Presidential Candidate's Pledge

I personally agree with Beto O’Rourke’s statement, We cannot rely on corporations to stop gun violence. That’s where my agreement with him ends.

What are your thoughts on O’Rourke’s campaign pledge:

“So I want to be really clear that that’s exactly what we’re going to do,” O’Rourke said. “Americans who own AR-15s and AK-47s will have to sell them to the government.”

1 Like

Just going to go with :rage:

7 Likes

I didn’t buy anything from the government, how can they “buy it back.” Robert O’Rourke won’t even use his real name. Calls himself “Beto” to gain the Hispanic vote. Any candidate that call for the disarming of law abiding citizens, is an enemy of the Republic.

8 Likes

Finally a Democratic candidate that’s truthful about their intentions once elected.

6 Likes

I have a big middle finger as my response to the antigun politicians.

3 Likes

Good Luck with that!

2 Likes

SX425

3 Likes

Saying that we would HAVE TO is confiscation,

I took an oath too Mr. O’Rourke…

4 Likes

Ah?.. nope… 'Wouldn’t be prudent at this juncture."

4 Likes

This is a very frustrating statement from the presidential candidate, @Chris4. Thanks for adding some levity to the discussion.

6 Likes

So he just admitted the plan, at least he’s not in denial.

3 Likes

molon labe

3 Likes

We know we can’t trust a Democrat when it comes to the 2A. Right now I’m more concerned with the Republicans caving on it.

4 Likes

There was this phrase we had to use in typing class (yes before there were keyboards there were typewriters) to help us learn where all the letters were located. It goes like this;

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

6 Likes

I remember that - and still agree with it to this day, @DBrogue!

5 Likes

My AR-15 ISN’T AND ASSAULT WEAPON. It is a DEFENSIVE WEAPON and one used for COMPETITIONS. and if the government wants to buy it from me i’ll be glad to sell it to them for what I have invested in it. WHICH MEANS THAT THEY WILL HAVE TO BUY IT FOR WHAT I WANT. AND NOT THEIR TERRIBLY BELOW FAIR MARKET VALUE.

3 Likes

The only “assault rifle” was the Sturmgewer. Because that is it’s proper name “Assault Rifle.” We have semiauto sporting rifles, or machine guns. They can both be used TO assault, or defend. Assault is an action, and inanimate objects are just tools used to perform an action.

5 Likes

All they are asking is that people not open carry. Let’s face it, that’s pretty rare. And it still won’t stop people who intend on doing harm in Walmart from bringing guns into Walmart.

5 Likes

Step one

Step two

They (the stores) will be declaring themselves Gun free zones and the then the violence can increases even more. Seldom do we lose all or rights at once, they are chiseled away one small piece at a time.

5 Likes

I see what you’re saying @DBrogue, but after sleeping on it, why wouldn’t they just say no carrying all together right now?

And we don’t want to take anyone’s right to make their choices on their property away. We have to respect other’s right to make those choices. We don’t have to like their choices or agree with them, but we want them to be able to choose - because we want to be able to make our own choices.

5 Likes