Pistol Sight Upgrades

Upgrading the sights on our carry pistols is often an important step in preparing them for concealed carry. I just replaced the stock plastic sights on my Glock Gen5 G19 with some Trijicon night sights. I love the bright orange front sight and subdued rear. The rear sight also has a good ledge, and they are made out of steel, so one-handed rack manipulation is much easier. I can’t wait to try these at the range! What are your preferred carry pistol sights?

PS - I verified that the gun was unloaded before taking these photos.

5 Likes

This 48 year old uses Standard and Big Dot Sights on five of my seven handguns. Can’t find any after market sites for my Tokarev, but, the gun shoots perfectly without an upgrade. My P365 sights are great so far, and debating if I should put an XS sight on it.

3 Likes

@Ronald1 - The SIG P365 sights are excellent. They were the inspiration for the Trijicon sights that I put on my G19. I also like red dot sights, but only on my range pistols so far.

4 Likes

Great sights, I have the same on several of my XD’s and XDM’s.

Of all the upgrades that to me make sense tritium night sights are the cheapest and most valuable while being much less expensive than many other potential upgrades.

5 Likes

I order my Glock Gen 5 - 19 with Ameriglo night sights. Very nice and easy to see.

4 Likes

XS F8 night sights

2 Likes

@J_Richard - I believe the FBI uses Ameriglo night sights on their G17 duty pistols.

1 Like

Has any tried a ghost ring rear sight on their pistol? I am consixering, but may have to make one as I can’t seem to find one for any model, let alone my Security 9.

Regards.
Beware the man who owns only one gun.

1 Like

A ghost ring rear sight wouldn’t work properly. Ghost rings are supposed to be close to your eye, once you extend the pistol out the rear sight won’t ghost properly

1 Like

This post made me go look at the XS sight website. They now make them for the Sig P365.

Thanks @Nathan

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, Sheepdog.

@Nathan Yes they are. They were recommended by a former student who was providing a private lesson for me. He worked for the John Shaw shooting school and now trains both the Navy Seals and British SAS.

1 Like

25 yards with the new sights on the G19 today. I shoot left-handed, so I was probably pushing the trigger to the right a little. Not a bad group at that distance though. The second photo was some generic dot torture at 10 feet. Other than a couple of rushed shots that I pulled low, it was otherwise solid.

@Zee - Some range updates for you.

1 Like

That’s really not accurate. As long as the aperture is of the proper size they work at arm’s length just fine.

I’ve never had them on a pistol but I have had them on a couple of rifles with the rear sight way out on the barrel. Worked just fine.

1 Like

25 yards? You should try out for the US Olympic team.

2 Likes

A good quick little read

2 Likes

@Nathan nice work!! How are you liking the sights? They seem to be working for you, are you happy?

1 Like

@WildRose - Ha! Thanks, but I’m nowhere near that talented or skilled. That G19 and I just work well together.

@Zee - I love those new sights. The front sight is very easy to pick up, and they are very rugged as well. I just need to clean up my trigger pull, but my excuse is that I am rusty after not shooting for a month lol!

1 Like

If you’re shooting 4" groups consistently at 75’ with a stock semi auto you are in the top .001% of shooters in the world.

2 Likes

I want to be as good as @Nathan when I grow up :grin:

1 Like