Has Alec Baldwin started an active shooter training academy?

Remember…as we’re constantly told by all of the smartest people, police are the only people in a civil society who are competent and sufficiently trained to carry firearms.

5 Likes

LOL…“has Alec Baldwin started in active shooter training academy”…LOL

Sorry I don’t have anything more profound, but that’s all I got.

Edit: I apologize for coming back at this. How is it EVER the other guy’s responsibility to make sure that the gun we actually handle is safe?! I would say more, but it would really serve no purpose. :hot_face:

5 Likes

i have to share this story about 25 years ago my mom calls me said I need you to come check the guns she doesn’t usually handle them her choice but this one time she had scared herself but she was at least smart enough to leave the 12 double barrel and 357 black hawk alone but when I got there she said she had checked the 22 I ask her how 1 she looked down the barrel
2 pulled the hammer back
3 wanted to make sure nothing was in it so pulled trigger shot hole
threw the water heater needless to say all dads guns left with me that day

5 Likes

[P]olice are the only people in a civil society who are competent and sufficiently trained to carry firearms.

Yes, we hear that often, and many times, like this, after an officer does something stupid. The rest of armed society has its share of idiots, too, though, “I thought the gun was unloaded.”

5 Likes

It would surprise many how poorly some officers are trained. I have family in LE who states that it actually comes down to the budget and is why some SDs charge for purchase permits to supplement the budget so that at least some training can take place. But 40 round annual shooting qual is not enough for the everyday on the job risk. Actually, that exposes the LEO to all kinds of liability, and their lives are actually put at risk.

7 Likes