Signs You're Getting Old - Or Older

I noticed that when I run to catch up with someone, I’m not moving much faster that when I was walking fast

3 Likes

Every time I hear the opening lines to Steppenwolf Magic Carpet Ride I envision him sitting in front of a pair of Klipsch corner horns “I like to dream/ Yes-yes, right between my sound machine” "The lyrics were about how great my new stereo sounded."

3 Likes

3 Likes

I remember being the remote and only having three channels. Every time dad wanted the channel changed I would have to get up and change it!

4 Likes

Yup, we had channels 3, 8, and 30. Neighbors had a color TV. I never saw it on, but the thing had to have been 4’ deep.
Felt that getting older thing at the track today. Slow and weak , felt like I put on 20 pounds since the last time I weighed myself (January), and turns out I lost 10 pounds.

3 Likes

I remember when this was my 65" tv

And now it’s this

2 Likes

First sign: Reading glasses.
Second sign: Where the heck did I leave my reading glasses???

7 Likes

… back when size was proportionate to hearing loss!

4 Likes

… and that 65 inch TV lived in the basement … everyone knew you owned it and never returned your calls when you asked for help to put it out at the curb :wink:

3 Likes

You reminded me that I would go into a gas station and say: Put in 50 cents of gas, check the oil and wash the windshield.

3 Likes

Lol!! That’s spot on.

3 Likes

I had a 52" version that weighed 350 pounds! I got lucky and some poor guy paid me $50 to let him load it up and take it home. It reminds me of the 2 best days of boat ownership :rofl:

5 Likes

I had something to contribute here regarding the signs that I am getting older … but now I forget what it was.

I’m sure something will come back to me. Oh well.

Stay safe out there.

5 Likes

Try to think harder and recall this “something” right now … it’s not gonna be better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wait… what is this about? :thinking:

4 Likes

6 Likes

I watched Queen Elizabeth II’s coronation on television and now that was almost 70 years ago…she is getting old…

6 Likes

I’ve given up voicing my opinion on the Hornady/covid thread.
I must be getting older…and wiser :thinking:
17 posts while I was out walking…sheesh.

4 Likes

No one I know remembers Kukla, Fran, and Ollie. I guess that means I’m old.

10 Likes

5 Likes

Had to look that one up :roll_eyes:…think I watched a few episodes, but lived it for 10 years :wink:

3 Likes