Sheriff's office: Alec Baldwin's 'prop firearm' kills one, injures another

I won’t. Promise.

2 Likes

Some info relayed to the host of this channel…Alec the tightwad, to cheap to hire a propmaster?
Also rumor it’s Alec’s gun (for me, not for thee) and wasn’t unloaded after last range visit.

5 Likes

What if…

his anger issue manifested itself?

3 Likes

Or… :man_facepalming:t4:

4 Likes

This is going to be a case of Hollywood circling the wagons around one of their own. They will use their unlimited access to the trash media to spin every excuse imaginable. Baldwin might come out with some phoney line about feeling responsible since he pulled the trigger, all the while putting the blame on some prop person that didn’t realize the depth of their responsibility.

The bottom line is this arrogant puke is going to skate and in all likelihood be painted as some kind of victim when all the ink is dry. They are going to review what happened to prevent this from happening again? In reality all they needed was a knowledgeable firearms owner to create the safety protocol they all should be required to follow. This was totally preventable!

4 Likes

This is proof that the training at Front Sight in Nevada is correct. Even if you see someone else mag and chamber check a firearm, you have a responsibility to check the gun yourself for safety. This is negligence, not an “accident”.
True. someone else broke rules by having live ammunition on set, but these incidents rarely happen because of one failure in the chain of events.

4 Likes

I believe this already is in place, esp. in union productions. 2 person cross check, altered firearms only, no live ammo on the set, etc. Maybe the low-cost production skirted the union and its rules, it is a possibility.
Trump derangement syndrome continues to plague the libs. What a hateful crowd they are.

3 Likes

Since Alec Baldwin is so anti-gun and so anti-2A shouldn’t he be refusing roles that depict him using a gun, glorifying guns or even guns in his movies? Shouldn’t he be setting the example on how he wants everyone else to be??

5 Likes

The politics of it and Mr. Baldwin’s proclivity to be an arrogant male appendage aside, a whole lot of things are wrong with this scenario.

It’s a MOVIE set therefore make believe, WHY is there REAL ammo on the set?

In Hollywierd vernacular there should have been AT LEAST a Prop Master, Armorer and Assistant Armorer that were responsible collectively to ensure that only “Movie ammo” of the appropriate flash are the ONLY ammo on the set.

The Sheriff said the gun was loaded with "real " ammo which means there were more “real” cartridges in the gun?

That it seems the actor bears no responsibility in this case seems to be negligent to me. If I am going to be handling a gun (especially a real gun with fake ammo) it is incumbent on ME to be aware of what is being loaded into the gun before I use it. If I don’t know how to check that it is also incumbent on ME to be trained/taught/instructed on a: how to use it b: identify the movie ammo from REAL ammo just as a start.

Something doesn’t make sense. I won’t delve into all the possible conspiracy theories that I’m sure will come out but somebody did a thing and probably for a specific reason. The who and why are yet to be determined.

That being said, couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. (you can read that two ways)

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

This is the big question, right? Clearly, someone brought some onto the set. But who?

All of us here know this and practice this. Among all the unknowns surrounding this incident, we can definitively say that Alec Baldwin did not. That’s the very reason why hypocritical, ignorant Hollywood elitists shouldn’t be spouting off on how to reduce “gun violence.”

4 Likes

Agreed. And “education and training” would have likely prevented this killing and injury at the hands of Baldwin. But to have education and training, you need to have a pupil with an open mind and a willingness to learn. Baldwin’s ego prevents him from ever being told what to do or what to learn. He knows everything and everyone else is beneath him.

He once asked (sarcastically) how it would feel to kill someone. Well, now he knows firsthand.

That’s an albatross that he has hung around his own neck. And I hope that he wears it for the rest of his miserable life on this planet.

Stay safe out there.

7 Likes

This may have been a gun that was being used for target practice during off hours and remained loaded. Regardless of the circumstances it’s obvious that safety procedures were not followed or inadequate. I agree with @Craig6 that the person with the gun in their hand needs to realize the responsibility they have like all gun owners. Obviously this mouthy SOB doesn’t think he needs to take on the responsibility that all of us follow religiously. Maybe the next time this A-list A-hole starts one of his cerebral rants it won’t be on the front page.

2 Likes

I read Alec Baldwin this and Unions that, OSHA should have blah blah blah. Here’s the deal, SOMEONE purchased, brought to the set, placed in a magazine, inserted the magazine into a viable firearm, racked it, took the safety off and handed it to the actor. That’s the crime, who did it, why did they do it. That ammo didn’t spontaneously show up there, it was there ON PURPOSE, SOMEONE Did It. Baldwin should have checked the gun, I’d be surprised if that’s not written into an obscure procedure somewhere, of course the uber elite don’t much care about the rules.

1 Like

It was a revolver.

4 Likes

I’m sure, given the type of movie being filmed, it was a revolver, but point taken.

Again, we all know the rules, and for most of us this isn’t even part of our job. For those whom it is part of their job, it’s doubly incumbent upon them to know and practice basic gun safety.

3 Likes

You’re too fast.

3 Likes

Mantis says otherwise … :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah, but not the BG. He’s not saying anything now. :rofl:

3 Likes

I’d say it was stupid that Alec didn’t check to see what was in the firearm as soon as it was handed to him. You are suppose to check to see if it is loaded or not and load it yourself so you know what in it.

3 Likes

What I read on msm today, union folks walked off the set due to safety concerns, iirc I read there were two prior negligent discharges already. Interim armorer handed Alec the gun saying “cold”. Armorer wasn’t sure she was ready for the job but was excited by the opportunity…
Someone hands me a gun, I don’t care what condition they say it’s in, and no one I shoot with is offended by anybody else checking for themself. Standard protocol.
Definitely negligent homicide if it was one of us peons.

3 Likes