Smith & Wesson Connoisseur's, Anyone Else?

A Bodyguard, a version 1.0 Shield 9mm, a 380 Shield EZ, and an M&P 9c, which was the very first semi-auto I purchased, back in 2015. Currently got my eyes on a Shield 9mm EZ. The new Shield Plus has my attention also, but at 74, I’m noticing just a little reduced hand strength. The 380 EZ is a joy, and has become my EDC here in NW Arkansas. The 9mm EZ would be just for the fun of adding to the collection, not because I feel the 380 is inadequate, Far from it. The 9EZ would be just easier to load and rack.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family @Skypilot and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

I’m definitely a big fan of S&W.
M&P Shield 9 (1.0)
M&P-15
M&P-10

Really like every one of them. The right gun for the right purpose, and all at prices that don’t go crazy.

2 Likes

2 each M&P 15 Sports, both 5.56 NATO
M&P 15 pistol, 5.56 NATO
M&P Compact (EDC), .45 ACP
M&P Shield (beach weather EDC), 9mm
Model 638 (EDC ankle), .38 +P
PC SW1911 (former EDC), .45 ACP, 5" stainless

Sadly, all were lost in that boating accident…

4 Likes

So is the wife! Thank God… LOL

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

Well said!

1 Like

:pleading_face:

1 Like

I’m looking forward to handling an EZ. I have heard nothing but good things about the design.

3 Likes

I’m an M&P guy, got a few :grin:. Great guns!

2 Likes

Welcome SkyPilot from Alma.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if a double stack is being worked on?
Year after I bought my shield that damn plus came out.

1 Like

@larry84, thanks for the greeting, and right back atcha! I’m up here near Bentonville, and when I travel to Memphis, or points east, I make my ritual stop at McDonalds and Valero, at exit 13, there on the I-44. Have a safe weekend ahead.

2 Likes

Here is an invite, next time you plan on passing through give a shout. A small, but dedicated group of “Old Men” will be glad to have you stop by for a cup of coffee.

Larry

1 Like

That sure is kindly. The hips have cut down on the driving trips, especially of any distance. Driving has become tougher for this “old man” here. However, meeting up with kindred spirits in Arkansas is a hopeful thing. I’ll buy the first round of “Senior Coffees”.

Lon

2 Likes

Performance Center we have is a smooth operator. All I have heard are great things.

1 Like

I’m a S&W fan also. Have a 9mm M&P, 9mm Performance Center Shield, a 380 EZ and a 642 revolver. Love them all.

3 Likes

I don’t like it. They had a really bad recall on some of the hammers cracking.

That doesn’t mean it’s not good though. I prefer the more standard M&P design.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @Richard621 and you are in the right place at the right time. Go USCCA and go M&P.

1 Like

Good value in S&W, IMO, and I love the history, anyway. Have a Bodyguard (for the hottest part of Arkansas summers), a M&P 9c, a Shield 380 EZ, and just added a new Shield Plus, which replaced a Shield 1.0 version. The two Shields are my EDC, and I trade off between them as the mood strikes me. The 9c is my night and Zombie defense weapon, for which I have 5 OEM 12 round mags and 4 OEM 17 round mags.

3 Likes