TruGlo or Trijicon

I am getting ready to upgrade the sights on my EDC and can’t decide between the TruGlo TFX Pros or the Trijicon Bright & Tough. Who has either or both and what do you like about them? I realize they are pretty similar in form and capability. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I am familiar with the Truglo TFX and they are excellent sights. I just had some Night Fision sights put on my M&P and the are fantastic I love them. I have some pics under Topic: New Sights.

1 Like

I dont think you would go wrong with either choice.

3 Likes

Both are great.
Look at them at manufacturers website to see the difference.
TFX Pros are tritium with fiber optic and they are twice longer than Trijicons.
Trijicons are neat and small. White outline seems to be less visible during the day than green dots and orange outline on TFX Pros … however it’s most personal preference.

3 Likes

The Night Fision sites are pretty sweet looking. Now I have three to choose from! Haha

2 Likes

:grin:
Hard to decide… there are even more than these 3… :flushed:

What are you carrying?

2 Likes

I have a couple handguns I am looking to upgrade sights but my current EDC is a SA XD MOD2 .45.

2 Likes

Haha… that is going to be tough decision. :grinning:
SA XD Mod 2 is supported by all sight manufacturers :grinning:
Good luck… Like I mentioned - personal preference. From night usage perspective, all 3 will do the job.

1 Like

I have spoken with a couple of Smith’s about the tru glows, they explained to me yes the sights are set up quite well, the only issue that they had mentioned was that they were made with “pot metal” ( Greek to me) yet they both said that they had had issues with the customers bringing back the pistols with those sights cause the front sight seemed to fly off, and had issues with models that had dovetail front sights.
I would contact them and find if they had changed the make up of the metal that they use.
Apparently, pot metal is softer.
Worth looking into if your going to spend the money.
Good luck!

3 Likes

I have 2 firearms with Tru Glow optics and one for Trijicom.

I will have to say I like the Tru glow better. Just easier to find target with.

4 Likes