Signs You're Getting Old - Or Older

That’s how we got our fiber in our diet back then

4 Likes

…and you could use that paper to re roll the bubble gum cigarette butts into another cigarette :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Just kidding… I’m on a roll tonight :clown_face:

5 Likes

Getting home from the boat Sunday night in time to watch Marlon Perkins “Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom” followed by “the Wonderful World of Disney”.
Weekdays…Adams Family, Munsters, My Favorite Martian, Mr. Ed the talking horse, McHales Navy, Gilligan’s Island, Lost in Space, Hogan’s Heros…

5 Likes

I’ll never forget the episode of Wild Kingdom where Marlon had Stan (poor Stan ) jump out of a helo to land on the back of a water buffalo I think it was, stampeded herd, big horns, a ton apiece…anyways, Stan missed, hits the ground, and Marlon just tsk tsks …

5 Likes

Innovation at its finest :sunglasses:

4 Likes

… I’ll stand here while my faithful assistant Jim feeds whole chickens to the alligators circling our air boat wearing a pair of hip waders in the swamp … Marlon must have been one hell of a guy to work with!

4 Likes

Oh man, you’re killing me. Perfect rendition of the worst boss ever.
Jim…not Stan. Guess that’s another sign of…uh…you know…the thing.

5 Likes

You and my completely losing it … there was a Stan too … Stan Brock

4 Likes

That’s what we have MeTV for these days … set the DVR to record and watch later at your convenience; a blend of old and new technology

4 Likes

I’ll take your word on that, seeing as my typing finger is getting sore.
Crazy, seeing kids converse in monosyllables, but text 100 words a minute.

4 Likes

I watch Pluto from time to time, they seem to have channels dedicated to certain old shows. DVR…bwahahahah…I have a DVD, bought about 12 years ago, used it once or twice. Got a 5 head stereo vhs, from back when I was jiggy wid it, and listen to everything through my 35 year old Bose 6.2’s.
Just got new hearing aids, pretty deaf in the right ear…and I’m back, baby, listening to BOTH speakers!

3 Likes

DVD … Yup, still got one; pitched the VHS a while back. I remember having to move eight boxes of VHS tapes every time I relocated, but those days are gone.

Both speakers … Here’s to Pink Floyd, Foghat and Molly Hatchet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

The first Bose speakers I ever saw/heard were 800(s) at an outdoor concert. I have to admit I was throughly surprised by their performance :+1:

Edit: Probably mid 70’s timeframe

4 Likes

Remembering my grandfather and uncle had an 8 track player in the house. And we watched movies on a real-to-real with a projector.

7 Likes

We used reel to reel and hi-fi stereo vhs for recording music. Top shelf, something digital doesn’t seem to cover as well…but I can put 100 albums on an SD card, something analog can’t quite accomplish :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Craziest thing with my 6.2’s was listening to the General Lee’s seats squeaking during a chase scene. Those speakers have held up better than my ears. #Ramonesfault :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

MATTM-A little reprieve today at the track.

Yeah, I do that once/twice per week. Then I hear my wife say.
“breakfast is ready”, :thinking:

4 Likes

I have 3 mugs of coffee, no food. Trust me, it makes it a lot easier to get motivated :grimacing:

2 Likes

MATTM-A little reprieve today at the track.
Yeah, I do that once/twice per week. Then I hear my wife say.
“breakfast is ready”, :thinking:

Sorry MATTM- Actually, I should have said, when I heard my wife say “Breakfast is ready”, at that point, that’s when I woke -up.
j@r

3 Likes

Lol. I’m going to tell your wife to just brew some coffee for your breakfast from now on :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. We’ll make a masochist out of you, no problem.

2 Likes