Question for the left handed

Are you able to carry appendix? 10 or 11 O’clock? Whatever you do, do not store in the door, on the door! Too much can go wrong there! If you do carry appendix, make sure that your seatbelt will not contact your gun. The bruise and damage to yourself in an accident would be bad.

5 Likes

I just ordered the two pack.
Use code 20% OFF FIRST ORDER

4 Likes

??
Any reason? It works for me. Easy access for left handed. Of course everything depends on car and door characteristics, but presenting handgun from the door pocket is the fastest.

3 Likes

If your door is opened by someone else, you will lose the ability to reach it. When you get out of your vehicle it opens the distance to reach it as well as open yourself up to presenting yourself and the gun. If in a car accident it can be dislodged and become unavailable to be reached wherever it may go. Just a few reasons.

11 Likes

Right handed but i will carry one in each side of my hip from time to tine, just carry OWB and drive normal

3 Likes

Welcome

1 Like

Left handed here. My SD Weapon (and my belly) is small enough that I can wear it comfortably AIWB while driving at least up to 2.5 hours at a time. Don’t have any experience driving any further with it.

6 Likes

These are mostly extremes.
First - who drives with unlocked doors these days?
Second - when I get out from my vehicle - I grab my handgun from door pocket with my first step out.
Third - any kind of accident - you lose ability to use your handgun in most cases. It may happen that handgun holstered on you becomes locked during the accident.
We cannot avoid everything. Life is unpredictable and we can only do things which make everything easier.

I’m not negating your inputs, just the reasons described don’t seem to convince at least me to change trained habits.

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @JohnnyGSA . This is a great community so welcome to the journey. It’s always good to see new blood in the 2A as well as the Concealed Carry community. Shoot straight, be safe, stay alive.

When in my vehicle the EDC stays on me, slightly adjusted to account for the seat belt position. In the beginning I used to stage it on the vehicle but that required more manipulation than I wanted. So now it stays on-body.

Here’s a video from Warrior Poet Society that covers a lot of vehicle setup part, but includes an EDC section. These guys put out great content, and make me laugh, so that’s a bonus:

Best wishes in your new path.

4 Likes

Here are a couple of ridiculous options from a fellow southpaw:

1. Buy a British car with the steering wheel on the right side.
  2. Buy a Jeep or an old HMMWV from government auction, and drive with the doors off.
  3. Self-identify as a right-handed person.
9 Likes

Variables to be considered. Probabilities being covered. critical thinking being used! Job done!

7 Likes

That is my preference. My Hellcat & holster are perfectly comfortable right there!

7 Likes

In cool weather, try a shoulder holster. Easy access, and you won’t leave it in your car! I originally made “accidental” left-handed holsters when putting my hand-made pattern on the leather the wrong way up and cutting before I relalized what i was doing. Now, I routinely make left-hand holsters, both belt and shoulder-types, on purpose! I was surprised how many “lefties” were in my circle of friends and acquaintances!

6 Likes

Just make sure the seatbelt is not sitting on the gun, big boo boos if ever in an accident!

6 Likes

Your problem gives another valid reason to train with your non-dominant hand beside the possibility that you may become disabled in the use of your dominant hand. Seriously, practice shooting with each hand, one-handed as if you are wounded.

6 Likes

I have mine on my left hip because I’m left handed but I have a knife in the door I can get to fast. I have been thinking of putting a holster under the dash so I can get to my pistol faster.

6 Likes

@Robert_G
Under the dashboard sounds great or you can train right handed. :+1::+1:

4 Likes

They were delivered, I’m surprised at how well the foam holds my pistols.

9 Likes

Excellent setup brother @Karacal :+1::+1:

4 Likes

I was raised shooting right handed till I took my conceal and carry class and found out I was left eye dominant.

6 Likes