M&P Pistol Sight Recommendation

I’m thinking about upgrading my M&P sights. I like the stock sites, but I think some of the after market sights may help with faster site acquisition.

I have a PC shield that has the holographic sights. I like them, but they only optimally appear in good lit conditions. My current carry gun is a Shield 45 with stock M&P sights

3 Likes

I think we covered this few months ago… but new experience brings new information :point_up:

I was always pro “tritium” person, but unfortunately my eyes are not cooperating with me the way I would like to… ehh… using simple language… I’m getting older and older… :thinking: :roll_eyes: :joy:

So going after other member’s advice I bought and installed Truglo TFX sights on my P-01. OMG - :scream: 100% better visibility, faster target acquisition and shot placement. :+1:

That is my route with new M&P9 coming next week !

5 Likes

What are your thoughts on getting different colored rear sites vs front sites? I just looked you Tru Glow and they offer yellow in the back and green in the front.

2 Likes

For low light condition - it doesn’t matter - TFX sights glow GREEN.
During the day you will mostly see front sight only, and in my case the WHITE is better than ORANGE. I spoke with few people about differences and it seemed to be personal preference.
I went with WHITE, because all original front sights on my handguns were white, so I got used to it.

A_20201020_01 A_20201020_02

4 Likes

Oh cool, I see there is still a visual difference between the three dots though.

3 Likes

I bought the Truglo, but not impressed when I finally saw them. My eyes are old and I didn’t like the rear sights as they are much darker than the advertising shows. I don’t know why they didn’t put white rings around the rear. Anyway I found one ideal for me, Trijicon, bright& tough. Bought the GL01Y, yellow and green (with little white rings for daytime) for my G3c, when I get it back from repair🙄

2 Likes

How long do these night sights keep their glow?

2 Likes

For your consideration: https://www.nightfision.com

2 Likes

12 years

3 Likes

They glow perfectly fine. Front and rear have the same brightness.
The other thing is that advertising always shows everything better :grimacing:

Because this way you are focused on front sight → one of Fundamentals of Marksmanship :point_up:

3 Likes

American company with fantastic customer service. All my pistols have their sights on them along with one AR.

3 Likes

Several years, they very slowly decay

3 Likes

Well it may well be my eyes and aptitude but the G3c and tru glow have no reference for me to align the front sight with. I need something other than black to determine the spacing either side of the rear sights.

2 Likes

Have you tried the Big Dot sights? They look interesting.

2 Likes

I have. They take a little getting used too but I absolutely LOVE them. I switched to XS F8 sights only because the have a taller rear post which makes one handed reloads a breeze.

3 Likes

I said this a while back when you are in trouble and have to pull the trigger, YOU WILL NOT BE LOOKING AT THE SIGHTS. Put a laser on your hand gun and train to learn how to point shoot. In Point shooting the only thing you see is the target. The laser is a training aid and no better than the gun sights when you are in trouble. Sorry boys and girls that is just the way it is and you had better know how to point shoot when you are in trouble.

5 Likes

TFX are glowing GREEN 24/7.
These are green fiber tubes with tritium inserts.

A_20201020_04

2 Likes

Personal preference…

I use point shooting in short distances, but with longer distance and precision shot sights are needed.

3 Likes

I was hoping you would say that​:grin: I’ll need to get a set, I think they would work better for me.:+1: thanks!

2 Likes

We are not talking about target shooting, we are talking about protecting yourself and your family. Besides that and I think each state may be different, if you shoot someone over 15-20 feet from you, he had better have a gun are you may be in serious trouble.

3 Likes