Sheriff's office: Alec Baldwin's 'prop firearm' kills one, injures another

I stand corrected. :wink:

Sorry @Mike164, I should have just let that detail go. This story is really growing legs as it is.

Looking forward to some official word after a thorough investigation.

Stay safe!

4 Likes

What idiot would hand a real gun with real bullets to an actor on a movie set in a scene where he is apparently pointing it at the film crew? As responsible gun owners we would know how to check and handle a firearm. But as I alluded to before. Actors are all about make believe. Why would they assume they were being handed a real gun on a movie set? Especially after the assistant director yells “Cold Gun on the set” which supposedly happened before the gun was handed to Baldwin.

I will wait for more info before condemning Baldwin for pulling the trigger. He is an ignorant anti gunner who should have never been trusted with one in the first place. But as one of the assistant producers of the film he is responsible for hiring the incompetent people designated with keeping this complete breakdown of safety from happening on the set. And as a hypocritical anti gun preacher profiting off of the glorification of firearms on screen I hope he gets sued and shunned out of the business and all his wealth.

This is what happens when you let people who know nothing about firearms make decisions about firearm rules and regulations to make us all “safer”.

8 Likes

That being said I agree that this is fairytale land and they are supposed to have protocols to keep this from happening. This is not real-life although it caused real-death!

Spot on!

Agree again! Time will tell!

2 Likes

That is the same way Bruce Lees son, Brandon, was killed on the set of the CROW. That was a tragedy that could have been prevented. They need to start inspecting those prop guns more carefully.

4 Likes

This is like saying here catch the gun and you throw it to him and he plays with it without checking the gun! Duh!

2 Likes

Given that there were two or three (reports vary) “misfires” already on this production before the fatal incident, I don’t hold out much hope for them fixing this oversight anytime soon. It’s like they just can’t figure it out.

6 Likes

From what I read on Brandon Lee, he aimed the gun at his head, pulled the trigger, and didn’t realize that at that distance a blank could be fatal.

3 Likes

Perhaps future negligent discharges can be avoided if these anti gun actors or actresses would take the time to become proficient with firearms. There was a post that it was possibly baldwin’s personal revolver, If this was the case then there should be charges brought to him of criminal negligence at a minimum.

3 Likes

That was Jon-Erik Hexum who shot himself with a blank. Jon-Erik Hexum - Wikipedia

Brandon Lee was killed in an entirely different way. See here for details: Brandon Lee - Wikipedia

Ironically, both were killed with 44 magnums.

5 Likes

Oh well, msm strikes (out) again :laughing:
Thought I recalled Lee getting shot…but not much if a movie follower.

4 Likes

He did get shot, just not by himself.

5 Likes

I don’t know how trustworthy TMZ is as a source. But they are claiming that the firearm used in the shooting was one used for “target practice” off of the set when they weren’t working on the movie itself. That would explain how live ammunition was mixed in with the blanks that were intended for the making of the movie.

Here is the article. I’m not claiming it’s true or that TMZ is a reputable source. Just FYI

Stay safe, follow the rules of safe firearms handling ALWAYS!

7 Likes

A pretty ugly picture

Baldwin’s stunt double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was “cold” — lingo for a weapon that doesn’t have any ammunition, including blanks, two crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Times.

“There should have been an investigation into what happened,” said the crew member. “There were no safety meetings. There was no assurance that it wouldn’t happen again. All they wanted to do was rush, rush, rush.”

A colleague was so alarmed by the prop gun misfires he sent a text message to the unit production manager. “We’ve now had 3 accidental discharges. This is super unsafe,” according to a copy of the message reviewed by The Times.

I changed my opinion about this. Antigun Alec is culpable and liable for accidental homicide, probably not him alone.

5 Likes

As a certified RSO myself. I could just imagine having to deal with the inflated egos in that environment. Baldwin would probably send his “double” to my Safety Briefing and consider that satisfactory. I probably wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes on that set. Union or not, I would have walked off and probably called the authorities myself.

Safety has no ego. The egos of Baldwin and his pals killed someone on that fateful day. I’ve witnessed such blowhards in my professional life: “Do you know who I am?” Or, “Son, I’ve been handling guns since before you were born”. Famous last words before the negligent discharges.

Pride cometh before the fall.

Stay safe out there and listen to your RSO. Better yet, become one if you aren’t already.

8 Likes

Good for the Gateway Pundit for this concise article. Finally, someone in the media explaining that this incident and the other two/three on the set weren’t “misfires,” nor “accidents.”

My concern is the Baldwin shooting will perpetuate the myths that guns are inherently dangerous, unpredictable objects that fire at random, injuring and killing people. The article will hopefully allay some of that — not that many on the left read the stories from this outlet.

4 Likes

How can you possibly say that “It is not his responsibility to check the … weapon…” ???

Of course, other people should have checked, double checked and triple check the weapon. But, if it fires a lethal projectile, it is a weapon - not just a prop.

Anyone who handles any weapon is responsible for its safe use. Anyone!!! (Especially this Jackass, anti gun, Hollywood elite)

6 Likes

I would have all firing pins removed for the film! They can blend the gun sounds along with the movie? Unless they are cheap and want to do it their way then craps and oops came!

2 Likes

When I did WW2 re-enactments I didnt even own any live rounds of the rifle that was being used. And every event the Safety officer would walk and inspect our rounds to make sure there was no live rounds. And then we got the lecture about how blanks could ruin someones day. They were uber strict about such things because the potential for injury was great.

9 Likes

Nobody is at fault. It was the handgun’s fault. That is why we must ban AR-15s so this sort of thing doesn’t happen again. Do it for the children. Blame Donald Trump and George Bush.

9 Likes