Question for the left handed

How do you carry your firearm in your vehicle? Do you keep it on you, or stage it somehow? I am new to carrying daily and have yet to figure out how to safely access it while behind the wheel.

10 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @JohnnyGSA and you are in the right place at the right time.

4 Likes

@JohnnyGSA
There is a tread from Feb. 2021 called Carrying in a Vehicle which may have some valuable information.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @JohnnyGSA
I carry it on my hip, I have trained on getting my seat belt off, drawing, and twisting to get in the positions I need for the pax window and the drivers window. My backup goes in the armrest, holstered.
I plan on getting one of these

Hth

6 Likes

@JohnnyGSA
I am right handed and carry it appendix and at 3:30. I can get to it either way. I practice removing my seatbelt and drawing with an empty pistol. I have gotten better and quicker at it. On occasion in the center console.

3 Likes

@JohnnyGSA Knowing what state you are in can make a big difference in the answers you get.
I am from WI. I carry a full size pistol at 3:00, if I am driving I put it in the console, if I am a passenger I carry holstered. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you very much! I will look it up.

4 Likes

Sorry, I should have stated that. I am in Arizona.

3 Likes

Here is a link to the article.

6 Likes

Thank you for the link !

4 Likes

Not a bad product brother @BRUCE26. I just prefer on body for short drives and running errands or center console for long drives. I am sure some people on this forum will love this holster mount.

4 Likes

my weapon i always have it on me in a shoulder holster on the left side and I never will wear a seat belt, i had an acident and had a load of pipe come through the drivers wind sheile and would have died if I had a seat belt on,when i saw i was going to hit the pipe I leaned over in the passenger seat,and that is why I will never trapped by a seat belt ever

4 Likes

Brother @Layton
I want you to live a long life so wear your seatbelt. The chances of that happening again is slim to none. :pray:

5 Likes

I just have a phobia of being trapped,especially in a car

1 Like

Welcome to the community @JohnnyGSA.

I prefer to keep my pistol on me while in a vehicle. I am a lefty and now mostly carry appendix or occasionally front pocket. But I used to carry at the 8 o’clock position and by leaning to my right could draw while still wearing a seatbelt. Though it took several practice sessions in the garage with an empty pistol.

7 Likes

Lefty here, crossdraw (a righty’s appendix or 1 o’clock position).
I thought of unholstering when I’m driving, and moving the gun to another holster located between driver seat and console, or a magnetic gun mount. Haven’t made up my mind yet.
I once put it in a holster inside a backpack on passenger seat. Then, completely forgot about it until I noticed feeling light in the waist area.

5 Likes

First of all - we are lucky to be left handed, it’s much easier to operate the handgun inside the car. :wink:
At the very beginning I was using cross draw 1 - 1:30 o’clock, but eventually I found door pocket to be the best place for my handgun.
You definitely have to test what works for you - each car is different. When I drive my wife’s car, there is no way I can use door pocket and I just slide holstered handgun between seat and center console panel and use my right hand to draw it.
In may case - whenever I’m inside the car, the handgun is not on me - it’s always in the spot I can quickly use it without loosen seat belts and changing my seating position.

6 Likes

If I am driving, I have 2 magnetic holsters mounted under the dash 1 will hold my Glock 30, and the second :magnet: is inline with the first so it will hold my Glock 41( as it is significantly heavier than the 30. Passenger side I have a mounted safe that holds it if I am on the passenger side.

6 Likes

I like it!

3 Likes

That so cool; Imma get me one of these! Thanks!

3 Likes