did someone say Smith & Wesson? I have a few.

Here are a passel of S&W Model 1’s from my collection. These are all early Model 1’s, with the oldest being at the front left.

Mike

15 Likes

Nice, I am looking at a S&W 1911 myself. Cheers!

1 Like

Beautiful pieces!

2 Likes

It was a Friday night, in a movie theatre on Menaul Blvd, Montgomery Plaza. In Albuquerque NM, first date with a young woman I wanted to go out with in H.S. I remember that movie, and she and I are still friends today. Thanks for the memories, and very special find.

2 Likes

Holy Crap! Very sweet… I am always amazed at how small they are, along with the fighting history behind them. Especially the ever swirling myth whether Wyatt Earp used a S&W or a Colt at the OK Corral.

1 Like

The Model 1 is indeed a tiny gun. A miracle they were in such demand for the 25 years they were manufactured!

1 Like

You’re most welcome! When I left the movie theater that night I was convinced I’d just watched the best movie ever! And when I saw that big cannon in Dr. Jones hands I knew some day I’d have that gun. It took a few years before I made it happen. Funny enough the gun was not the most difficult part. Those grips are scarcer than chicken lips! Their probably worth more than the revolver.

This picture is from the Gunbroker listing for the original gun.

1 Like

@Christopher184 not a 1911 a 1917 DA Revolver like this one on Gunsinternational

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

Looks pretty pristine from that shot.

1 Like

I’m fond of a M-640 no dash for EDC and a M-41 for target shooting fun

2 Likes

Nice pieces of hardware and nice collection and I am an M&P fan myself. :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

I am also a Smith&Wesson Connoisseur

3 Likes