One of the 22 a day.

Got a visit from the local PD today. Wanted to talk to me “in the house.” I asked can’t we just talk outside, thinking of the ATF interactions I see on YouTube and read about. They said “better inside”. I said"let me go cover the paint can" , shed I’m rebuilding, thinking maybe a neighbor complained about that, which seemed farfetched. Then it dawned on me, I asked, got a 1/4 head nod from both officers. I led the way in, and got Janice.
My son was found in his apartment today, after several days of no contact. His suffering is over. Making arrangements, getting contacts, funeral homes, VA, coroner, apt.complex mgr., and breaking down near the end of every call. Having the feeling this could happen, but getting pushed away, and hoping that someday my son might “come around”. No more optimism, what’s done is done. His name is Aaron, yes, thoughts and prayers are appreciated, and we will be having a military graveside service in Middletown CT sometime in the future. Semper Fi.

25 Likes

Lord God I give you thanks and praise for the healing of the loved ones of Aaron.

11 Likes

We are so sorry to hear of your sons passing Brother. Thought’s and Prayer’s. Bruce and Nancy. :us:

13 Likes

My heart goes out to you and your family. Sorry that this happened and wish comfort on all who knows him.

10 Likes

I am sorry for your loss, stay strong.

10 Likes

God bless your family sir. God bless his brave soul. I am so sorry to hear it. May the Holy Spirit be with you all.

9 Likes

@mattm
My wife and I will pray for you and there are people in this family who will be praying for you also. It is not supposed to be this way, I know, our children are supposed to bury us. Gods plans are not our plans. One thing I am sure of is that Aarons suffering is over. He would not want you and your wife to suffer. Lets celebrate his life and remember the good things. PM me if you need to speak brother, I mean it.

13 Likes

God Bless you and your family mattm, May God send some angels to watch over you and yours in this difficult time. No words can a swage the grief your family is going through @ this moment. Your son gave his all for this REPUBLIC and we are all better for his Service. It is not only the soldier who serves but the family also. Semper Fi brother.

11 Likes

Appreciate it, guys. After all the calls today, I found it’s going to be better driving out to Ohio and doing what needs doing in person. Got to re-roof the shed by Sunday, we’ve had a dry spell which helped with the reconstruction. Leave Monday, get there Tuesday, visit the courthouse, PD, Apt complex, funeral home. Not my ideal road trip.
I do good until someone expresses condolences. Visions blurry again. Part of healing I suppose, so it’s appreciated.
Fwiw, Barry54 can’t post anymore as he refused to update his iPhone as I’m sure some of you recall. We still keep in contact, he and his wife are good people…We were talking today and he sent me this link…oops, wrong phone, I’ll post it separately. Been one of those days. Made tea with no tea in the basket…honey water, and left the filter running as well, so the counters are real clean now :clown_face:

12 Likes

Anyways, Barry54’s new “go-to” site, and if any of you have a carpenter bee problem, well here’s your solution. :wink:Carpenter Bee Load

5 Likes

Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
Shakespeare

God speed Sir Aaron

7 Likes

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family @mattm sorry for your loss.

6 Likes

My heart just dropped, very sorry for your loss.

9 Likes

Very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

8 Likes

I’m so very sorry. There are no words anyone can say to lessen the hurt, so I’ll just say my prayers to God for you and your family.

7 Likes

My deepest sympathies.
Should you feel the need, I can tell you a friend found great support and comfort from
The Compassionate Friends organization.

6 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. I hope that you and yours know thoughts and prayers is not a simple platitude.

6 Likes

Thank you Craig. I’ll look into it. Edit. 2 chapters within 9 miles.

4 Likes

Yeah, and it is appreciated. Thank you.

5 Likes

A thumbs-up is wrong in my opinion. I say my condolences. Sorry, for your family’s loss. :frowning:

4 Likes