Range targets - show them off!

Not Bad. Not Bad. Grate shooting Bobby Jean :feather::feather::bangbang::chile:

1 Like

My favorite movie rigs says to the jumper you really want to do you really and he makes the KARZY guy jump off the lejed of the building and when they get down the man has lost his mind and was saying that rigs was KARZY so kool LEATHEL WEPON that movie where rigs is counting out a hundred dollars and the coke is A hundred thousand dollars and a free tree it’s the little things in life that will get you or save you. Great flick and he was great with his 9, millamiter breata Danny had a cannon haw haw so kool they got the bad guys DIPCIKLMADICK AMUNNITY. HAW HAW Bobby Jean :feather::feather::chile:

1 Like

Jerzy Brother I still am waiting to know what size the target is :question::question::question::question: PURTTY pitcher but it did not tell me the size of the target that I was asking about now I do not know what target I was asking about grate job peace Bobby Jean :chile:

1 Like

What target?
The previous question wasn’t for me…

1 Like

I am praying for you this moment for you to feel better and be blessed and get better in Jesus Christ almighty holy name amen We love ya brother hag in their we are prying for you shooter Rick. You can not lose your blessed Bobby Jean :feather::feather::chile:

4 Likes

This was shortly after I started carrying concealed and switched my everyday carry firearm from a Ruger LCP in .380 to a Springfield XDE DA/SA in 9mm. Upon shooting this day was when I figured out how the trigger reset function works. If you don’t know how to do it, learn. It can save your life if you ever have to use your firearm in a self defense situation.

9 Likes

Nice shooting brother. I couldn’t agree more about trigger reset. I was shooting for years without understanding trigger reset. Then I was taught about it…. It has greatly improved my speed and accuracy. Keep up the great shooting. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks man. It took me a while to figure it out but I got it.

5 Likes

Training day at the range for me today.
#1 target - loaded 4 mag’s with 4 rounds and a snap cap, each mag the snap cap was at a different location. Had my wife shuffle mag’s as I turned my back. Put one mag in my belt carrier concealed, loaded firearm and fired rounds as quickly as possible, did the slap, roll & rack when snap cap was chambered and continued. Slide lock, eject empty mag as I retrieved and inserted loaded mag while never taking my eyes off target. Went through this mag with the same procedure as the first, when slide lock happened to second mag I ejected and set firearm on firing line table.
Repeated this a few times with first firearm.
#2 target - loaded 4 mag’s with 8 rounds and 2 snap caps and followed same procedure as first target but with different firearm.

8 Likes

Good job!

3 Likes

Nice work! What did you notice? What did you learn?

4 Likes

@Todd30 , I’ve been practicing routinely with the snap caps and have grown to notice the click, as some would say none boom. Have gotten pretty proficient on that procedure.
I’ve gotten better over time on my re-aquire sights on target from recoil. My trigger reset functions have gotten better over time though the two shots, (out of 68 shots), that were released to soon on target #2 because of me wanting to try to speed up the shooting.
The learning findings on the #2 target is, for me, know your limitations on the different actions done while using a firearm.

4 Likes

Here are the results of an interesting experiment I just ran at the range with my Ruger EC9s.

I used a pinkie extension on the left side targets, and NO pinkie extension on the right side targets. I alternated mags as I switched between left and right side to factor out hand fatigue.

There are six rounds through each target. You can see some double-holes.

What do you see?

7 Likes

Definitely stick with the mag extentions! or work on your trigger pull more which would not be a bad idea.

4 Likes

Fill me in on your observations. The left side of the sheet is with the extensions, the right side is without. It seemed to me the groupings on the right side are tighter.

And yes, I need to work on 1) My trigger pull and 2) Firmer pressure with my left thumb.

2 Likes

OH, I got it backwards. We all need to work on a firmer grip and trigger pull.

4 Likes

OK, thanks. And yep, when I reviewed the targets, I came to the same conclusion. Thanks, I appreciate another set of eyes on my data!

3 Likes

I have hoped that this subject isn’t just about I shot holes in a target but, What did you see? What did you learn? What are you going to change?

4 Likes

For me it’s “What did I do wrong?”.

4 Likes

Not standing close enough to the target? Jerking the trigger? :grinning::rofl:

4 Likes