Dot Torture Drill

Some of you have been talking about the Dot Torture Test in other threads (including this one: What's your favorite training drill on the range? - #7 by Sheepdog556)

Here are the details for new shooters and those of us who might not have used this drill before:

8 Likes

I bought some and hopefully get delivered tomorrow before I go to the range. I’m pretty excited about them.

2 Likes

It sucks but in a good developing skills kinda way.

3 Likes

Great for warming up and getting focused at the beginning of a training session.

2 Likes

Save your money next time and print them out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fIEXRd_gN_OOb6xWMkt_4mcQVgCLAplb/view?usp=drivesdk

4 Likes

Dot torture always kicks my butt.

3 Likes

Here is my Dot Torture Target (Home made).

I do similar drill, but at 7, 10 and 15 yards.

20190614_214816

5 Likes

Nothing but love,good stuff Thank You love the downloads

2 Likes

@Dr_Richard I can post the full file if you haven’t seen it. Have a lot of drills I’ve saved.

2 Likes

After playing with the circles,shoot the intersections of the lines, and the fun keeps coming. Aim small shoot small.

3 Likes

As an aside,if you change the circle center colors,orange,black,white etc. You will see differences in accuracy initially due to our perception and obviously changing circle size . Nice,really nice

1 Like

I enjoy Dot Torture drills. Another favorite of mine is this “Consistency” drill. It has a par time, but I don’t use the timer on it as I prefer to focus on precision and accuracy with this drill.20190505_154558

5 Likes

I printed some out and went to the range. These are fantastic in the most aggravating way. Thanks for posting the link.

3 Likes

No matter how many times I shoot the drill, it still kicks my butt.

2 Likes

Is that a printable target @Nathan

2 Likes

@BrophE - Yes it is. Here’s a photo of a clean target…Screenshot_20190424-112414_Chrome

8 Likes

Nathan, I can’t read the picture-what yardage for the drill?

EDIT Never mind, I was looking at the shot target not the clean one–sorry!

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll add it to my file of training targets.

2 Likes

Looks fun. I’ll give it a go

2 Likes

That would be great, thank you

1 Like