Night Sights

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=SA637-C-600850

I am looking at getting a set of these for my EDC. Does anyone have any experience with them? (I’ve given up on going the RMR route for the time being)

Are they easy to pick up in the dark? Will I be replacing them frequently? (I don’t know how long the glow material lasts).

Trijicon is as solid as they come for sights.

I also like Handgun Sights | Suppressor Height Sights | Tritium Sights

Great company out of Texas a little friendlier on the pocket book

1 Like

Those are generally considered the best night sights, if not top 2. Those even look like the narrower front sight to give better sight picture. I almost bought those for my Glock, but then I bought a Sig that came with night sights. I was going to get the yellow over red, because red is at the end of the visible range and yellow is more in the middle. In my head, the yellow would be more “visible”. Most people buy the red.

The radioactive pixie dust in night sights longevity is measured in half life. That’s generally 10-12 years. So, in 10 to 12 years, it will be half as bright as it is now. If you are happy with the price, and get new(ish) sights, you have a 97% chance of loving them.

1 Like

I have a set with the orange front sight which is extremely visible during the day time. At low light or in the dark you see a three glowing green dots. I have installed these on three different guns. I guess you can say I love them.

1 Like

You will like them. I have Trijicon Tritium sights on two of my compacts/sub compacts.

1 Like

I’ve shot with the XS and while they take a little getting used to if you’ve been shooting for a long time they are rather intuitive for new shooters not accustomed to looking for the traditional sight picture you get with more traditional sights. Good quality at a reasonable price too, I’ve yet to hear of any problems with them.

1 Like

I got the Trijicon sight for my Ruger SR9c. Love them.

1 Like

Their F8 sights are a more traditional sight picture and a more pronounced rear sight post which makes one handed reloads much easier.