Range targets - show them off!

@Blacky I tried to tell you, they are watching and they are coming to tell you…

6 Likes

Sig 345? :thinking:

4 Likes

@Blacky He did warn you!

4 Likes

I apologize the picture’s not very good, the range was still hot and I forgot to take a different one afterwards. Mine is the big black target with the red center. 10 yards, Springfield XD-9.

This was with a red dot AR-15 at 50 yards unsupported. Not great but for rapid fire I’m happy with it.

10 Likes

Good job!

4 Likes

My bad, it’s a 365

4 Likes

I started looking for a new Sig Sauer model. :rofl:

4 Likes

You didn’t know that Sig 345 is a Sig 365 in 45ACP? :joy:

5 Likes

I have an answer for you @Todd30

Today’s visit — 1800 yards again:

Yes, apparently it is repeatable.

11 Likes

That is what I am talking about! In the culinary world a person makes a loaf of bread that is like perfection, but the real question is, can he do it again and again? With the ability to reproduce the same outcome to a task it is confirmation that it just wasn’t a fluke or wild a$$ luck! You confirmed that it is possible, and it is repeatable, good job!

8 Likes

Thank you. I’m not done… not by a long shot (pun intended). But I’m going to need a bigger gun. :scream:

6 Likes

25 feet with my AR 45
The one I have been fighting with to get the bugs out of it. Almost there. It shoot almost good but still occasionally jams. I am looking at the magazines now.

25 feet
1911 .45 acp Springfield
What did I see? I do not seem to have a consistent grip.

10 feet 12 rounds in all four rounds change magazine four rounds mag change then four rounds.
What did I see? I need to be at the range more frequently and practice more.

10 Likes

Not my best. First shot is at 6”, made a nice hole. Had to step back after the first shot since I’m using an older target. Made a nice hole.

Stepped back to 10 yards, shooting at aces. standing still and taking a step left or right and moving from one ace to another with multiple shots each draw.

6 Likes

Yeah… Pretty short distance to rip the target off from the hanger… :stuck_out_tongue:

A 2023-10-01 14-35-23
not mine picture. the muzzle blast looks awesome

4 Likes

I was asked if I have ever shot that close before because I might need to some day. I said no but would post a target of doing it. I found it different from what I thought it would be.

4 Likes

Shooting from very close distance is not as easy as people think.
You can actually feel the energy coming out from the muzzle.
It’s a little bit weird but definitely worth practicing to not be surprised once you have to shoot from retention in real confrontation.

7 Likes

I definitely felt the blow back

4 Likes

:love_you_gesture:

I’m hoping every member here tried this at least once…
As we know a lot of confrontations occur at “extremely close distance” (1’ or less). That means if you draw and shoot from such distance or from retention you will feel the energy coming at you.
If you don’t know or never experienced that feeling - it may cost you a few seconds and even your life.
I’ve been seeing a lot of shooters (I experienced this by myself as well) surprised and instead of continuing extending distance and shooting… they just stopped after first shot trying to figure out what has just happened. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

And don’t forget, don’t push the barrel against anything/anybody if shooting a semi auto. It can push the slide out of battery and all you get is a click when the trigger is pulled.

7 Likes

Great observation @Gary_H :ok_hand:

Actually whenever we shoot from extremely close distance we always should use the other hand as the buffer between us and the assailant. Always create distance, especially shooting from 6" or so. Once you use the other hand to push assailant away your shooting hand automatically makes the move in opposite direction (that’s human nature) and your muzzle gets a space for proper slide reciprocation.

6 Likes