Replace Police (Defund Police Services)

Defund the police is one step in a multi faceted approach to federalize as much as possible, including law enforcement. Voting, education, etc…

Just my $.02

3 Likes

As has been asked by others multiple times… if we defund the police what will replace them…

thinkin soon the dems will introduce the idea of federal police or federalizing the police…

you and me we do NOT want that!!!

sure they’ll start out all nicy nice… and then get harsher and harsher which is the real goal IMHO…

so we have a situation similar to early NAZI germany… which eventually became the gestapo OR…

like in soviet russia the NKVD…

plus I have very serious doubts what is suggested would actually work…

been a bar tender and rode along with PD n deputy sheriffs… NOPE to what is said in the article posted!

wont work IMHO… just get some unarmed people hurt… and then you’ll have to call in armed LEO’s…

and IMHO is just a leftist attempt to eventually gain MORE control over us…

4 Likes

The person that wrote this is a utopian dreamer. She leaves out the most important fact in the discussion. Human nature. How many people you think would stop for an unarmed social worker trying to stop you for traffic infractions? Criminals by definition are NOT law-abiding citizens. THEY most certainly will be armed. And very likely to kill the unarmed “officers” that get in their way. The concept expressed in that article is simply not capable of working. Not in this country. That ship has sailed.

3 Likes

To everyone supporting “Defund the Police” I say this:

Get off your ass, leave the keyboard behind, join the police force and be the change you want to see. Until you can do that, shut your Sam Jackson pie hole. Because you have no place, no room to talk. You’re just looking for validation and attention.

6 Likes

Why can’t we use tranquilizer guns? It could replace the taser (which isn’t always effective), and pepper spray.
It would save a lot of lives.

Probably because the criminal would still have time to shoot the police before the tranquilizer kicked in. Probably would not work well depending on alcohol or drugs in their system. And the issue of capacity, accuracy, and retraining all the police.

Best choice is prosecute the few ‘bad’ cops, and teach kids NOT to resist arrest. Almost all of the recent controversial interactions all involve someone resisting arrest. (not saying that to excuse excessive force used)

6 Likes

Good point about the time delay to take effect.
Alot of recent incidents have involved drugs or psychotic events.

Example: George Flloyd. Could have been subdued.

2 Likes

In a word, dosing.

Shooting a 300 lb. man brandishing a shotgun requires a much larger quantity of drug than a 105 lb. grandma waving a meat cleaver.

There are other considerations, notably drug reactions and interactions. But in short, a tranquilizer can kill someone as well.

4 Likes

I can’t get over this idea that so many people now want to get rid of tasers, as a result of a high-profile encounter in which an officer accidentally used her firearm instead of her taser. Had she used her taser, no one would have even heard about the arrest.

It’s as if someone died when they took Meth instead of acetaminophen, and the reaction was to ban Tylenol.

6 Likes

Star trek phaser - put it on stun Scotty!

6 Likes

To the man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Floyd would be alive if he was tranquilized. Gonzales would be alive if he was tranquilized.
Why do simple encounters have to be deadly.
Totally support the police. There has to be a better way.
Staunch conservative.

1 Like

Somewhere out there is a creative entrepreneur that’s going to get rich off this. Maybe someone will come up with rapid deploy restrains made of foam or sticky goo, like you’d see in a sci-fi show. Or maybe someone will re-invent the taser concept and find a safer tool. The safer it is for the subject, the easier it is for police to use without getting sued.

I’m not ready to go full UK and take lethal force away from the police, though.

3 Likes

how about teaching kids not to behave in a way, that results in an arrest?
All goes back to destruction of the family and immorality flooding out of each TV and phone screen.

6 Likes

It always goes to" its because I’m black" never its because I’m violent, non-compliant when caught or Yes I did commit a crime.

4 Likes

It will come soon. A lot of sci-fi eventually becomes reality.

Saw thg he video today of an Iron Man suit that flies (a little).

3 Likes

Just like tasers, what do you do the first time someone dies from the tranquilizer do to some adverse reaction? Remove all police caused deaths in the black communities and it would barely statistically change the numbers. They are their own worst enemies. I dont know the answer other than quit resisting.

4 Likes

Or not: Colorado hammer murder suspect's lawyers question evidence | 9news.com

And this is simply not true, it’s speculation, especially with the fentanyl in Floyd’s system. Do you remember the 2002 Moscow Opera House hostage event? Russian forces used a narcotic gas to subdue the hostage takers; unfortunately, it killed several of the hostages.

4 Likes

Good point, now I recall some of the details. It was a weaponized form of phentanyl too.

3 Likes

Didn’t know that. Wow.

1 Like

More than likely, adding another substance to his system, would have killed him instantly.

6 Likes