Recommendation for Conceal Carry 45acp?

Kimber Ultra Carry Two…an amazing EDC gun, accuracy is great and comes with red crimson trace laser …

3 Likes

Best 45 conceal carry is a Glock 30s.

3 Likes

Welcome brother and stay safe

2 Likes

Glock 30. Love mine. Straight out of the box. Can also hold Glock 41 mags for when the first 10 weren’t enough.

5 Likes

Conversely, barrel length never bothered me but frame size did at one point… #fullsize1911fiveinchIWB (unless it’s during sweaty work!)

1 Like

I had a glock 36 that I liked,., wound up selling it (legally, FFL transfer) to a friend who needed protection in Philly more than I needed another glock lol …

2 Likes

Get a Galco shoulder rig and balance the weight with a two mag accessory on the other side. Tee shirt and Hawaiians or light jackets, sport coats all work depending on what your summer season is like. Depending on how loose you like your jeans or slacks IWB appendix works for some, or an urban carry rig below the belt there too. Of course, there are all the old standards too. Welcome home.

I know it. This is so personal, depends on how your body is built and how you carry,
I conceal 3.6" barrel with double stack 14/15 rounds mag. No printing.
My son has less belly (:zipper_mouth_face:) and grip size does matter there.
I do a lot of work sitting and squatting so shorter barrel is perfect for me.

2 Likes

@ES16
I’m still wondering what have you meant by this:

without dovetail

:thinking:

1 Like

There’s definitely times I don’t want to carry a full size 1911, as well. I have a Springfield 911 for the micro-carry :slight_smile:

I am a firm believer in no “right or wrong” when it comes to comfort/personal differences (physical, opinion, et al.) just saying that some days it can be IWB at 4oclock in shorts… but more position and clothing (top), than body type IMO.

3 Likes

1911 RANGE OFFICER® COMPACT HANDGUN

PI9126L

.45 ACP | BLACK, compact

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother, carry on, God bless you.

1 Like

My best friend was telling me about that pistol yesterday. He said it was a natural pointer that felt really good in his hand. He really liked it and will probably buy it when it’s avialable. Apparently, guns are a bit scarce where he lives. For some strange reason, people really want to be armed these days. I can’t imagine why (lol).

2 Likes

Dovetail/Beaver tail - 1911. Thanks to everyone who replied. These are some great suggestions. I forgot to add the “external safety” so my bad. Can’t view videos but i get the message on the ammo. My full size 1911 uses the above ammo pictured in Scoutbob’s pic. Love the pics of everyone’s puppy’s…

3 Likes

Big fan of 1911s here. I rotate mostly between a Kimber Ultra Raptor in the Summer and a Kimber Pro Tactical (in the picture below). Both have aluminum frames so I save some ounces there. I have other 1911s that make it into rotation at times including a Wilson Combat CQB. There’s a .43 in the pic too, always handy for a fast trip out the door.

3 Likes

Springfield XD’s, Being a slender guy, I discovered that it was virtually always the grip that was the problem, - too long and, or, too thick to hide reliably on my body. The XD’s carries for me nearly as well as a Glock 43, but it’s a .45. Limited rounds though, so a spare mag is a must. The weight and ride height were a big improvement over the colt compact for all day EDC. Most importantly, it could be made to fit my hand.

1 Like

Smith and wesson shield. Awesome for concealed. I use wallet holster shield 45 acp ! Sorry about mess in background. 20200609_162425|375x500

2 Likes

So M&P45 should work for you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It is looking more like the S&W… about the same size as the Springfield XD but has the external safety. All suggestions are extremely appreciated.

4 Likes

Anyone use 230gr HP or FMJ in the S&W M&P 45?

1 Like